Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Theory the only WWE talent I know that gets passed around from brand to brand like a blunt.

Who won the AEW vs. WWE NXT head to head last night?

If you go by the straight numbers, it was AEW.

Dynamite brought in 752,000 overnight viewers, while NXT garnered 676,000 over night viewers.

In the 18-49 demo, AEW also won, bringing in a 0.26 vs. NXT's 0.18.

However, each promotion was down in viewers from their previous week's broadcasts as well as the last time they went head to head in April 2021.Last week's numbers vs. last night's numbers:

Last week's WWE NXT audience, on Tuesday 10/11 was 737,000 overnight viewers with a 0.15 in the 18-49 demo. So, with AEW against them, NXT only lost 61,000 viewers.
Last Wednesday's AEW audience on 10/12 was 983,000 overnight viewers with a 0.32 in the 18-49 demo. So, displaced to Tuesday and against NXT, AEW lost 231,000 viewers.
In terms of holding onto viewers from the week before, it was NXT.

The last time the two companies went head to head was April 7, 2021 on a Wednesday Night:

On that evening, NXT's audience was 768,000 with 0.22 in the 18-49 demo. This was for NXT Stand and Deliver Night One, headlined by Raquel González with Dakota Kai vs. Io Shirai for the WWE NXT Women's Championship.

AEW's audience, then on TNT, was 1,104,000 with a 0.37. That episode was headlined by then-AEW Champion Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers with Don Callis vs. Jon Moxley & then-AEW Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks.

NXT's number this week wasn't that far off from where they were in April 2021. AEW's number obviously, much lower.

Who won the AEW vs. WWE NXT head to head last night?

If you go by the straight numbers, it was AEW.

Dynamite brought in 752,000 overnight viewers, while NXT garnered 676,000 over night viewers.

In the 18-49 demo, AEW also won, bringing in a 0.26 vs. NXT's 0.18.

However, each promotion was down in viewers from their previous week's broadcasts as well as the last time they went head to head in April 2021.Last week's numbers vs. last night's numbers:

Last week's WWE NXT audience, on Tuesday 10/11 was 737,000 overnight viewers with a 0.15 in the 18-49 demo. So, with AEW against them, NXT only lost 61,000 viewers.
Last Wednesday's AEW audience on 10/12 was 983,000 overnight viewers with a 0.32 in the 18-49 demo. So, displaced to Tuesday and against NXT, AEW lost 231,000 viewers.
In terms of holding onto viewers from the week before, it was NXT.

The last time the two companies went head to head was April 7, 2021 on a Wednesday Night:

On that evening, NXT's audience was 768,000 with 0.22 in the 18-49 demo. This was for NXT Stand and Deliver Night One, headlined by Raquel González with Dakota Kai vs. Io Shirai for the WWE NXT Women's Championship.

AEW's audience, then on TNT, was 1,104,000 with a 0.37. That episode was headlined by then-AEW Champion Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers with Don Callis vs. Jon Moxley & then-AEW Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks.

NXT's number this week wasn't that far off from where they were in April 2021. AEW's number obviously, much lower.
As expected tbh.

I wonder if HHH trying to send theory back down to NXT or something? if you think about it the last two times he was called up it was outta HHH's hands.

So maybe he sends him back down again.

I still don't think he cashing in that briefcase on Saturday tho cause he rumored to be defending it soon.

I wonder if HHH trying to send theory back down to NXT or something? if you think about it the last two times he was called up it was outta HHH's hands.

So maybe he sends him back down again.

I still don't think he cashing in that briefcase on Saturday tho cause he rumored to be defending it soon.
If you gotta send people back down to developmental multiple times you might as well get rid of em'

If you gotta send people back down to developmental multiple times you might as well get rid of em'

Not really

It could just be a case of HHH not sharing the same vision for him that had. So instead he sends him back down to be one of the top guys of NXT until he's ready for him on the main.

Idk whats gonna happen with him fr but i wouldn't be surprised if that was the move

Not really

It could just be a case of HHH not sharing the same vision for him that had. So instead he sends him back down to be one of the top guys of NXT until he's ready for him on the main.

Idk whats gonna happen with him fr but i wouldn't be surprised if that was the move
Yes really. If you gotta keep sending someone back down to developmental then obviously they not ready for the main roster/working out.

HHH wants to say that NXT/developmental is like college athletics and the main roster is the league...then what we doing here? You can't trash it up in the NBA or the NFL and get to go back to college.

lol she was laying her shit in
i like it. not if she’s out here really hurting her opponents, but these ladies wrestle today like they’re NOT tryna hurt one another thus making their offense look weak
Apparently the girl with her had stumbled ans forgot the next move and asked Athena to remind her and Athena respoded like that so it was on purpose. Its funny because she was rantin about Nia Jax getting reckless in the ring and made a whole thing about it.

But yeah I wish more of these women wrestlers would LAY IT IN (not necessarily brutally but throw believable punches with close contact). I cant think of one female in the game who has a really nice punch in WWE or AEW.

Back