Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Nobody was complaining. Nobody said a negative thing about the Usos or that they didn't deserve the spot. Oh my lord
gordon-ramsay-facepalm.gif

Plus they don’t read so that’s a barrier

FTR have had 12 tag matches in AEW for the whole year.

The Usos have had 63 tag matches in 2022. They are number 1. And its not particularly close.
So Roman Reigns shouldn't be near anyone's top list after only having (checks notes) 13 matches in 2022 right? Nor Bianca with her 15? Good to know the parameters especially since Omega was #1 last year when Drew Mcintyre wrestled 100 matches in 2021, but okay. I got you.

moving-goalpost.gif

You're top guys but the owner can't book you on the fly treating you like a scrub, the creative has nothing for you thing

Roman works the tip top Main Event on any show he is on. The same can't be said for the so called top guys. Their dozen matches ain't the same.
So now it's quality of matches? Because if so FTR has had better quality of matches than the Usos. What we doing here brother Mac? Is it oochie wally or one mic? I'm confused here

You're top guys but the owner can't book you on the fly treating you like a scrub, the creative has nothing for you thing

Either bad creative or nothing. I think they'd rather have nothing in the meantime. Plus I think they were supposed to win the titles off the Bucks before Swerve in our Glory and The Acclaimed got over. I think thats why they got into that 6 man feud with Wardlow and Jay Lethal's group.

So now it's quality of matches? Because if so FTR has had better quality of matches than the Usos. What we doing here brother Mac? Is it oochie wally or one mic? I'm confused here
My man. Alright let's get into it.

FTR are not positioned as the draw. Their matches are an attraction, but are not *the* attraction.

Having great undercard matches is not the same as having great main event matches. Comparing what they've done to Roman is disingenuous because Roman has the entire company centered on him and he has delivered in that spot for the entire calendar year.

FTR aren't even the most popular team in their own company. The Acclaimed are. FTR has matches, but the Acclaimed are the ones getting highly promoted segments and moving the merch.

Actually, when we broaden our scope to look at the other performance aspects, we can clearly see that FTR aren't even number 2 in AEW. They're still behind the Bucks. (Which is why the Bucks won't do the job to them. FTR really are a Bret Hart tribute act.)

Now, compare that to the Usos. Who also have fire matches but are positioned waaaaaay higher than FTR in their respective company. They are the undisputed top tag team and are a part of the number 1 storyline in all of wrestling. They have the classic segments (take off the shirt!, Jey hasn't been feeling very ucey lately), they sell the merch, they have the main events. Quality and quantity.

If you take FTR off of TV, which AEW has done as evidenced by their low match count, much wouldn't be lost. You'd lose some great matches, but AEW has plenty of those. You'd still be left with the 2 top teams in their division and your main stories would be unaffected.

But, if you took the Usos off TV for the past year? Bye Wargames, see ya later Bloodline saga, sorry Sami. You'd lose the number 1 team, the number 1 stable, and the number 1 story in one fell swoop. Because they're the 1s and FTR are the 2's (or 3's, maybe 4's if we are being technical. )

FTR are not positioned as the draw. Their matches are an attraction, but are not *the* attraction.

Having great undercard matches is not the same as having great main event matches. Comparing what they've done to Roman is disingenuous because Roman has the entire company centered on him and he has delivered in that spot for the entire calendar year.

FTR aren't even the most popular team in their own company. The Acclaimed are. FTR has matches, but the Acclaimed are the ones getting highly promoted segments and moving the merch.

Actually, when we broaden our scope to look at the other performance aspects, we can clearly see that FTR aren't even number 2 in AEW. They're still behind the Bucks. (Which is why the Bucks won't do the job to them. FTR really are a Bret Hart tribute act.)

Now, compare that to the Usos. Who also have fire matches but are positioned waaaaaay higher than FTR in their respective company. They are the undisputed top tag team and are a part of the number 1 storyline in all of wrestling. They have the classic segments (take off the shirt!, Jey hasn't been feeling very ucey lately), they sell the merch, they have the main events. Quality and quantity.

If you take FTR off of TV, which AEW has done as evidenced by their low match count, much wouldn't be lost. You'd lose some great matches, but AEW has plenty of those. You'd still be left with the 2 top teams in their division and your main stories would be unaffected.

But, if you took the Usos off TV for the past year? Bye Wargames, see ya later Bloodline saga, sorry Sami. You'd lose the number 1 team, the number 1 stable, and the number 1 story in one fell swoop. Because they're the 1s and FTR are the 2's (or 3's, maybe 4's if we are being technical. )

Damn talk to em!!

Just to keep it fair tho so it dont sound like FTR bashing is going down. They are over as fuck in AEW and get huge pops and had legit 3-4 top five match of year contenders and better then majority of Usos matches. And that aint just in AEW.

They are definitely one of the top tag teams in the world in any company. Hunter wants them boys back like a mfa and I think it will happen in the next 2 yrs.

Both teams did their thing this year but story wise Usos take the cake because they are involved in the biggest story in wrestling.

Last edited:
Just to keep it fair tho so it dont sound like FTR bashing is going down. They are over as fuck in AEW and get huge pops and had legit 3-4 match of year matches over and better then majority of Usos matches. And that aint just in AEW.

They are definitely one of the top tag teams in the world in any company. Hunter wants them boys back like a mfa.

Both teams did their thing this year but story wise Usos take the cake.

Fam if it seems like FTR is being down played in here you know why.

trust I know FTR are and have been on some goat shit for awhile. At the same time to down play the Usos or act like they aren’t deserving of being ranked #1 on a yearly list is corny. And yes I’m hoping HHH bring on em in if possible lol

YES!
giphy.gif

So basically you typed all of that to say: The Usos are more prominently featured on the show/card

Dang, who else said that? 🤔
the Usos have been featured more prominently due to being involved with the Bloodline stuff

So match count means nothing as exampled by 2021. Quality of matches isn't the sole factor due to FTR having better matches than the Usos.

But let's get back to your point about Roman being in more important/main event matches by using 2021 again.

Drew McIntyre was in 7 WWE championship matches. Kenny Omega was in 7(technically 6, but I'll count that Rich Swann match since the AEW title was on the line) AEW championship matches in 2021 as well. Kenny Omega was #1 on the PWI rankings while Drew was #4. Roman Reigns had 13 WWE championship matches in 2021, he was #2. Bobby Lashley was in 11 WWE championship matches in 2021, he was #3

So we just disproved that it's match count. We just disproved that it's match quality. Now we've just disproved that it's "importance" of matches. So what could it be?

Damn talk to em!!
giphy.gif

Back