Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION rappers need to “check in” if they want to stay alive?

“checking in” is so silly to me. what are they supposed do? send an armed caravan of mfers to protect you?

its not making sense to me.

And it will never make any sense. Its senseless and it's a crab-in-the-bucket mentality. Which other genre does this? Which other race does this fuck shit?

Because you claimed a certain lifestyle or grew up in a certain hood, you now must pay to stay alive when you are making legal money. This is what we teach young children.

Then we get all sad when an artist who had so much potential this, had so much talent that; is killed by his very own.

Who the fuck are we fooling? The hiphop community condones the dumbest shit then act brand-new when shit hits the fan. Pathetic!

"Checking In" is the most crab in the barrel concept I've ever seen in the black community.
Might as well say black people are enforcing sundown towns on other black people.
Might as well say we need a black version of The Green Book to avoid other black people.
Might as well say black people are self-proclaiming themselves to be slave catchers.
They are no better, if not worst, than the black cop terrorizing black people to impress racist police.

All facts. Said it before me.

Negro please. Fuck I look like checking in with some random clown everywhere I go. I'm a grown ass man. I go where the fuck I want to go You sound like the slave patrol telling me I need mastas freedom papers to leave the plantation. If you don't take that Stephen from candyland bullshit somewhere.

As ridiculous as it is for a grown ass man to even consider doing some dumb shit like this the fact that somebody somewhere is apparently doing this bullshit for real is even fucking worse. These 21st century rappers and the fuck boys they associate with are clowns.
If you dealing with street shit or things related like music which brings a lot of attention and undisirables ,it's not bad to know ppl who can tell you certain things about city politics or where is cool.Doesn' t mean you have to pay or get permission.

That's just extortion.

Especially in Gang cities where the wrong t shirt or hat can get you shot.

Plus rap niggas be in big expensive cars wearing jewelry etc.attracting more attention than regular visitors.

With that said, with the random way Pop got killed ,a check in may not have stopped that unless maybe he was shown with goonies from LA who made a lick look like a gamble.

I think the checking in shit is to avoid shit hitting the fan

And that right there is the issue. If these youngings are put in their place by so called 'OGs' in their hood, then we won't have to worry about this. BUT of course they (OGs) need to get their piece of out of the situation too. Smh.

We try to make sense out of stupidity and destruction that WE cause on our own. There's no way else to look at it. And it hurts to see/read about it.

Anyway, I'm off this.

I really dont know what to say about this shyt, but hiring professional security when you touch down somewhere could put an end to all of this. But these rappers just have to keep it gangsta

I mean if a good amount of rappers were like fuck this I’ll hire security or treat like a civilian and call police then what. I mean a lot of street cred would be ruined but better than paying some old head $50,000 so you don’t robbed

I always thought this shyt was dumb as fucc.

So question...do these muthafuccas pull that same "check in" shyt when WHITE acts come to town?

Ok say Metallica comes thru...do they gotta check in? Do these muthafuccas approach them and asked them if they checked in? And if not...what then? What they gonna do to Metallica?

What about Taylor Swift? Do she gotta check in?

How bout Adele?

Do Kenney Chesney gotta check in?

I gotta chime in man with all due respect. The premise of checking in is fuckin stupid and it IS extortion if we being real. That's why you have rappers and athletes claiming blood and crip all of a sudden in their 20s SMMFH. Most rappers get killed in their OWN cities anyways so what is there to check in about ? FUCK THE STREETS. Rap is ENTERTAINMENT, it's not real. The streets have robbed us of every major rapper who could have made a difference and it was always over bullshit.

The parallel between a president checking in and some local street niggas isn't the same. The president makes decisions for an entire country a rapper does not and we need to stop worshipping rappers and holding them in such high esteem. I guarantee you Eminem dont check in, Justin Bieber, Post Malone, Yelawolf, Lil Pimp they dont check in. Yelawolf will call a black man "nigger" to his face in their city and go unscathed and be back every other month with the same routine. Pop Smoke will move away and niggas want to hunt him down. George Zimmerman will kill a black teenager and gloat about it and none of these "street niggas" will do anything to him but XXXTENTACION will catch bullets for driving around. That's a deeper conversation to be had.

Black people we have got to do better because this ignorance about checking in isn't producing anything for our community's and is pure idiocy.

The bolded is STRAIGHT...FACTS!!!!!

lol at so called "street niggas" (whatever that even means in the internet imagination) being the repository responsible for unsavory obligations and blame

everyone else is jus as responsible for george Zimmerman (and the general concept of such) as so called street niggas. Oh cause he get his out the street and you live off of low wage labor, your less disposable? Society and your lived experienced (refer to covid, katrina , flint , your Healthcare etc) says otherwise, stop it

The concept is silly and the fact that we even designate segments as disposable in this manner perpetuates this madness. The refuse acts like refuse, oh who woulda thunk

to take it back to hip hop

im from Chicago...up until Kanye, Common was very visible and present in Chicago with little to no issues

Lupe was as well...even accessible to the point the Masjid he attended was public knowledge....little to no issues

Twista, at least in his older songs, had
his music riddled with (often conflicting) gang references....not that "gang gang" shit of today, only Chicago people would catch it...and he stay getting robbed and beat up and people around him stay getting killed

theres a dont start none wont be none element to this as well...you got to answer to what come out your face, entertainer or not...you're not OBLIGATED to have a tough guy image....that can get u killed in high school...add being a public figure who supposedly got money ...cmon now

Back