Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
Really shit, let's talk impact.

I have never before seen a New York artist that came after Mobb Deep, before Prodigys death, say that they are one of there inspirations

Flip that and pretty much every southern artist that came after UGK has said that UGK is a big influence on them.

ScHoolboy Q was raised in Los Angeles and was influenced by Snoop Dogg, but he says that his favorite rappers reside elsewhere.
“I was inspired by a lot of East Coast rappers, from Mobb Deep, Biggie, even 50 Cent,” the Black Hippy member says during an interview with BRealTV. “Nas is my favorite rapper. I also think Jay Z is the best rapper to ever rap, just because he’s at his age and what he’s doing and he still is relevant. He’s been doing it for years and [he’s] consistent. You like his album or not. The people liked it. I didn’t like everything Jay Z did. The majority of the people liked it, so that’s consistency.”

Before it was a source of controversy, GQ's "Rapper Of The Year" cover story on Kendrick Lamar was notable for some of its outtakes, which found the Compton rapper reflecting on four hip-hop acts that influenced him. While most hailed from the West Coast—Tupac, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg—one name stood out: Mobb Deep. "I was a big Prodigy fan at the time," said Lamar in the interview. "So I was really biting his style."

I can keep going but you might get the picture. Lie again

Real talk this has been a entertaining thread.

Glad it was only like 2 people on either side saying Mobb is better cause the South sucks or UGK is better cause fuck NY.

Most of the debate have been about Mobb vs UGK which is dope.

Too bad 50% of all yall who voted UGK are wrong as fuck

Look at my original post again, I said "ANY" list. Was any Beastie Boys album voted a classic on here?

LMAO.

Now it's what got voted on here, when YOU was the that did the goolge search cuz no Mobb Deep album was voted on here. LMAO.

tenor.gif

ScHoolboy Q was raised in Los Angeles and was influenced by Snoop Dogg, but he says that his favorite rappers reside elsewhere.
“I was inspired by a lot of East Coast rappers, from Mobb Deep, Biggie, even 50 Cent,” the Black Hippy member says during an interview with BRealTV. “Nas is my favorite rapper. I also think Jay Z is the best rapper to ever rap, just because he’s at his age and what he’s doing and he still is relevant. He’s been doing it for years and [he’s] consistent. You like his album or not. The people liked it. I didn’t like everything Jay Z did. The majority of the people liked it, so that’s consistency.”

Before it was a source of controversy, GQ's "Rapper Of The Year" cover story on Kendrick Lamar was notable for some of its outtakes, which found the Compton rapper reflecting on four hip-hop acts that influenced him. While most hailed from the West Coast—Tupac, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg—one name stood out: Mobb Deep. "I was a big Prodigy fan at the time," said Lamar in the interview. "So I was really biting his style."

I can keep going but you might get the picture. Lie again
I stand corrected. Good shit

LMAO.

Now it's what got voted on here, when YOU was the that did the goolge search cuz no Mobb Deep album was voted on here. LMAO.

tenor.gif

I see what you're trying to do but I aint gonna let u do it fam lol

Niggas know what it is when white publications try to add beastie boys in these conversations. Have you ever heard any nigga say beastie boys is their favorite rappers? Have u heard any rappers say it who isn't white? Have u heard any rappers say a beastie boy album is their favorite album who isn't white?

Stop playing dumb nigga.

So, the lyrics is what I'm looking for. Just say your region has wack lyricist and keep it moving. In rap these niggas care about everything but the rapping part
you picked the right one today

every region has its share of butt artists, the south not excluded, however, that still dont make your post make any more sense than it originally didnt.

you said that beamer benz and bentley is a good song b/c of the lyrics, but the lie detector determine that was a lie.

But lets go to the tale of the tape

I'm fresh I'm fly, I'm so damn high
More than five hundred horses when I roll by
I'm calm I'm cool, everything brand new
I don't hand cuff you can get the whole damn crew

yeah brah...some real thought provoking lyrics that dont need a beat to appreciate

i know being a contrarian is ya gimmick but it aint working this time pleighboi

I see what you're trying to do but I aint gonna let u do it fam lol

Niggas know what it is when white publications try to add beastie boys in these conversations. Have you ever heard any nigga say beastie boys is their favorite rappers? Have u heard any rappers say it who isn't white? Have u heard any rappers say a beastie boy album is their favorite album who isn't white?

Stop playing dumb nigga.

But wasn't so concerned about any of that shit for Mobb Deep.

Now it's "fuck them white publications" LOL

@Revolver Ocelot this conversation made me realize we need to make our own "50 greatest rap albums" list to be found on google. I'm pretty good with SEO so I should be able to get the list found on the first page when people google it.

Now we just gotta come up with a system on how we can properly rank these albums.

I thought you and 5 Grand was suppose to do something like that?

or was that for songs

Back