Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

James Johnson is the vet I've been hoping the Pelicans would sign all these years.

YO, when did Hayes start doing this????

He's shown flashes since last season. The issue was he was forced to play a lot earlier than they thought he would due to injuries and was still a super raw prospect and was relying too much on his athleticism and not his iq.

They tried again at the start of the season to give him tick but he kept getting into early foul trouble resulting in him sitting.

They inserted herangomez for a nice stretch of games and he was able to watch. When he got the chance to get back in the rotation, he started playing much much much better.

Stopped jumping say every shot trying to block it and when he did jump, he stays vertical to not draw fouls on blocking shots.

Offensively, he's always had great touch around the rim and been a pretty good FT shooter for someone his height. I believe he has value on this team in both the short and long term outlook. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was flipped at some point to trade for a bigger name also but I've liked him since summer league last year

small sample size but Naji Marshall has played really well the past few games after struggling in his first few

not saying he's a long term answer, but he has really been doing some things well from that forward position that has plagued this franchise for years now.

Sooner than I thought it would happen but here we are.

Some think he won't play a game. I hope that's not true

small sample size but Naji Marshall has played really well the past few games after struggling in his first few

not saying he's a long term answer, but he has really been doing some things well from that forward position that has plagued this franchise for years now.
Speaking of Naji

FANSTASTIC article about him

Back