Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION rappers need to “check in” if they want to stay alive?

It’s not like all crips stick together lol but I not a gang official but according to an episode of gangland some Hoovers were but did they own thing. But this is like 3rd hand shit based on tv

Benny the Butcher too. Btw idk if he checked in or not. He seem like he would follow street code.

Anyway to any if y'all that was a apart of that street rapper life if y'all wouldn't check in and be food in a foreign city, is robbery and possible death worth it because of y'all pride?

I get how some of you believe in dying for something you believe in, but imo if I'm putting myself in that type of danger it's because of someone threatening my family or me. Any thing else I just NEVER viewed it as serious because I know personally alot of real niggas that got their life fucked for trying to prove to others for their pride over something so minor in detail. Like behind the scenes traditionally no one think you pussy for respecting the OGs in the city you going too.

Y'all ever hear of the Pump C and Master P story??

Eh I'll live to fight another day, network with the big dogs in the city for later down the road connections, and also have security for the most part not worrying about looking over my shoulder.

Not having a fragile ego is a waaay easier life.

Y'all see how big Drake is? Nigga wouldn't be able to have the life and success he has if he didn't check in earlier in his career and shit. But I get it, some folks have personal morals and codes, but my codes is more long term vs smaller situations that can be a lifetime impact.

Drake definitely checks in, some of his relationships are with people who live by those rules.

This shit is so funny cause they trying to make it seem like "checking in" is a good thing. These people ain't checking in with their homie or a person they doing business with. If yall watched the drink champs Big U even said he'll get some body chain back but he don't give no money back. So a person can rob a nigga he acting like he cool with and looking out for but only to a certain extent is he looking out for them.

Big U, Trick Trick and Bimmy know got damn well what checking in really means. If you in jail or prison and check in. That automatically means you're bitch and couldn't survive on the block let alone make out on to the yard. So you asking to be saved and moved to PC when you check in.

If I was ever in that situation I'd take my chances. I ain't checking in with no fuckin body.

Benny the Butcher too. Btw idk if he checked in or not. He seem like he would follow street code.

Anyway to any if y'all that was a apart of that street rapper life if y'all wouldn't check in and be food in a foreign city, is robbery and possible death worth it because of y'all pride?

I get how some of you believe in dying for something you believe in, but imo if I'm putting myself in that type of danger it's because of someone threatening my family or me. Any thing else I just NEVER viewed it as serious because I know personally alot of real niggas that got their life fucked for trying to prove to others for their pride over something so minor in detail. Like behind the scenes traditionally no one think you pussy for respecting the OGs in the city you going too.

Y'all ever hear of the Pump C and Master P story??

You getting shit confused. It ain't no street code to check in.

If you a rapper who rapping about the streets. If you really doing anything you rapping about your life probably already in danger.

LLS at me checking in with some niggas I don't even know and putting my trust in them that they're going to steer me the right way and keep some niggas they really fuck with from harming me. Shit for all any of yall niggas know the nigga you checking in with could be the nigga setting you and all these other rappers up. Cause you giving them all the info on where you going and how many people with you.

Last edited:
Drake definitely checks in, some of his relationships are with people who live by those rules.
That's what I'm saying. Drake will have NEVER been this big, braggadocios, comfortable, etc. If he wasn't checking in with niggas behind the scenes. Dude was a star of the Degrassi, and dude constantly talks about his mob ties and shit all the time. His whole situation with J Prince is from him checking in. You can call it extortion which it is, but the level of freedom and opportunities he is granted would not be there if he was too prideful to not be on that shit. I promise y'all Drake would have not lasted a year when he first started lol.

But dude had long term plans, and can see where he wanted his brand and business to be. Folks be in this for different reasons. If you not having long term plans with this shit of course you no "checking in". This shit is more nuance then what y'all giving it tbh. It's not black or white like most things.

You getting shit confused. It ain't no street code to check in.

If you a rapper who rapping about the streets. If you really doing anything you rapping about your life probably already in danger.

LLS at me checking in with some niggas I don't even know and putting my trust in them that they're going to steer me the right way and keep some niggas they really fuck with from harming me. Shit for all any of yall niggas know the nigga you checking in with could be the nigga setting you and all these other rappers up. Cause you giving them all the info or where you going and how many people with you.
That's a fair point, I was referring to the OGs though. There are ways you can find out who REALLY run shit in a city. That's essential.

Eh I'll live to fight another day, network with the big dogs in the city for later down the road connections, and also have security for the most part not worrying about looking over my shoulder.

Not having a fragile ego is a waaay easier life.

Y'all see how big Drake is? Nigga wouldn't be able to have the life and success he has if he didn't check in earlier in his career and shit. But I get it, some folks have personal morals and codes, but my codes is more long term vs smaller situations that can be a lifetime impact.
Drake only got a career cuz he checked in?? :wtf11:

That's a fair point, I was referring to the OGs though. There are ways you can find out who REALLY run shit in a city. That's essential.

That's the thing though ain't no city where 1 street nigga runs the whole city. Not saying Big U does this just using him as an example.

A rapper checks in with Big U. Big U sets said rapper up to get robbed. They get robbed for money and jewelry. Whoever robbed the rappers gives Big U the chain and then they all break down the money. The legend of Big U grows cause he gets the chain back and all the rapper really wants is the chain back because that is what is needed to save face. The shit could just be a big ass scam to get niggas to pay tribute($$$) and homage.

Also using the mafia for checking in is a poor example because they are a international organization. They all may not like each other but they are all connected.

That's what I'm saying. Drake will have NEVER been this big, braggadocios, comfortable, etc. If he wasn't checking in with niggas behind the scenes. Dude was a star of the Degrassi, and dude constantly talks about his mob ties and shit all the time. His whole situation with J Prince is from him checking in. You can call it extortion which it is, but the level of freedom and opportunities he is granted would not be there if he was too prideful to not be on that shit. I promise y'all Drake would have not lasted a year when he first started lol.

But dude had long term plans, and can see where he wanted his brand and business to be. Folks be in this for different reasons. If you not having long term plans with this shit of course you no "checking in". This shit is more nuance then what y'all giving it tbh. It's not black or white like most things.

His dad peformed in Memphis clubs and his cousins were close to Yo Gotti and them, so he already knew the deal from the jump.

Back