Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Remedy Vs ChiCity

Who Won?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The prison topic is a separate one and can be it's own debate topic, but prisons really doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Whether the parent is fined, does community service or w.e other consequence, should the parent be held responsible or not.

well I didn't see that clearly stated

imo traditional prisons provoke more violence than they prevent and are so fundamentally flawed that they cannot be reformed.

that why I feel they should be abolished and replaced by "anti-prisons," that is, locked, secure residential spaces, therapeutic communities, and centers for human development.

prisons as they stand currently only exacerbate the problems in society imo
Damn! That just made me think. I remember watching something. Could’ve been OITNB, when they put someone in solitary confinement, how horrible that must be to be locked in one spot. I can see how people can go bat shit crazy but then I look at the other side like, maybe they deserve to lose their sanity after taking a life.

Damn! That just made me think. I remember watching something. Could’ve been OITNB, when they put someone in solitary confinement, how horrible that must be to be locked in one spot. I can see how people can go bat shit crazy but then I look at the other side like, maybe they deserve to lose their sanity after taking a life.

But it's too faulty ...

like if we can't guarantee the system to work 100% in regards to conviction rates and justifiable imprisonment it needs to go

Kalief Browder spent 400 days in solitary confinement

and now he's dead

As far as the debate goes, they both did good but didn't use the best angles I felt they should've. The angle that Chi should've used he only spent 5% of his posts on, which is the parent liability child's act. Parent's are already held responsible for damages their child does and other things pertaining to money. So it doesn't really make sense to penalize the parents for things their kids do when it's pertaining to money but not when they cause physical harm. I hated the "fear" angle chi used and 90% of his posts was about fear.

I liked Rem's angle about how no matter how good of a job you do as a parent there's really no telling how your kid will turn out. Which was an angle that wasn't really shut down.

Decent debate, I expected better tho. Going with Rem.

I liked Rem's angle about how no matter how good of a job you do as a parent there's really no telling how your kid will turn out. Which was an angle that wasn't really shut down.

This is exactly why I was leaning towards Remedy. Only from personal experience. You got my mom, who has done well for herself. Never been in trouble with the law. Got a PhD and all that. Doesn’t smoke, doesn’t drink. Owns her own businesses. Just an overall upstanding citizen. She raised us well, but we all turned out different. You got me, I’m alright. I’ve never been in trouble with the law. Then you got my brother who is in and out of jail and dealing with other issues. Then you got my little brother who had his phase of doing wrong and is now a year away from his degree. She tells me a lot, she never thought she’d have a son who stays in and out of jail and other stuff. It just shows, you never know.

The prison topic is a separate one and can be it's own debate topic, but prisons really doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Whether the parent is fined, does community service or w.e other consequence, should the parent be held responsible or not.
I think this should have been specified in the OP (just for future references)

I read serve time and tried to shape my narrative around that.

As far as the debate goes, they both did good but didn't use the best angles I felt they should've. The angle that Chi should've used he only spent 5% of his posts on, which is the parent liability child's act. Parent's are already held responsible for damages their child does and other things pertaining to money. So it doesn't really make sense to penalize the parents for things their kids do when it's pertaining to money but not when they cause physical harm. I hated the "fear" angle chi used and 90% of his posts was about fear.

Decent debate, I expected better tho. Going with Rem.
Sessions

This is exactly why I was leaning towards Remedy. Only from personal experience. You got my mom, who has done well for herself. Never been in trouble with the law. Got a PhD and all that. Doesn’t smoke, doesn’t drink. Owns her own businesses. Just an overall upstanding citizen. She raised us well, but we all turned out different. You got me, I’m alright. I’ve never been in trouble with the law. Then you got my brother who is in and out of jail and dealing with other issues. Then you got my little brother who had his phase of doing wrong and is now a year away from his degree. She tells me a lot, she never thought she’d have a son who stays in and out of jail and other stuff. It just shows, you never know.
Devos.....

Do I think my mom should have to pay for what my brother did or does when she’s raised us the right way?

Nah.

16 and younger... I feel that the parent and child should be equally held responsible for the child's actions. Court ordered counseling would be one of my resolutions.

But fuck jail. There's no rehabilitation going on in there. Not to mention the displacement felt while being introduced to society after it.

Both made pretty good points, imo but I voted based on my own personal opinion, not the ones shared.

Great debate though!

Back