Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should 'Non Foundational" Blacks be able to use the N-Word?

Whether it be nigger, kaffir, abed, slave, chalkie or whatever it makes no matter

If South Africans were running around calling each other kaffir, and I fell through and started saying it and they felt I shouldn't be saying it, then I ain't saying it. Their experience and that of their forefathers ain't my experience.

But the term "nigger" in this specific context DID originate in the colonies and it was used specifically there.

edit: It's also worth mentioning that slavery in Central and South America was dominated by the Spanish and Portuguese. The term wouldn't have been used there.
Have you ever left the states?

And what do you know about the Carribbean experience?

You know slave owners in the UK were connected?

I know the person who enslaved my family was from Bolton and had plantations in the Carribbean and the states. You really don't think he wasn't calling all of them that word?

No, because it didn't have the same meaning anywhere but the US.
Kaffir is meaningless here in The States unless you're one of the few that knows where it comes from and what it means.
This type of language doesn't translate too well outside of native borders. This is why a Brit asking for biscuits or a fag in the US ain't getting what he's expecting.
Nigger is distinctly American. It had it's greatest power here. Yes, there were similar words elsewhere, but "nigger" is All-American in context, definition, origin, and use.

No, because it didn't have the same meaning anywhere but the US.
Kaffir is meaningless here in The States unless you're one of the few that knows where it comes from and what it means.
This type of language doesn't translate too well outside of native borders. This is why a Brit asking for biscuits or a fag in the US ain't getting what he's expecting.
Nigger is distinctly American. It had it's greatest power here. Yes, there were similar words elsewhere, but "nigger" is All-American in context, definition, origin, and use.
Lmao I can tell you this it was used. Carribbean soldiers that thought against teh Nazi were called that word windrush generation arriving was confronted with that word.

“If you want a nigger for a neighbour, vote Labour” was doing the rounds in 1962-64" conservative slogan

To this day it's used against us.

What you are doing is Mad ignorant you are acting like they viewed our culture's differently they weren't acknowledging tribes they saw us as black. Savages etc so while you are trying to play identity they just saw people less than human so I can tell you that word was used to cause pain on every black person it wasn't an American exclusive

Because it traveled there recently. I used to visit Toronto an awful lot as a kid. I never once heard anyone call anyone else a "nigger" or "nigga" until the late early 90's.
That is a completely different subject black Brits has always used that word. But most our parents were called that while denied housing work education and standard living conditions like black people everywhere. So it been used as a term of endearment in the UK is and will always be sketchy. I would agree that method of usage gaining popularity is influenced state side. I never use it personally but I ain't here to lecture on that

Reactions: GNS
it's sad cause mofos are really debating ownership of the word "nigga"

truthfully the division is insane when the alternative of unifying together creates the potential for so many opportunities

imagine if black folks in the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe, and Africa really seriously started collaborating

man if you think the world is scared of black power now............imagine a functional worldwide black economy, supported by military elements from black countries

"white supremacy" would just be some bullshit that you could only read in a history book

Lmao I can tell you this it was used. Carribbean soldiers that thought against teh Nazi were called that word windrush generation arriving was confronted with that word.

“If you want a nigger for a neighbour, vote Labour” was doing the rounds in 1962-64" conservative slogan

To this day it's used against us.

What you are doing is Mad ignorant you are acting like they viewed our culture's differently they weren't acknowledging tribes they saw us as black. Savages etc so while you are trying to play identity they just saw people less than human so I can tell you that word was used to cause pain on every black person it wasn't an American exclusive

I’m save you now bro that dude koncept stubborn as hell

Back