Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should college in the U.S. be free? Should college debt be forgiven?

I don't need the invitation.

I know a 25 year old with no college education who has a house, kid and drives a porche panamera doing HVAC work. I know electricians, mechanics and others with trades that make great money and none of them have college educations.

People have to get off that college education is the only way to make real money, livable wage bullshit. It's not fucking true.

Too many folks want office jobs to make that money. So that job sector is over crowded with people of similar skills and education levels. Ain't enough high paying office jobs for all those people in debt with college degrees. The herd is getting thinned and people want to complain cause they didn't see the whole board.

Some people just need to own up to the the fact that they made the wrong choice.
How did they get trade jobs with no degrees or certs?

I know a 25 year old with no college education who has a house, kid and drives a porche panamera doing HVAC work. I know electricians, mechanics and others with trades that make great money and none of them have college educations.

People have to get off that college education is the only way to make real money, livable wage bullshit. It's not fucking true.

Too many folks want office jobs to make that money. So that job sector is over crowded with people of similar skills and education levels. Ain't enough high paying office jobs for all those people in debt with college degrees. The herd is getting thinned and people want to complain cause they didn't see the whole board.

Some people just need to own up to the the fact that they made the wrong choice.
bruh

Fuck it just make everything free then. Why should I have to pay for my home mortgage or car note since the gov't can just come up with the money?
so, how come other developed nations offer free college but not the U.S.?

So the banks and auto industry, both privately owned entities get millions of dollars in bailout money b/c they were mismanaging funds can happen, but the line is drawn at forgiving college debt and making it free?

How did they get trade jobs with no degrees or certs?

By applying going through the phases of those jobs. The tests they take to move up is based on job experience.

The 25 year old came in with all that knowledge cause his peoples did that work and took him to work with him as a kid and on the weekends for side jobs So he actually knew all that he needed to pass the test for something like a masterclass 3 tech years before he took the test because of all the work in the field he had been done.

I keep telling you all good paying jobs don't require a college degree.

so, how come other developed nations offer free college but not the U.S.?

So the banks and auto industry, both privately owned entities get millions of dollars in bailout money b/c they were mismanaging funds can happen, but the line is drawn at forgiving college debt and making it free?

I just said I'm against it. Those other nations and how they handle college ain't my tax dollars. If they wiping out debt. Wipe out my mortgage. I didn't get into a huge college debt so mine is paid off.

You got me all the way wrong. I was 100% against the bank and auto industry bailouts.

So what else you got?

By applying going through the phases of those jobs. The tests they take to move up is based on job experience.

The 25 year old came in with all that knowledge cause his peoples did that work and took him to work with him as a kid and on the weekends for side jobs So he actually knew all that he needed to pass the test for something like a masterclass 3 tech years before he took the test because of all the work in the field he had been done.

I keep telling you all good paying jobs don't require a college degree.

If u look at my earlier point I stated outside nepotism there arent many options

I just said I'm against it. Those other nations and how they handle college ain't my tax dollars. If they wiping out debt. Wipe out my mortgage. I didn't get into a huge college debt so mine is paid off.

You got me all the way wrong. I was 100% against the bank and auto industry bailouts.

So what else you got?
so you feel some type of way because your debt is paid off but others would essentially get bailed out?

do you believe in inflation?

so you feel some type of way because your debt is paid off but others would essentially get bailed out?

do you believe in inflation?

I just feel like the debt folks are accruing is a choice. Deal with your choices.

Theres ups and there is usps, they co exist cause not everyone can afford the other. There has to be an affordable option for those not as fortunate. That's what living in a productive society requires.

I just feel like the debt folks are accruing is a choice. Deal with your choices.

ok, i will agree, that a few good paying jobs do not require a college degree, but not everybody can be plumbers, electricians, etc...

just like i dont subscribe to everyone should be a business owners. If everyone owns a business, who you gonna sell to?

Education, by and large has drifted away from, what i feel are the fundamental principles of educating people...young people specifically. It has morphed into a very ugly for profit business model.

With that comes a price. At some point, there needed to be a way to separate people. Not everyone was gonna go work in the old town factory. Those jobs started being taken overseas or run by machines. Who programs the machines? People that go to college.

But what starts happening once that field becomes to competitive? They start raising the requirements so now you gotta go back to school.

My job in state govt at one point used to give raises to people who went and got a second degree if the field was related to the work you do. They put a stop to that shortly after Jindal took office b/c a lot of people took advantage of the opportunity. They even offered tuition reimbursement as well.

I say all that to say, we as a nation as a whole have the priorities fucked all the way up. Education and Healthcare should be at the top but are often on the chopping block when it comes to what the govt places as a priority.

Im not saying we shouldn't have some type of military, but got damn, the only people who benefit from it are the privately run companies that supply the govt with the toys and shit they play with to needlessly attack people across the globe. How is that "right".

My nigga woke up in his bag.

The housing and small business crisis was not a crisis, it was a correction of people who had no business owning a business or owning a home.

But you can do well in life not owning a home or a business. A higher education tho..u better have a lot of shit fall in ur favor to do without and do well

ok, i will agree, that a few good paying jobs do not require a college degree, but not everybody can be plumbers, electricians, etc...

just like i dont subscribe to everyone should be a business owners. If everyone owns a business, who you gonna sell to?

Education, by and large has drifted away from, what i feel are the fundamental principles of educating people...young people specifically. It has morphed into a very ugly for profit business model.

With that comes a price. At some point, there needed to be a way to separate people. Not everyone was gonna go work in the old town factory. Those jobs started being taken overseas or run by machines. Who programs the machines? People that go to college.

But what starts happening once that field becomes to competitive? They start raising the requirements so now you gotta go back to school.

My job in state govt at one point used to give raises to people who went and got a second degree if the field was related to the work you do. They put a stop to that shortly after Jindal took office b/c a lot of people took advantage of the opportunity. They even offered tuition reimbursement as well.

I say all that to say, we as a nation as a whole have the priorities fucked all the way up. Education and Healthcare should be at the top but are often on the chopping block when it comes to what the govt places as a priority.

Im not saying we shouldn't have some type of military, but got damn, the only people who benefit from it are the privately run companies that supply the govt with the toys and shit they play with to needlessly attack people across the globe. How is that "right".

I agree that shit ain't right.

I don't agree with the high price of college tuition. It should be much lower. Just because it costs that much and a person chooses to go doesn't mean that debt they signed up for to be so called "educated" should be wiped out.

It has morphed into what this country is all about CAPITALISM.

Since the day I've read it I've 100% believed it "Capitalism contains the seeds of its own destruction". We can't keep bailing out people who destroy themselves if we are going to be a capitalist country. That goes for big business and banks as well.

I've always found it crazy the people will come here with full doctorates and PhD's from their native countries and end up driving taxis, cooking in kitchens, doing security a d shit. Fucked all the way up. Had a Lebanese dude working for me and fam was a whole doctor back home. But he's here trying to make his dream work.

That's the biggest thing for me. The world needs better healthcare and education. A universally free education goes toward helping that imo.

Only problem is North America has made wanting to be in healthcare and education more about the money and prestige as opposed to just making the world a better place.

It should be free... once the government started subsidizing student loans is when the bubble started growing out of control...they are basically subsidizing debt, then Bush made it almost impossible to discharge in bankruptcy....its a trap.

Also, Trumps next proposed budget will eliminate the public service forgiveness program and cut the education budget again. A lot of kids aren't even being taught shop or music or other skills in school that will set them up for viable options other than college.

Back