Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should college in the U.S. be free? Should college debt be forgiven?

Like you just made a case why education should be free bro idk how it hurts our society when all these other developed nations do it.

I didn't make a case for shit being free.

If this country decides to make it free I don't have a problem with that. I do have problem with just wiping people debts off their books just fucking cause.

That goes for all industries not just student loans.

I didn't make a case for shit being free.

If this country decides to make it free I don't have a problem with that. I do have problem with just wiping people debts off their books just fucking cause.

That goes for all industries not just student loans.

why tho?

wiping debts off books?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If folks just wiping debt off the books. Do it for everybody no matter where the debt came from one time. After that everybody back on their own with paying it off if they accrue more.

If you are speaking from a personal standpoint I agree. If you are speaking from a legal standpoint you are wrong. Nowhere in the federal constitution does it say people have a right to education. I don't think any state constitution says that either.

Michigan children are guaranteed a free education, but not necessarily a quality one

I guess yall for got about that.

I can say I probably do that sometimes. More than that though as far as loans are concerned coming from not being dirt poor but not really having money either it NEVER made sense for me to take out a loan for huge debt for college when a degree guarantees me absolutely nothing. So I didn't see how it made sense for other people do it either. Then complain about being in debt when we all know there are no guarantees in this life.

Shit like wiping out student debt just seems like another thing folks want to escape responsibility on. Then some of these same people double down on said predatory loans to pay for graduate school like after 4 years you still have no idea of the terms of your loan. Yet these people supposed to be smart and educated yet still ain't learned this shit after 4 years? I'm not buying that.

We all know life ain't fair. People shouldn't be able to sign up for some shit and be like oh this is more than I thought it was complain about it and just get to walk away from it cause it wasn't what they thought or wanted it to be. I'm not even against a reduction of some these peoples student loans but a complete wipe out is some bullshit.

But not lead free water?

:hahaha:

That's trash

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If folks just wiping debt off the books. Do it for everybody no matter where the debt came from one time. After that everybody back on their own with paying it off if they accrue more.

im cool with that too

@AP21 you basically started this thread for me. I still get those abw bucks for a thread going a certain amount of pages?

@AP21 you basically started this thread for me. I still get those abw bucks for a thread going a certain amount of pages?
WHAT BUCKS

Image result for deebo

i think chicity stopped doing that but i'll give you a mil for the thread

i think chicity stopped doing that but i'll give you a mil for the thread

It's all good just asking cause it's something I remembered. Ain't going to do nothing with it except some degenerate shit like bet it in the boxing thread

It's all good just asking cause it's something I remembered. Ain't going to do nothing with it except some degenerate shit like bet it in the boxing thread
what you do with ya ABW bucks is ya business lol

i sent it tho

College is a scam and they should never been allowed to sign 18 year olds for loans no matter what. Loan Forgivness should be mandated for the same reason they did the economy bail out for the auto industry.

Incoming rant that may or may not apply to the thread premise but fuck it.

You gotta think why going the military route...essentially selling yourself to the govt, is the only way to go to college for free now.

You gotta think how athletics is the main way these schools make their money, yet they fought tooth and nail to make sure them athletes never saw a piece of it and punished em if they did.

You gotta think how it takes 8 yrs of college to be a lawyer but 6 months of training with no degree to be a cop aka law enforcement. You gotta think why you can buy stock in a prison but not in a school.

College should be free or close to it and the fact that they steady keeping it from you and making it unattainable should clue folk in on the value of it. Not that everybody should go cuz it's not for everybody, but when even rich ppl are breaking the rules to get their kids in, that should tell you something.

FACTS!

I miss this thread. As I said on the Eye See years ago, I love college threads. College should be affordable and these are discussion that should become a norm in our community. A lot of my peoples aren't aware of the pitfalls of college until years later. I remember my brother-in-law once told me that a business degree was worthless and if he would've known firsthand by his peoples then he wouldn't have had majored in that field and at least took his loan and used it for engineering or a medical field.

I miss this thread. As I said on the Eye See years ago, I love college threads. College should be affordable and these are discussion that should become a norm in our community. A lot of my peoples aren't aware of the pitfalls of college until years later. I remember my brother-in-law once told me that a business degree was worthless and if he would've known firsthand by his peoples then he wouldn't have had majored in that field and at least took his loan and used it for engineering or a medical field.

When I started college in '90 business degrees were the hot shit. Everybody and their momma was going for business... And that's exactly the problem; too many people went for business, got the degree, then had to compete with one another for those jobs. One of my boys in college got his degree and the last time I saw him he was some sort of district manager for 7-11, going from store to store straightening displays and correcting the way staff operated the stores. He told me he was making $48k a year and at that moment I realized the degree he worked for was pretty useless if you ain't even hittin' a g a week off of it.

Nobody is forced to take out a loan for school. If you can't afford XYZ university, start somewhere smaller (i.e. a community college) and stack your paper until you can afford it. That has always been an option.
I tell ppl this all the time because I did it. But here's the scam part of it.

I went to community college first then transferred to a state school. Went to both tuition free cuz my parents were veterans. But you still have school fees and books to cover that ain't free. At the community college I went to, shit wasn't that expensive at first so I could handle all that out of pocket with no financial aid. But a few semesters in them niggas (the school) started realizing how much of a fuckin racket textbooks are. So what did they do? Teachers started writing their own books that came like this

0*Q0aMD84NFQc0E5eN.jpg

specifically so you couldnt pass it on to somebody next semester. It's paper with no cover so of course you done wrote all over it, pages got ripped, folded whatever else.

Then these textbook companies started publishing "new" editions every year of the same textbook and of course teachers would assign the latest edition every year. You had to get the new edition because it has an "access code" that you would have to log into to do assignments and the old editions expired. when 1 person used it, it couldnt be re-accessed. Brand new textbooks by themselves are 1-200 apiece. That was just at my community college.

I go to the state school and it's the same shit so I was prepared for it. But what happened was, they increased the campus fees every semester. First semester I went there I paid like 400 something just in fees alone. Add a couple hundred more for books. When I stopped going I was paying like 1500 for all of that. Then theres parking passes and shit that got increased regularly that was a couple hundred a pop every few months as well. All that had to come outa pocket.

If I was getting fucked in fees for shit I wasnt even using cuz I didnt live on campus, I cant imagine how shit is for someone that had to pay tuition on top of that.

It's really not as easy starting small anymore. It's bullshit all the way around.

Back