Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should college in the U.S. be free? Should college debt be forgiven?

School is affordable

Anybody say otherwise is lying.

Folks wanna go from Dallas Tx to New York and shit be free. Naw. Go your ass to the CC in your city for two years and if you want transfer to the University in you City/State if need be for your field

School is affordable

Folks wanna go from Dallas Tx to New York and shit be free. Naw. Go your ass to the CC in your city for two years and if you want transfer to the University in you City/State if need be for your field

I just looked up in-state tuition for UNLV. Shit is $2796 for 12 credits, not including the student services fee, which is only $2.50 per credit. Figure about $500-$600 for books per semester and you're good if you living with the folks or tack on some extra money for living expenses if you coming out here from another city in the state.

That's 100% doable for a student working and going to school.

Obviously that ain't gonna be the same across the board. U of M charges nearly three times as much per credit hour in-state, but EMU is right down the road and there's a grip of other universities in-state that are much cheaper. Purdue charges about half as much as U of M, and we won't even get into Ivy League schools 'cause the shit is astronomical. But the bottom line is that if you really wanted to do it without taking out a loan, you can if you're willing to work for it.

I just looked up in-state tuition for UNLV. Shit is $2796 for 12 credits, not including the student services fee, which is only $2.50 per credit. Figure about $500-$600 for books per semester and you're good if you living with the folks or tack on some extra money for living expenses if you coming out here from another city in the state.

That's 100% doable for a student working and going to school.

Obviously that ain't gonna be the same across the board. U of M charges nearly three times as much per credit hour in-state, but EMU is right down the road and there's a grip of other universities in-state that are much cheaper. Purdue charges about half as much as U of M, and we won't even get into Ivy League schools 'cause the shit is astronomical. But the bottom line is that if you really wanted to do it without taking out a loan, you can if you're willing to work for it.

Its not hard at all.

I said in the rolex vs property thread

Roll you damn sleeves up and get to work.

Im tired of lazy muthafuckas

Fuck no College shouldnt be free, bit cheaper but def not free.

Its affordable if you play your cards right and not trying to be out here getting into the biggest college.

Fuck no College shouldnt be free, bit cheaper but def not free.

Its affordable if you play your cards right and not trying to be out here getting into the biggest college.

Everyone going to college or university should be aiming to be the best and all colleges and universities should be trying to get you there...

Shit is literally a money suck and motherfuckers just there cause their parents said so or so they can put it in a resume. That's wack.

This current system is not sustainable it should be affordable for the average American.

When you really get down to the numbers, its affordable in most places. Community college is always an option but one that people like to look down on for some reason.

When you really get down to the numbers, its affordable in most places. Community college is always an option but one that people like to look down on for some reason.
Most community colleges only get you an associate's, these blood sucking companies asking for at best bachelor's.

Even tho, at the end of the day, they're hiring associates candidates, its just the nerve to ask for 4 years of college and experience with entry level jobs that have the work load of non entry level jobs

Also, @DMorgan and @konceptjones

Bruh, read up on the pscyhology of a person with above averate intelligence.

Usually a person thats smart doesnt realize their smart and expects everyone around them to be just as capable as they are.

So just cause your smart and avoided common pitfalls its unfair to expect that from the general population.

Like yo not to show off but im literally the smartest person in any room i walk into and all my life i never understood how people couldnt just do the shit I do. I would do something, suceed and tell everyone to do it too and be confused as fuck when they said it was too hard.

Thats when I realized as a person with above average intellect its unfair to expect mfers to process shit like i do.

And i dont agree with everything yall say but both of yall are clearly smart people and whenever these types of threads pop up yall come out and say how yall didnt fall for the trick or how so and so didnt make a mistake and i think yall doing the same mistake i was and looking at situations based off how yall would handle it and not how an average mfer will handle it and these laws and protections are put in place to protect the common man cause some asshole thats a bit smarter will take advantage of them to their detriment.

While all of this is true, the average 18 year old trying to make a decision on college isn't typically given this much information or knows how to process making a life changing decision at 18, also another reason those loans are fucked up, so while it's easy to write all this out looking back on it as a full adult...if you were to have a 17/18 year old to try and process all this and make a decision it's a good chance they won't fully grasp the full totality of it regardless of which they end up choosing. Which is why you can't fault some for 'falling for the dream" of what people are sold of the benefits of going to college.

People really in here acting like community colleges have always been credible and viable options like they weren't looked down upon and you still ended up needing a bachelor's or a combination of associate's and real work experience

The CC here in BR was established in 1995.

I graduated high school in 01. At that time, the only options told to me were LSU and southern.

After talking to some other kids, two more became an option, Southeastern and University of New Orleans.

I remember even then you had to have a bachelor's to get an interview with most jobs

CC in recent years have become a viable option and if you can properly plan accordingly to have that be your starting point and flipping that into other things then awesome

But y'all up in here trying to take some small ass samples and projecting them over millions of people who've taken out loans just not realistic and not adding anything productive to the conversation

Universities out here letting credit card companies post up on campus to get kids to sign up for credit cards for free t shirts and sunglasses

But let's keep blaming people for taking out loans

This what we doing?

School is affordable

How tf is school affordable? honestly you say the dumbest shit alive. there has been proof, countless proof that school isnt affordable. when you factor in books, computers, tution, etc the shit adds up

How tf is school affordable? honestly you say the dumbest shit alive. there has been proof, countless proof that school isnt affordable. when you factor in books, computers, school supplies, etc the shit adds up

Super hostile for absolutely no reason. Lol.

How tf is school affordable? honestly you say the dumbest shit alive. there has been proof, countless proof that school isnt affordable. when you factor in books, computers, tution, etc the shit adds up

In Texas it’s affordable if you’re from here.

Same for Louisiana
Same for Florida

I can name a bunch of other states too.
You don’t need to go USC or Notre Dame to get a degree.

Get to fucking work

Fuck outta here

People really in here acting like community colleges have always been credible and viable options like they weren't looked down upon and you still ended up needing a bachelor's or a combination of associate's and real work experience

The CC here in BR was established in 1995.

I graduated high school in 01. At that time, the only options told to me were LSU and southern.

After talking to some other kids, two more became an option, Southeastern and University of New Orleans.

I remember even then you had to have a bachelor's to get an interview with most jobs

CC in recent years have become a viable option and if you can properly plan accordingly to have that be your starting point and flipping that into other things then awesome

But y'all up in here trying to take some small ass samples and projecting them over millions of people who've taken out loans just not realistic and not adding anything productive to the conversation

bruh... That's literally what I said. Start small at a CC taking classes that will transfer, save your money, and go to a university when the time comes.

At the same time some, not all, but some CC's have viable associates programs that can get you a decent paying job out the gate. I don't know what field you're in that required a bachelors just to get an interview, but that's some bullshit.

Last edited:
In Texas it’s affordable if you’re from here.

Same for Louisiana
Same for Florida

I can name a bunch of other states too.
You don’t need to go USC or Notre Dame to get a degree.

Get to fucking work

Fuck outta here

state schools arent affordable for ppl that even live there Thor. WHATS NOT CONNECTING? thats why student loan debt is at a all time high.

you think everyone chooses an out of state school? lmao

Back