Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION rappers need to “check in” if they want to stay alive?

So you on this dumb logic. Gotcha. DMX came to Baltimore and did not have to check in. Neither did Rae or Ghost. This only apply to new age rappers.
Dumb logic? Niggas come from out of town and there's always niggas that wanna test their "streetness" since they rap about it... you don't know that? I ain't saying its right, I'm saying how these niggas move... like how have you not ever heard of this shit... like I said earlier it's not new, so get out your feelings

How old or how close are you to know what Rae or Ghost or DMX did in their hey day?

Last edited:
What hood do any of these rappers go to besides the one they from?

Last I checked Pop Smoke was not in the hood when he got shot? Neither was XXXtenacion (how ever you spell it) unless I am mistaken?

Either way. Eminem would not need to check in.
I'm referring to his music and his life... he's not in the hood nor raps on it or claim moves he made... so why would hood cats even think on him... and ppl get got anywhere...

Gangsters from out of town use to have to do it, even way back in the early Italian Mob days... couldn't come from NY to Chicago without letting ppl know. Niggas applied this shit too and it transferred into the music

Negro please. Fuck I look like checking in with some random clown everywhere I go. I'm a grown ass man. I go where the fuck I want to go You sound like the slave patrol telling me I need mastas freedom papers to leave the plantation. If you don't take that Stephen from candyland bullshit somewhere.

As ridiculous as it is for a grown ass man to even consider doing some dumb shit like this the fact that somebody somewhere is apparently doing this bullshit for real is even fucking worse. These 21st century rappers and the fuck boys they associate with are clowns.

Tell that to Biggie

Yeah

lotta people in here either dont understand or are beong willfully obtuse about rules these rappers gotta adhere too...many who affiliate themselves with street life whether real or fabricated.

the importance of “checkin in” is really lost on the younger generations as a lot of the honor codes and street etiquette is pretty much nonexistent now....

As far as being extorted...imo the only ones that get or got extorted are the noggas who arent real authentic street cats...”studio gangsters” if you will...

never heard Tip, Jeezy or Gucci get extorted or barred from any city....funny how Rick Ross has had this problem multiple times in multiple cities...he makes excellent music tho

Point blank if you rap about and portray yourself as street nigga you are subjecting yourself to those rules whether you real or not.

lmaooo @ “rules” rappers gotta adhere to.

all that shit is arbitrary.

i think yall are projecting here. if youre scared, stay on the porch.

it makes no sense that grown ass men have to check in with other grown ass men in order to survive. that’s ridiculous

Yeah

lotta people in here either dont understand or are beong willfully obtuse about rules these rappers gotta adhere too...many who affiliate themselves with street life whether real or fabricated.

the importance of “checkin in” is really lost on the younger generations as a lot of the honor codes and street etiquette is pretty much nonexistent now....

As far as being extorted...imo the only ones that get or got extorted are the noggas who arent real authentic street cats...”studio gangsters” if you will...

never heard Tip, Jeezy or Gucci get extorted or barred from any city....funny how Rick Ross has had this problem multiple times in multiple cities...he makes excellent music tho
Tip had issues in Pittsburgh jeezy had issues in Detroit Gucci had issues in NYC

What the fuck Marvin Gate, Smokey Robinson and Stevie Wonder look like "checking in" with some random hood dudes in Chicago to do a show? What the fuck Issac Hayes, Al Green and the Barkays look like "checking in" with some random dudes in Detroit to do a show? What the fuck Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry look like "checking in" with some random dudes in Memphis to do a show. Smmfh. The ignorance and pussification of you new negros is astounding.
i think you should read up on a lot of these acts. ppl DID check in back in these days. and this wasn’t just a black thing, rolling stones used to have hells angels do security for em until one time they didn’t pay and got fucked up.

quicy jones bio and miles davis autobiography detail all the criminality that went along with touring and doing all those juke joints, same with all the blues guys.

hell, robert johnson was killed by a fan in a bar, and that was in fucking 1938.

i’m not making excuses for modern rappers, but i just wanted to let you know those olden days had this same kinda shit going on. if miles davis was going to tour in some city and he didn’t alert the proper gangsters then shit would go down. period.

music and touring in clubs and shit has always had a street element from mafia to irishmen to the hood. ppl have had to call ahead ever since ppl were playing music and traveling. that’s always been the case.

this is quincy jones talking about hanging with frank sinatra

yes he isn’t talking about “checking in” but i’m pasting so you can see the criminal element is and has always been a part. the bars and clubs in most of the big cities was run by mafia and if you were going to deal with them you better have your own guys and if you have your own guys part of their job was to keep everyone safe wherever you went, which meant what we would call “checking in” today.

read any of the good bios of artists from 50s,60s,70s this is standard. now yes rappers have taken it to a ridiculous level and killing each other left and right, but checking in is nothing new

————-quincy on frank
"Yes sir. I love him. He was bipolar, you know. He had no gray. He either loved you with all of his heart or else he'd roll over your ass in a Mack truck in reverse. He was tough, man. I saw all of it. You know, I'd see him try to fight—he couldn't fight worth a shit. He'd get drunk, and Jilly, his right-hand guy, stone gangster, would get behind him and break the guy's ribs. Man. What memories. We had a good time, though.

I thought rappers from other regions claiming Blood or Crip were the ones who had to check in with those sets for protection from rival sets or cats wanting to rob them of their jewelry.

lmaooo @ “rules” rappers gotta adhere to.

all that shit is arbitrary.

i think yall are projecting here. if youre scared, stay on the porch.

it makes no sense that grown ass men have to check in with other grown ass men in order to survive. that’s ridiculous
It is ridiculous... fully so... but that's the life... ain't nothing new either. Women I believed have no worries... well maybe Young Ma has to

I see both sides while I do think it’s corny as hell. These rappers stay saying they can do this and that to whoever and while it’s entertainment and rappers shouldn’t have to be actually shoot somebody to be looked at as real it’s a lot of ignorant folks who do. Styles mentioned it like why are rappers expected to be as Street as their lyrics. So we got this culture where I have to represent my city and area to prove I’m not a bitch and to look real. When most people don’t care.

Back