Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should college in the U.S. be free? Should college debt be forgiven?

Shit is stupid as fuck.

I fully support the rich in saying fuck Bernie and fuck taxes and all that. Everyone should be trying to get the max from their situation.

And in that same token, if a mfer says hes gonna tax the rich, which wont effect you, and give you free schooling, which benefits you, you should support that mfer.

Instead, there are millions of people who are poor supporting the rich keeping their money.

Shit is illogical as fuck and like you said its all built on this scam that we are taught. "If you work hard you can have billions too"

All the while a mfer is working 3 jobs just to get by and the billionaire is on an island sleeping till noon.

We got some of them in here. "I worked hard to make it and so can everyone else.", not realizing it shoulda never been that hard to begin with.

Thank you. CEOs don’t take drug tests. The people 7 levels under him do tho

Having to research how to get a affordable college is hard?

Shit is simple as fuck.

Y’all do know it’s possible to work and go to school?
The cost of living is outpacing wages so even if you was able to find an affordable college you are still behind the 8 ball trying to find a place that's safe with affordable living

as a Black woman, I am completely over being uncomfortable in this life. I want better. I want folxs to demand better. Its 2020 for fucks sakes. all these systems should overhauled.

As a Black and Native man so am I, but even I recognize that sometimes you have to be uncomfortable in order to create change in your life.

I’m at the hospital right now lol and I agree but once again it’s the system we have today so we gotta deal w it....vote for Bernie and maybe we won’t but until then .... this where we are w it

Maybe we gotta make shit fair
[/QUOTE]
What are u doing about it?

The thing is most of us went through and excelled in this system.....It’s not as if we knew about the system and refused to partake in it .....u partook In it and excelled in it....now do something to change the system .... me and my niggas Are backing some brothers running for some state representative seats right now

The thing is most of us went through and excelled in this system.....It’s not as if we knew about the system and refused to partake in it .....u partook In it and excelled in it....now do something to change the system .... me and my niggas Are backing some brothers running for some state representative seats right now

you new Blacks make my skin crawl

you new Blacks make my skin crawl
Did u not type that u went to Temple? Either u paid for it or u took out loans or received scholarships or grants right.... meaning as much as ur complaining about the system u partook in it anyway What are you doing to change ur conditions?

Nah see school is free for everyone in most developed nations. Im sure you know but ill break it down a bit for others.

In most countries, you cant just go to school for whatever you want. Certain schools offer certain degrees and careers, and the only way to get into them is to score high as fuck on profeciancy tests.

So basically, the acceptance rate to be a doctor might be 2,000 points. The only people that can go to school to be a doctor are people that get a minimum of 2k points. And then the best med schools might require you to score 2,500, and if you do, you're in the top school to be a doctor, for free.

This type of system also helps the economy grow. Lets say theres a shortage of programmers. That year schools will decrease the points needed to get into IT programs and that way more programmers will be introduced into the work force.

On the flip side, if there are too many psychologist degree having people and not enough jobs, for a few years the points to get into a psychology degree will be higher than becoming a doctor even though schooling to be a doctor is tons more difficult.

Buuuut lets not demand this from the biggest economy in the world and instead work 60 hours a week and eat nothing but ramen noodles while taking 12 twelve credits. Shits hilarious.

I would only be for this if there was some type of cost control put on universities and colleges...

If you think tuition is outta control now, wait until govt foots the bill...and those taxes are gonna come to us eventually.

Also there needs to be some revenue sharing with the attendees...schools need some profit motive to be more effective and students need some financial responsibility for their education.

Incoming rant that may or may not apply to the thread premise but fuck it.

You gotta think why going the military route...essentially selling yourself to the govt, is the only way to go to college for free now.

You gotta think how athletics is the main way these schools make their money, yet they fought tooth and nail to make sure them athletes never saw a piece of it and punished em if they did.

You gotta think how it takes 8 yrs of college to be a lawyer but 6 months of training with no degree to be a cop aka law enforcement. You gotta think why you can buy stock in a prison but not in a school.

College should be free or close to it and the fact that they steady keeping it from you and making it unattainable should clue folk in on the value of it. Not that everybody should go cuz it's not for everybody, but when even rich ppl are breaking the rules to get their kids in, that should tell you something.

Incoming rant that may or may not apply to the thread premise but fuck it.

You gotta think why going the military route...essentially selling yourself to the govt, is the only way to go to college for free now.

You gotta think how athletics is the main way these schools make their money, yet they fought tooth and nail to make sure them athletes never saw a piece of it and punished em if they did.

You gotta think how it takes 8 yrs of college to be a lawyer but 6 months of training with no degree to be a cop aka law enforcement. You gotta think why you can buy stock in a prison but not in a school.

College should be free or close to it and the fact that they steady keeping it from you and making it unattainable should clue folk in on the value of it. Not that everybody should go cuz it's not for everybody, but when even rich ppl are breaking the rules to get their kids in, that should tell you something.

MixedBlaringHornedviper-size_restricted (1).gif

Facts. Big facts.

Also, @DMorgan and @konceptjones

Bruh, read up on the pscyhology of a person with above averate intelligence.

Usually a person thats smart doesnt realize their smart and expects everyone around them to be just as capable as they are.

So just cause your smart and avoided common pitfalls its unfair to expect that from the general population.

Like yo not to show off but im literally the smartest person in any room i walk into and all my life i never understood how people couldnt just do the shit I do. I would do something, suceed and tell everyone to do it too and be confused as fuck when they said it was too hard.

Thats when I realized as a person with above average intellect its unfair to expect mfers to process shit like i do.

And i dont agree with everything yall say but both of yall are clearly smart people and whenever these types of threads pop up yall come out and say how yall didnt fall for the trick or how so and so didnt make a mistake and i think yall doing the same mistake i was and looking at situations based off how yall would handle it and not how an average mfer will handle it and these laws and protections are put in place to protect the common man cause some asshole thats a bit smarter will take advantage of them to their detriment.

I can say I probably do that sometimes. More than that though as far as loans are concerned coming from not being dirt poor but not really having money either it NEVER made sense for me to take out a loan for huge debt for college when a degree guarantees me absolutely nothing. So I didn't see how it made sense for other people do it either. Then complain about being in debt when we all know there are no guarantees in this life.

Shit like wiping out student debt just seems like another thing folks want to escape responsibility on. Then some of these same people double down on said predatory loans to pay for graduate school like after 4 years you still have no idea of the terms of your loan. Yet these people supposed to be smart and educated yet still ain't learned this shit after 4 years? I'm not buying that.

We all know life ain't fair. People shouldn't be able to sign up for some shit and be like oh this is more than I thought it was complain about it and just get to walk away from it cause it wasn't what they thought or wanted it to be. I'm not even against a reduction of some these peoples student loans but a complete wipe out is some bullshit.

Last edited:
lol can’t apply that logic to buying a house or car.

I voluntarily sign for a mortgage

I voluntarily sign for a car not

I volunatrily sign for a student loan

But according to your logic people can only complain about 1 of them and get it wiped off the books because the gov't has the money to do so.

FOH with your so called logic

Teachers need degrees as well tho I get it the blue collar jobs make money and it’s a lot of folks who don’t need degrees. But owning a business with no schooling at all seems crazy

Yet its done everyday. Yet the internet has tons of free shit to help people learn how to run a business. Yet people work jobs for years learn the tricks of the whatever trade and branch out on their own and do for self.

Damn that does not seem crazy to me at all.

I’m surprised nobody said
I voluntarily sign for a mortgage

I voluntarily sign for a car not

I volunatrily sign for a student loan

But according to your logic people can only complain about 1 of them and get it wiped off the books because the gov't has the money to do so.

FOH with your so called logic

That’s your opinion and you have a right to it

Yet its done everyday. Yet the internet has tons of free shit to help people learn how to run a business. Yet people work jobs for years learn the tricks of the whatever trade and branch out on their own and do for self.

Damn that does not seem crazy to me at all.

so they can learn something for free that helps them? So how is that a bad thing? So what’s the problem lol

Like you just made a case why education should be free bro idk how it hurts our society when all these other developed nations do it.

so they can learn something for free that helps them? So how is that a bad thing? So what’s the problem lol

Yes, it plenty to learn for free the difference is they didn't sign a piece of paper saying what they learning costs one thing then later on down like oh it cost too much to pay this shit off wipe it off the books.

Back