Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
Oh so that "being objective" was just bullshit.

Thanks for being you Goldie......
tenor.gif

U quoting my post with a gif doesn’t make your argument any stronger lol

What impact on the culture did they have?

What classic albums do they have that the culture considers a classic?

How do you quantify impact. You are asking for a quick answer to something that’s immeasureable to the general public. That classic gully New York sound that you associate east coast rap history, Mobb Deep played an integral role to that. Infamous is one of the most heralded albums of all time. What are we doing here? Y’all arguing semantics and shit.

As far as “south hate” , yall really blow that shit out of proportion. I fuck with scarface. Me and my friends in 6th grade went and copped Luda’s word of mouf. Andre 3000 is one of the best lyricists to contribute to the game and i would never deny that. Lil Wayne dominated east coast radio. UGK music is some weak shit to me, it aint some civil war conspiracy. Kys

How do you quantify impact. You are asking for a quick answer to something that’s immeasureable to the general public. That classic gully New York sound that you associate east coast rap history, Mobb Deep played an integral role to that. Infamous is one of the most heralded albums of all time. What are we doing here? Y’all arguing semantics and shit.

As far as “south hate” , yall really blow that shit out of proportion. I fuck with scarface. Me and my friends in 6th grade went and copped Luda’s word of mouf. Andre 3000 is one of the best lyricists to contribute to the game and i would never deny that. Lil Wayne dominated east coast radio. UGK music is some weak shit to me, it aint some civil war conspiracy. Kys
@BDP™️ made two dope posts actually touching on the points being made in your post

Beats aren't a big part of anything, it's what you gotta say. Lyrics>>>beats, these southern artists can't "rap" which is why y'all put so much on beats
Beats are universal to when you listen to any genre of music that beat is what pulls you in when you hear the horns at the beginning of a song it gives that stank face and draw's you in

We’re talking about top 5 all time. We have to account everything. The argument for UGK is literally “I like UGK’s music more so they’re better to me”. We’re factoring EVERYTHING, sales, hits, and impact and all of that clearly favors Mobb Deep. All y’all got is y’all opinions b

I don’t get how it be so difficult for niggas.

Clipse is my 3rd “favorite” group/duo behind Kast and Wu. I dig their “music more” than all the others but there are a BUNCH of groups greater. Including these two.

U quoting my post with a gif doesn’t make your argument any stronger lol

What impact on the culture did they have?

What classic albums do they have that the culture considers a classic?

Oh, now you worried bout the culture? LMAO

Who the fuck you think made that google page you so conveniently used, when you thought it helped your argument?

That's who thinks the Beastie Boys have not 1 but 2 hip hop classics. The same one YOU used that said Mobb Deep had one.

Goldie talking bout the culture but a future fan.

A nigga that don’t even say words on tracks just fucking over the culture lol

Oh, now you worried bout the culture? LMAO

Who the fuck you think made that google page you so conveniently used, when you thought it helped your argument?

That's who thinks the Beastie Boys have not 1 but 2 hip hop classics. The same one YOU used that said Mobb Deep had one.

Look at my original post again, I said "ANY" list. Was any Beastie Boys album voted a classic on here?

Back