Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event. Full year 2018 guidance is predicated on the staging of the Riyadh event as scheduled.
Read more at http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezon...el-confirmed-saudi-arabia#IYXDZjETXyAxh2oR.99

wwe in response to DB and Cena not working CJ

“A rep for WWE replied to our request for comment on the matter saying: ‘As always, we maintain an open line of communication with our performers and will address each situation accordingly.”

Daniel Bryan will not be traveling to Saudi Arabia to perform on this Friday's WWE Crown Jewel PPV, PWInsider.com has confirmed with several sources. Word that Bryan would not work the show was first reported by Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports.

While WWE has not officially confirmed Bryan's status, PWInsider.com has confirmed that Bryan made it clear he would not be traveling to the event and WWE began making alternative plans last week.

As of yesterday afternoon, WWE had planned to not send WWE Champion AJ Styles to Saudi Arabia and production plans were being put into place that would have seen Bryan wrestle Styles inside the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida with the match airing as part of the Crown Jewel broadcast on Friday. We are told that in the midst of production plans being made yesterday for that bout, the idea was dropped. All signs are that Styles will be going to work Crown Jewel.

Bryan is advertised to face off with Styles on tonight's Smackdown Live broadcast, so the company has several choices in front of them. They could run an angle to take Bryan out of the match and have AJ Styles face someone else at Crown Jewel (we've heard Rusev's name mentioned as a possible replacement) or simply tape the Styles vs. Bryan match at tonight's taping to insert into the Crown Jewel broadcast. The company could also change direction and have the match on Smackdown tonight in order to close out the storyline and move Styles on to another challenger. They have several options open to them as of this writing and we are told no final decision had been made as of last night.

Bryan would follow John Cena, who also was removed from the show officially yesterday. Neither Cena nor WWE have commented on Cena's reasons but there has been tremendous scrutiny on WWE for moving forward with the show, which is being produced as part of a ten year agreement with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after the murder of Washington Post columnist and Virginia native Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey while Khashoggi was there to pick up paperwork needed for his pending marriage.

On 10/25, WWE issued the following statement as part of their 2018 third quarter earnings report: "WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event. Full year 2018 guidance is predicated on the staging of the Riyadh event as scheduled."

The WWE Crown Jewel event officially sold out within three hours after going on sale this week. The show will stream live on the WWE Network this Friday at 12 PM Eastern.

Daniel Bryan will not be traveling to Saudi Arabia to perform on this Friday's WWE Crown Jewel PPV, PWInsider.com has confirmed with several sources. Word that Bryan would not work the show was first reported by Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports.

While WWE has not officially confirmed Bryan's status, PWInsider.com has confirmed that Bryan made it clear he would not be traveling to the event and WWE began making alternative plans last week.

As of yesterday afternoon, WWE had planned to not send WWE Champion AJ Styles to Saudi Arabia and production plans were being put into place that would have seen Bryan wrestle Styles inside the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida with the match airing as part of the Crown Jewel broadcast on Friday. We are told that in the midst of production plans being made yesterday for that bout, the idea was dropped. All signs are that Styles will be going to work Crown Jewel.

Bryan is advertised to face off with Styles on tonight's Smackdown Live broadcast, so the company has several choices in front of them. They could run an angle to take Bryan out of the match and have AJ Styles face someone else at Crown Jewel (we've heard Rusev's name mentioned as a possible replacement) or simply tape the Styles vs. Bryan match at tonight's taping to insert into the Crown Jewel broadcast. The company could also change direction and have the match on Smackdown tonight in order to close out the storyline and move Styles on to another challenger. They have several options open to them as of this writing and we are told no final decision had been made as of last night.

Bryan would follow John Cena, who also was removed from the show officially yesterday. Neither Cena nor WWE have commented on Cena's reasons but there has been tremendous scrutiny on WWE for moving forward with the show, which is being produced as part of a ten year agreement with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after the murder of Washington Post columnist and Virginia native Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey while Khashoggi was there to pick up paperwork needed for his pending marriage.

On 10/25, WWE issued the following statement as part of their 2018 third quarter earnings report: "WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event. Full year 2018 guidance is predicated on the staging of the Riyadh event as scheduled."

The WWE Crown Jewel event officially sold out within three hours after going on sale this week. The show will stream live on the WWE Network this Friday at 12 PM Eastern.

Man Vince knows damn well he should have just cancelled Crown Jewel two of your top main event stars pulled out of the event b/c of the murder of a U.S. journalist. Vince could be putting his talent at risk over there and don't even know it. All money ain't good money. If they do AJ/DB tonight on Smackdown I'm all for it because I won't be watching Crown Jewel I'll probably will just catch some Youtube highlights. I always watch SD & NXT as it is every week and then they have NXT UK now it's just too much wrestling to keep up with within a week. I refuse to devote my time to a special PPV that does nothing to move current storylines forward anyways.

I don’t see a thread for crown jewel but

I doubt I watch it, the only match I wanted to see was DB vs AJ but they just gave it to us.

As far as Renee it does nothing, the women performers should be out there. How this company expect us to care about the women when they keep saying themselves they'll push them aside every time they can get a big pay day.

Names like Cena and Bryan are huge, if Brock, Orton, Hardy’s etc were to pull out, and big names continued to pull, they’d have to cancel.

Matter of fact, if the majority of the roster did, they couldn’t be punished. Fans would know. They would react. Vince would be SOL and have to stfu and move on. That roster is pussy.

I doubt I watch it, the only match I wanted to see was DB vs AJ but they just gave it to us.

As far as Renee it does nothing, the women performers should be out there. How this company expect us to care about the women when they keep saying themselves they'll push them aside every time they can get a big pay day.
Will this cause tension wit tha otha females??? I know she's not a wrestler but she should have stayed out as a show of unity wit tha otha females

Brock Lesnar won’t be dropping the Universal Championship any time soon.

Lesnar’s new contract with WWE, quietly agreed to before Crown Jewel, keeps Lesnar in pro wrestling at least through WrestleMania 35, Dave Meltzer reported for MMAFighting.com.

“The new deal is for multiple shows, but its length of time has been kept secretive,” Meltzer wrote. “But it is known that Lesnar is scheduled as late as April of next year for WrestleMania.”

Lesnar had been plotting a return to UFC after dropping the belt to Roman Reigns at SummerSlam in August. But Reigns’s leukemia diagnosis drastically altered WWE’s plans for its signature championship and Lesnar won the title back at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia last week. Lesnar is free to fight in UFC while under contract with WWE, Meltzer adds, but it is unclear if he would actually take a UFC fight.

WWE will spend the next several months building up a challenger for Lesnar to face at the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. Whether that challenger is crowned as the new champion probably depends on whether Lesnar wants to remain in WWE.

Im okay wit tha buildup of tha next challenger.... As long as it's Drew McIntyre... Lesnar is not tha type that should be on tv every week... That's what he has Paul Heyman for

Back