Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

While Karl Anderson is slated to return to New Japan Pro Wrestling this Wednesday 12/14 to defend the NEVER Openweight Championship against Hikuelo, that is not intended to be his final appearance for the promotion.

PWInsider.com has learned from multiple sources that WWE and New Japan have come to terms on an agreement for Anderson to wrestle on the 1/4/23 Wrestle Kingdom event at the Tokyo Dome, making him the first-ever contracted WWE talent to work NJPW's biggest event of the year.

PWInsider.com is told that Anderson had long figured into NJPW's plans for the event even before The Good Brothers returned to WWE and that the two sides were able to come to terms to keep NJPW's creative plans in place. We are told that Anderson will have a "strong role" at the Dome show in a singles bout.

Michael Mansury, the former Vice President of Global Television Production for WWE, has been hired by AEW and will start at tomorrow's AEW Dynamite taping. We are told he was backstage at the Full Gear PPV a few weeks back as well, but he is now officially with the company. Mansury's official title is Senior Vice President & Co-Executive Producer for AEW This is a big backstage hire for the company.

Mansury was with WWE from March 2009 through May 2020. He was hired there initially as a Production Assistant, rising through the ranks as Associate Producer, Producer and then Managing Producer of WWE before being elevated to his Vice President role in March 2016. In that position, Mansury had been the Director of record for many of the WWE PPV and TV productions in recent years.

When he departed WWE several years ago, he was seen as a big part of the Triple H regime. Some in the company at the time had dubbed him unofficially as the "next" Kevin Dunn, with the idea was that he would one day fill Dunn's role down the line, which obviously did not happen. When Mansury gave notice that he was leaving WWE, there were a number of people at the time that were shocked.

After leaving WWE, Mansury worked as an Executive Producer for Pat McAfee before moving on to work as Senior Vice President & Executive Producer - Global Production for the ONE MMA promotion. He left there last month.

Michael Mansury, the former Vice President of Global Television Production for WWE, has been hired by AEW and will start at tomorrow's AEW Dynamite taping. We are told he was backstage at the Full Gear PPV a few weeks back as well, but he is now officially with the company. Mansury's official title is Senior Vice President & Co-Executive Producer for AEW This is a big backstage hire for the company.

Mansury was with WWE from March 2009 through May 2020. He was hired there initially as a Production Assistant, rising through the ranks as Associate Producer, Producer and then Managing Producer of WWE before being elevated to his Vice President role in March 2016. In that position, Mansury had been the Director of record for many of the WWE PPV and TV productions in recent years.

When he departed WWE several years ago, he was seen as a big part of the Triple H regime. Some in the company at the time had dubbed him unofficially as the "next" Kevin Dunn, with the idea was that he would one day fill Dunn's role down the line, which obviously did not happen. When Mansury gave notice that he was leaving WWE, there were a number of people at the time that were shocked.

After leaving WWE, Mansury worked as an Executive Producer for Pat McAfee before moving on to work as Senior Vice President & Executive Producer - Global Production for the ONE MMA promotion. He left there last month.
That's the dude who was supposed to take over from Kevin Dunn

It's all rumor. But it will be an interesting one
Its almost WrestleMania season, this when the rumors stsrt having more weight to them. And tbh. I cant think of another opponent for Brock that makes sense as Lashey, Drew. Roman, AJ, Sheamus, and anybody else who is a top dog already been there with Brock so im hoping this is the one.

My only gripe is I wish they didnt turn GUNTHA into this scared bitch when it comes to Braun. He gonna be running from Brock too? Like whose decision was that to have him afraid of Braun..... Also lets get this Ricochet / Escobar Ladder match at Mania

Its almost WrestleMania season, this when the rumors stsrt having more weight to them. And tbh. I cant think of another opponent for Brock that makes sense as Lashey, Drew. Roman, AJ, Sheamus, and anybody else who is a rop dog already been there with Brock so im hoping this is the one.

Makes me think we might get the Bobby / Brock pay off at the Rumble

My only gripe is I wish they didnt turn GUNTHA into this scared bitch when it comes to Braun. He gonna be running from Brock too? Like whose decision was that to have him afraid of Braun..... Also lets get this Ricochet / Escobar Ladder match at Mania
Yeah i know fans are like it doesnt matter or its been done in wrestling like every heel needs to have chicken shit tendacies.

Fuck all that. WALTER never ran from shit til that storyline and they shouldnt do that again.

This is their chance to make him back to who he was before the main roster and in other companies and make him the new Brock style threat.

Yeah i know fans are like it doesnt matter or its been done in wrestling like every heel needs to have chicken shit tendacies.

Fuck all that. WALTER never ran from shit til that storyline and they shouldnt do that again.

This is their chance to make him back to who he was before the main roster and in other companies and make him the new Brock style threat.

Yeah they need to have him beat Braun within an inch of his life to make up for that

FilthyRawGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

Don't put it in spoilers. Say it with your chest son. I didn't raise no punk

Back