Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Black Entertainers Defer To Black Activists On Black Topics

I'm not saying they should shut up and do their job. I'm saying they should know & acknowledge their limitations on a specific subject and dont just pretend to know it all and wanna appoint themselves as leaders for good optics. It not hard to speak on shit you know & stfu on shit you dont know.

But my main issue is the ones who are only with a cause if theres no static. Dont fake support some shit then back down and issue ans 10 seconds later, issuse an apology cuz you made some people uncomfortable and may lose a few dollars. That shows you didnt feel strong enough about the subject to even comment, so why even say anything in the first place?

For many topics yes. We gotta remember rich and famous don’t equal smart. Boosie say dumb shit often. But also if you’re not equipped you should say that so you don’t get asked about blm and shit like that.

I'm not saying they should shut up and do their job. I'm saying they should know & acknowledge their limitations on a specific subject and dont just pretend to know it all and wanna appoint themselves as leaders for good optics. It not hard to speak on shit you know & stfu on shit you dont know.

But my main issue is the ones who are only with a cause if theres no static. Dont fake support some shit then back down and issue ans 10 seconds later, issuse an apology cuz you made some people uncomfortable and may lose a few dollars. That shows you didnt feel strong enough about the subject to even comment, so why even say anything in the first place?

Can you name a black entertainer than tries to speak with authority on a subject but doesn't know what he/she is talking about? This is an honest question because most of the comments hear are general and safe shit that everyone should be able to say.

yup-you.jpg

He ain't an entertainer, but he has been on some bullshit with some of the stuff he's been saying lately.

T.I
Killer Mike
DL Hughley
Hell ice cube

all these niggas can shut tf up for life if they are not going to do the proper research

You just calling names now. DL Hughley has written like two books on social shit, and both were sourced, so you can't claim he hasn't done research.

yup-you.jpg

He ain't an entertainer, but he has been on some bullshit with some of the stuff he's been saying lately.

You just calling names now. DL Hughley has written like two books on social shit, and both were sourced, so you can't claim he hasn't done research.

lmaooooooooooo who cares if he can write a book

he still doesnt no jack shit about organizing and how to really lead a movement

Basically but when folks choose to be willfully ignorant the context of statements will be ignored for the false narrative

For many topics yes. We gotta remember rich and famous don’t equal smart. Boosie say dumb shit often. But also if you’re not equipped you should say that so you don’t get asked about blm and shit like that.
[/QUOTE
What happens when you talk about stuff that you fully aware on? People look at you crazy. All our lives we are taught that. Why does it not apply here?

Who are you to say about their knowledge on something?

Why you feel the need to post in threads you don’t have absolute knowledge on?

What we doing here yall

how are yall expecting the Black elite to be in touch with everyday Black folks? lmaooo like why r yall niggas giving millionaires and billionaires leeway to speak on our liveable experiences???

most are completely out of touch and any revolutionary talk always doubles back to voting.

Back