Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Difference is one is not even 5 YEARS OLD yet for some reason is supposed to be performing the same as a company with a 4 decade head start

Aaaannnd this point I can't disagree wit. Something I've said earlier, and in previous discussions.

Again...WWE has a 40 decade headstart on AEW. So if some of us are a lil more critical wit them...it b/c we expect better from them. I will continue to say the main issue they had imo was COMPLACENCY. Again...Vince took the fans for granted. He had no real competition. Figured he can put out anything, and fans had no choice but to accept it.

I'm less critical wit AEW b/c they've only been in business for 3yrs. You can't seriously expect ANY new company to have the same 40+ year experience WWE has. That's ridiculous. No matter how many Khans you got. Yes AEW has certain things they need to improve. Just like WWE. Just like IMPACT. Just like NWA...MLW...GCW...NJPW...and any other wrestling promotion out. No promotion is flawless.

That's reality.

👀

Interestingly enough ... an unidentified woman was seen walking behind Vince as he prepared to get into his sprinter van. McMahon's wife Linda was absent.

Him and Linda been seperated for years now I believe. They don't even live together.

New details are being revealed on the recent backstage incident between Sammy Guevara and Eddie Kingston at the August 10 Quake By The Lake edition of AEW Dynamite in Minneapolis, MN.

As noted earlier, Kingston was recently suspended by AEW after a backstage incident with Guevara, and the suspension is now over, but he has not been at AEW events since then. Guevara and Tay Melo retained their AA Mixed Tag Team Titles over Dante Martin and Skye Blue at the Quake By The Lake Rampage tapings on August 11, and then had a post-match promo from the ring, with Kingston who was backstage. The promo led to a physical altercation backstage, where Kingston reportedly “took a swing” at Guevara. Kingston was reportedly upset over what Guevara said about his appearance during the promo.

The Rampage promo, which did not air, included Guevara accepting Kingston’s challenge for All Out. During that promo, Guevara called Kingston out and said he was a “fat piece of shit like the fans,” according to a correspondent. AEW then aired Kingston’s response from backstage on the big screen, and Kingston said he was going to do what Guevara and Melo do – take a vacation until the match, and that Ruby Soho and Ortiz would be coming for Guevara and Melo. Kingston also said he wouldn’t insult Guevara, but would speak to him like a man, calling him a disgusting pig and then saying it’s now pig hunting season.

In an update, a new report from Fightful Select notes that Guevara and Kingston developed heat and that heat devolved into the backstage altercation. Kingston was reportedly mad because Guevara hadn’t spoken with Kingston about the Rampage promo or cleared the content of the promo.

Kingston and Guevara reportedly had not talked since the Blood & Guts Dynamite on June 29, where Kingston threw Guevara off the steel cage. Kingston reportedly asked to work with Guevara, who didn’t have people exactly angling to work with him after his feud with Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page.

The original plan for Kingston and Guevara was for Kingston to win their match at All Out. Kingston reportedly took exception to Guevara calling him a “fat piece of shit” in the edited Rampage promo as he felt like it buried their All Out match if a “fat piece of shit” beat him.

However, the crux of the frustration was how Guevara followed up with this after being perceived as difficult working with Sky, Page, and also Sonjay Dutt in the months before.

Word from within AEW is that there were some pretty clear parameters set for Guevara’s feuds and promos to not mention his ex-fiancee, which was never brought up or pitched anyway.

Regarding the backstage incident after the Rampage promo in Minneapolis, Kingston reportedly yelled at Guevara, and Guevara smiled back. Kingston responded by “pie-facing” Guevara. Guevara was said to be incredibly unhappy with this, and Kingston ended up suspended for two weeks.

A video from late July is making the rounds again on social media today, showing how Kingston commented on Guevara during a live autograph signing with Highspots.

Kingston said in the video seen below, “Who’d I bury? Punk, Bryan, and Claudio? Who else did we bury? Oh yeah, Sammy. Sammy sucks. I know people like Sammy. I don’t get it. I just don’t get it. I’m just saying, all the moves he does, the Bucks do and do ‘em better, and I don’t even like the Bucks. I hope he’s there Wednesday. I pray to god Sammy’s there Wednesday. I’m gonna fuck him up. You guys think this is a joke, like this is all a work, since everybody likes to use the insider terms. I don’t like that little cocksucker.”

Kingston also commented to Fightful and said, “I was wrong. That is all.”

Kingston told Dave Meltzer that he sometimes does things he shouldn’t, adding that he was sorry, and that he owns up to whatever he did. He told PWInsider, “You know the truth. I wouldn’t lie. I was wrong for being unprofessional. That is the blind fact. He did what he did and the public can judge that but I know for a fact I was wrong.”

It’s believed that Kingston will be back next Wednesday for the All Out go-home edition of Dynamite in Chicago.

As mentioned earlier today, there’s no official word on if Guevara was suspended. He was not at last week’s TV tapings in West Virginia, but there were lots of travel issues that week. Guevara and Melo did work last night’s AEW Rampage taping, going up against Ortiz and Soho, and that was Guevara’s first match since Minneapolis.

It’s believed that Kingston vs. Guevara is still scheduled for AEW All Out on September 4, but that has not been confirmed.

Hell...Sammy was probably rubbing muthafuccas the wrong way at the WWE Performance Center.

Lacey definitely looked like she wasn't tolerating his shyt when she was training him.

You wanna argue my points like an adult or…?because the personal attacks don’t effect me. 2nd agreement and all

no and no.

talking to you is like talking to that energy vampire from that show on FX called What We Do in The Shadows.
tumblr_pp23magI8f1rz6w0do3_540.gif

tumblr_pp23magI8f1rz6w0do4_500.gif

Hell...Sammy was probably rubbing muthafuccas the wrong way at the WWE Performance Center.

Lacey definitely looked like she wasn't tolerating his shyt when she was training him.
Dude like 24. At that age Orton was flashing chicks and dropping deuces in they purses. We gotta let people grow

Dude like 24. At that age Orton was flashing chicks and dropping deuces in they purses. We gotta let people grow

Yeah and that immaturity got the title stripped from him b4 he could have an extended reign.

Yeah and that immaturity got the title stripped from him b4 he could have an extended reign.
Yea...which is why " We gotta let people grow."

Wait, no nvm. Dude is almost 30. Scratch that. Homie feeling himself. He on tv, getting money, and just married a nice brazilian. He gotta be better

The 8/24 episode of AEW Dynamite on TBS brought in 1,049,000 overnight viewers for Jon Moxley squashing CM Punk, up from last week's 957,000 overnight viewers. It was the highest rated Dynamite since February 9th of this year.

According to PW Insider, Rosa is dealing with a severe disc issue in her back that she had been trying to push through for a while. The report adds there’s no confirmation on when the former AEW Women’s Champion will return.

Additionally, Sean Sapp reported behind Fightful’s paywall that there was some backstage heat between Rosa and Britt Baker, as well as Rosa and Jamie Hayter. The animosity with Hayter apparently started after Rosa accidentally broke her nose during a match. The report suggests that neither Baker nor Hayter can stand Rosa but that everyone is trying to remain professional backstage.

Would be a tragedy. Homie def in the same class as Theory as far as being the big names in 10 years.

He better get it together. Being labeled as hard to work with aint gonna do him no favors.

I honestly expected a couple of slip ups from Theory given how young he is but hes been on the straight and narrow ever since they tried to get him up outta there with those speaking out accusations.

New details are being revealed on the recent backstage incident between Sammy Guevara and Eddie Kingston at the August 10 Quake By The Lake edition of AEW Dynamite in Minneapolis, MN.

As noted earlier, Kingston was recently suspended by AEW after a backstage incident with Guevara, and the suspension is now over, but he has not been at AEW events since then. Guevara and Tay Melo retained their AA Mixed Tag Team Titles over Dante Martin and Skye Blue at the Quake By The Lake Rampage tapings on August 11, and then had a post-match promo from the ring, with Kingston who was backstage. The promo led to a physical altercation backstage, where Kingston reportedly “took a swing” at Guevara. Kingston was reportedly upset over what Guevara said about his appearance during the promo.

The Rampage promo, which did not air, included Guevara accepting Kingston’s challenge for All Out. During that promo, Guevara called Kingston out and said he was a “fat piece of shit like the fans,” according to a correspondent. AEW then aired Kingston’s response from backstage on the big screen, and Kingston said he was going to do what Guevara and Melo do – take a vacation until the match, and that Ruby Soho and Ortiz would be coming for Guevara and Melo. Kingston also said he wouldn’t insult Guevara, but would speak to him like a man, calling him a disgusting pig and then saying it’s now pig hunting season.

In an update, a new report from Fightful Select notes that Guevara and Kingston developed heat and that heat devolved into the backstage altercation. Kingston was reportedly mad because Guevara hadn’t spoken with Kingston about the Rampage promo or cleared the content of the promo.

Kingston and Guevara reportedly had not talked since the Blood & Guts Dynamite on June 29, where Kingston threw Guevara off the steel cage. Kingston reportedly asked to work with Guevara, who didn’t have people exactly angling to work with him after his feud with Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page.

The original plan for Kingston and Guevara was for Kingston to win their match at All Out. Kingston reportedly took exception to Guevara calling him a “fat piece of shit” in the edited Rampage promo as he felt like it buried their All Out match if a “fat piece of shit” beat him.

However, the crux of the frustration was how Guevara followed up with this after being perceived as difficult working with Sky, Page, and also Sonjay Dutt in the months before.

Word from within AEW is that there were some pretty clear parameters set for Guevara’s feuds and promos to not mention his ex-fiancee, which was never brought up or pitched anyway.

Regarding the backstage incident after the Rampage promo in Minneapolis, Kingston reportedly yelled at Guevara, and Guevara smiled back. Kingston responded by “pie-facing” Guevara. Guevara was said to be incredibly unhappy with this, and Kingston ended up suspended for two weeks.

A video from late July is making the rounds again on social media today, showing how Kingston commented on Guevara during a live autograph signing with Highspots.

Kingston said in the video seen below, “Who’d I bury? Punk, Bryan, and Claudio? Who else did we bury? Oh yeah, Sammy. Sammy sucks. I know people like Sammy. I don’t get it. I just don’t get it. I’m just saying, all the moves he does, the Bucks do and do ‘em better, and I don’t even like the Bucks. I hope he’s there Wednesday. I pray to god Sammy’s there Wednesday. I’m gonna fuck him up. You guys think this is a joke, like this is all a work, since everybody likes to use the insider terms. I don’t like that little cocksucker.”

Kingston also commented to Fightful and said, “I was wrong. That is all.”

Kingston told Dave Meltzer that he sometimes does things he shouldn’t, adding that he was sorry, and that he owns up to whatever he did. He told PWInsider, “You know the truth. I wouldn’t lie. I was wrong for being unprofessional. That is the blind fact. He did what he did and the public can judge that but I know for a fact I was wrong.”

It’s believed that Kingston will be back next Wednesday for the All Out go-home edition of Dynamite in Chicago.

As mentioned earlier today, there’s no official word on if Guevara was suspended. He was not at last week’s TV tapings in West Virginia, but there were lots of travel issues that week. Guevara and Melo did work last night’s AEW Rampage taping, going up against Ortiz and Soho, and that was Guevara’s first match since Minneapolis.

It’s believed that Kingston vs. Guevara is still scheduled for AEW All Out on September 4, but that has not been confirmed.

“So after the promo I get to the back and Eddie is flipping out yelling ‘YOU CANT CALL ME FAT’ over and over as I’m trying to walk down the stairs in gorilla making a big scene. People get in between us, Eddie tries to pie face me and he more like touches my face, it was weird. And everyone backs everyone up. It was unfortunate cause this promo was on a taped show and easily could have been edited (which they ended up doing anyways) i know this isn’t Eddie’s first time being aggressive and getting out of control backstage. I know he had to do some kind of anger management after this whole thing. This whole thing was very unnecessary but it Is what it is, Live & learn I guess, onto the next we go.”

Back