Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should college in the U.S. be free? Should college debt be forgiven?

When I started college in '90 business degrees were the hot shit. Everybody and their momma was going for business... And that's exactly the problem; too many people went for business, got the degree, then had to compete with one another for those jobs. One of my boys in college got his degree and the last time I saw him he was some sort of district manager for 7-11, going from store to store straightening displays and correcting the way staff operated the stores. He told me he was making $48k a year and at that moment I realized the degree he worked for was pretty useless if you ain't even hittin' a g a week off of it.

Yeah they are pretty useless. I have an associates in business, but I only have it from default. My brother in law has an bachelor's degree in business and only a manager at Sherwin-Williams.

By time, my brother-in-law told me that they were worthless then I was arriving to my last semester before graduation. I got my understandings about college from threads from the Eye See. It's crazy that's the way I got the lesson from it. Although, I might go back for another field but I'm now well aware the system now. If I had the guidance about college beforehand, then it would've saved me the time and money.

I tell ppl this all the time because I did it. But here's the scam part of it.

I went to community college first then transferred to a state school. Went to both tuition free cuz my parents were veterans. But you still have school fees and books to cover that ain't free. At the community college I went to, shit wasn't that expensive at first so I could handle all that out of pocket with no financial aid. But a few semesters in them niggas (the school) started realizing how much of a fuckin racket textbooks are. So what did they do? Teachers started writing their own books that came like this

0*Q0aMD84NFQc0E5eN.jpg

specifically so you couldnt pass it on to somebody next semester. It's paper with no cover so of course you done wrote all over it, pages got ripped, folded whatever else.

Then these textbook companies started publishing "new" editions every year of the same textbook and of course teachers would assign the latest edition every year. You had to get the new edition because it has an "access code" that you would have to log into to do assignments and the old editions expired. when 1 person used it, it couldnt be re-accessed. Brand new textbooks by themselves are 1-200 apiece. That was just at my community college.

I go to the state school and it's the same shit so I was prepared for it. But what happened was, they increased the campus fees every semester. First semester I went there I paid like 400 something just in fees alone. Add a couple hundred more for books. When I stopped going I was paying like 1500 for all of that. Then theres parking passes and shit that got increased regularly that was a couple hundred a pop every few months as well. All that had to come outa pocket.

If I was getting fucked in fees for shit I wasnt even using cuz I didnt live on campus, I cant imagine how shit is for someone that had to pay tuition on top of that.

It's really not as easy starting small anymore. It's bullshit all the way around.

Damn. Im getting ptsd just remembering all that.

Great points.

if we can spend literally trillions of dollars for an army who hasnt gone to war since desert storm, you can not only forgive college debt but make it free and more accessible moving forward
The army is needed to protect our way of life

The army is needed to protect our way of life
the people that are actual a threat to this country don't live overseas brah

where's the army to fight angry entitled white men?

that shit don't cost trillions of dollars

but let's keep stocking up for a war against a country/nation that doesn't even have proper non contaminated drinking water

before it's all said and done, you gonna be a premiere poster on this site after I whip you into shape

and why you responding to me, when was the last time Switzerland went to war?

and why you responding to me, when was the last time Switzerland went to war?
Niggas ain't coming thru here.

Shit is a legit fortress.
And damn near everyone has a gun an is trained to use it.

They got gun day camps to teach kids to shoot.

I'm still American, hoe

Niggas ain't coming thru here.

Shit is a legit fortress.
And damn near everyone has a gun an is trained to use it.

They got gun day camps to teach kids to shoot.

I'm still American, hoe
you're an american when it's convenient for you to be

My skin is black and my passport is blue....I don't have many choices
the fact you can hop time zones at your leisure with your blue passport says to me, you have an abundance of choices

you gonna keep trying this with me huh?

the fact you can hop time zones at your leisure with your blue passport says to me, you have an abundance of choices

you gonna keep trying this with me huh?
An thats due to me being American.

Not sure where you going with this.

What you saying?

I tell ppl this all the time because I did it. But here's the scam part of it.

I went to community college first then transferred to a state school. Went to both tuition free cuz my parents were veterans. But you still have school fees and books to cover that ain't free. At the community college I went to, shit wasn't that expensive at first so I could handle all that out of pocket with no financial aid. But a few semesters in them niggas (the school) started realizing how much of a fuckin racket textbooks are. So what did they do? Teachers started writing their own books that came like this

0*Q0aMD84NFQc0E5eN.jpg

specifically so you couldnt pass it on to somebody next semester. It's paper with no cover so of course you done wrote all over it, pages got ripped, folded whatever else.

Then these textbook companies started publishing "new" editions every year of the same textbook and of course teachers would assign the latest edition every year. You had to get the new edition because it has an "access code" that you would have to log into to do assignments and the old editions expired. when 1 person used it, it couldnt be re-accessed. Brand new textbooks by themselves are 1-200 apiece. That was just at my community college.

I go to the state school and it's the same shit so I was prepared for it. But what happened was, they increased the campus fees every semester. First semester I went there I paid like 400 something just in fees alone. Add a couple hundred more for books. When I stopped going I was paying like 1500 for all of that. Then theres parking passes and shit that got increased regularly that was a couple hundred a pop every few months as well. All that had to come outa pocket.

If I was getting fucked in fees for shit I wasnt even using cuz I didnt live on campus, I cant imagine how shit is for someone that had to pay tuition on top of that.

It's really not as easy starting small anymore. It's bullshit all the way around.

Thats not a reason the government should pay for free tuition though.

That shit would still go on (hell even moreso)...taxpayers are just going to get the bill.

Thats why i mentioned regulation on rising prices if colleges do go tuition free or become heavily reduced. Students should also work/volunteer at schools keep prices down as well if they're not already doing it on the outside. College aged kids are working 12 hour days in the military or if they're employed full time. It can be done.

Back