Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should 'Non Foundational" Blacks be able to use the N-Word?

First time I heard a British rapper say "nigga" shit ain't feel right.
I know NYC afro latinos let it fly all the time (even the non-afro latinos).
I had this cat I knew from USVI say it back in college when he got comfortable being here in the States, shit raised my eyebrow.
I'm kinda not cool with it, but that's prolly ;cause I've been trying to stop saying it myself and it's caused more examination of who's saying it around me. Black Americans were subjected to being called a "nigger", not Canadians, not Caribbean Black folks, not Afro-Latinos.

Us.

So I'm not as accepting of it as I used to be coming from Black folks that don't have that same history as we do here in the States.

I had this cat I knew from USVI say it back in college when he got comfortable being here in the States, shit raised my eyebrow.
I'm kinda not cool with it, but that's prolly ;cause I've been trying to stop saying it myself and it's caused more examination of who's saying it around me. Black Americans were subjected to being called a "nigger", not Canadians, not Caribbean Black folks, not Afro-Latinos.

Us.

So I'm not as accepting of it as I used to be coming from Black folks that don't have that same history as we do here in the States.

You sure about this?

Us.

Nigger isn’t American exclusive. Also if In those other countries they had other slurs for black people they still went through the same oppression.

now if you just trying not to say it at all and don’t like it that’s fine

Me and my missus (here in the UK) have just been bingeing on documentaries and films revolving around Stephen Lawrence... a black young man murdered by a pack of white men in 1993

... black people are called niggers too here in Europe

Also ... a whole lot of the greatest slave traders involving black Africans were white Europeans

Before we even talk of what the likes of Britain, France, Spain and Portugal did to the entire continent of Africa... turning it into a feudal geopolitical entity with no stability for their economic profit

Back