Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should 'Non Foundational" Blacks be able to use the N-Word?

Because it traveled there recently. I used to visit Toronto an awful lot as a kid. I never once heard anyone call anyone else a "nigger" or "nigga" until the late early 90's.

Ok... so I've been here for over 35 years but because you were a tourist as a kid you know better than me? What are you talking about.

Don't respond. You ain't talking about shit anyway.

Maaaan when I used to wait for the bus to go school there was an old white woman who used to call me and my siblings nigger all the time. All the time.

It's a connected world mayne white people don't wait to meet African Americans to call them niggers lol what you guys think some devil gon call me nigger then apologise when they hear my accent?

I don't use the word in real life coz I don't wanna but again this is silly and quite revealin'

Lmao I can tell you this it was used. Carribbean soldiers that thought against teh Nazi were called that word windrush generation arriving was confronted with that word.

“If you want a nigger for a neighbour, vote Labour” was doing the rounds in 1962-64" conservative slogan

To this day it's used against us.

What you are doing is Mad ignorant you are acting like they viewed our culture's differently they weren't acknowledging tribes they saw us as black. Savages etc so while you are trying to play identity they just saw people less than human so I can tell you that word was used to cause pain on every black person it wasn't an American exclusive

dawg... Read what you wrote again. You really can't be serious.

The Nazi's came to power when?
That Conservative campaign was when?

They co-opted that from Americans... RECENTLY.
Nigger had already been in use here for a coupla hundred years before the Nazi's were even a thought or that conservative campaign. By the time they used it the term had spread, but that still doesn't negate America as it's starting point.

Ok... so I've been here for over 35 years but because you were a tourist as a kid you know better than me? What are you talking about.

Don't respond. You ain't talking about shit anyway.

Ioonno... My uncle been there longer than you've been alive. He used to complain about "trash American rap" bringing that "ugly word" there when we would visit.

it's sad cause mofos are really debating ownership of the word "nigga"

truthfully the division is insane when the alternative of unifying together creates the potential for so many opportunities

imagine if black folks in the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe, and Africa really seriously started collaborating

man if you think the world is scared of black power now............imagine a functional worldwide black economy, supported by military elements from black countries

"white supremacy" would just be some bullshit that you could only read in a history book

Not ownership

Origin

America is where "nigger" was first used to demean and dehumanize captive Africans. That much really can't be disputed.

But, I think we're all looking at this completely different though. The word did eventually travel out from the US, and racists have used it across the globe as a term for anyone from the African diaspora. This also can't be disputed

Y'all are talking ownership, I'm talking origin.

As I said before, if South Africans were running around calling each other kaffir, and I came there and started doing it as well I wouldn't be surprised if I got checked by a local for letting it fly outta my mouth because their history with the word ain't mine.

Not ownership

Origin

America is where "nigger" was first used to demean and dehumanize captive Africans. That much really can't be disputed.

But, I think we're all looking at this completely different though. The word did eventually travel out from the US, and racists have used it across the globe as a term for anyone from the African diaspora. This also can't be disputed

Y'all are talking ownership, I'm talking origin.

As I said before, if South Africans were running around calling each other kaffir, and I came there and started doing it as well I wouldn't be surprised if I got checked by a local for letting it fly outta my mouth because their history with the word ain't mine.

but you still debating the origin like it really matters

what is the point of "checking" somebody if you don't consider yourself taking some kind of ownership stake in the word?

but you still debating the origin like it really matters

what is the point of "checking" somebody if you don't consider yourself taking some kind of ownership stake in the word?

Because I said when I first started hearing British rappers say it the shit ain't sound right. Y'all took offense to my saying that trying to say the word is used around the globe, other people were slaves, yadda yadda.

That's when it turned into "origin" vs "ownership".

I even clarified in the same post that the shit likely doesn't sit right because I'm trying to stop using the word myself. That shit didn't matter, y'all niggas piled on anyways.

Because I said when I first started hearing British rappers say it the shit ain't sound right. Y'all took offense to my saying that trying to say the word is used around the globe, other people were slaves, yadda yadda.

That's when it turned into "origin" vs "ownership".

I even clarified in the same post that the shit likely doesn't sit right because I'm trying to stop using the word myself. That shit didn't matter, y'all niggas piled on anyways.

I kinda see what you mean in regards to “nigga”. Rappers set the tone for the “nigga” usage as a slang.

“Nigger” on the hand, that disgusting word was always used to label us black people globally for centuries.

Didn't read thru buuuuutttt...soooooooo only AMERICAN blacks can say "nigga"???

Yeah i can tell some of yall aint read history. Lol

truthfully the division is insane when the alternative of unifying together creates the potential for so many opportunities

imagine if black folks in the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe, and Africa really seriously started collaborating

man if you think the world is scared of black power now............imagine a functional worldwide black economy, supported by military elements from black countries

"white supremacy" would just be some bullshit that you could only read in a history book

How fucked must you be to argue about who gets claim to a slur. WTF?

Powerful posting.

I'm going to drink some liquor and respond. Foh with that agent shit. Lol. Ineedpussy. The icers know that I'm black. Live with my mom's and that i live in the hood. Y'all on one

Back