Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

For those who have asked about the creative direction of last night’s Smackdown episode on FOX, we are told it was "100%" Vince McMahon's vision and edicts that you saw on the broadcast. So, if you are wondering who was responsible for what aired last night and for matches not taking place as advertised on the show, wonder no more. It was the Vince McMahon show.

We are also told that McMahon, who arrived later than usual, did not address "or sell" the latest Wall Street Journal article about him, his NDAs, etc. It was described, once again, as the elephant in the room that was being ignored.

Bruce Prichard was back tonight, having taken some time off the road after getting a shoulder surgery.

Stephanie McMahon and Paul Levesque were not present at tonight's taping. We had some questions about whether they may be there tonight given all the mainstream attention to the latest WSJ piece. They were not.

Jason Jordan, who oversees all the Producers, was not at tonight's taping. We are told he missed the taping as he and his wife are expecting a new baby any time now. Our congratulations to the entire family. With Jordan not there, there was a lot more work spread out among the others Producers with Adam Pearce taking the point position for the team tonight.

We are told that the company also recently instituted some budget cuts, so Curtis Axel and Ariya Daivari, who had been working as producers on a probationary basis, are no longer being brought in, which made everyone's night even harder from a production standpoint. There had been a big push for more producers to be added right after Wrestlemania due to the insane workload and the time the company expects of the producers. That is what led to the probationary additions. Now, with the cutbacks, they have been dropped (at least short term), so the Producers are back to being what was described to PWInsider tonight as "extremely overworked."

WWE Raw star Rhea Ripley, who is currently out of action, posted a photo on Twitter showcasing she's hearing a heart monitor, which are usually used to record and track any potential irregularities in the heart:

“The moment you put a stop to people taking advantage of you and disrespecting you, is when they define you as difficult, selfish or crazy. Manipulators hate boundaries.”

Fans on Instagram and Twitter have been speculating about Naomi’s message possibly being a reference to WWE. Naomi also tweeted a graphic with the following message…

“BUILT, not bought. EARNED, not given. HUSTLED, not handed. RARE, not average!”

WWE Raw star Rhea Ripley, who is currently out of action, posted a photo on Twitter showcasing she's hearing a heart monitor, which are usually used to record and track any potential irregularities in the heart:

Well that's not good. Hope all is well.

i was hoping her and bianca could face off at summerslam for the woman’s title, but health comes first

sidenote, non-goth rhea >>> goth rhea

Screenshot_20220710-011210_Chrome.jpg

Apparently this set a chain of guys in the business and twitter off. How yall feel?

I personally give 2 shits about Benoit so i could care less either way.

I honestly had all this ready to go plus
-Austin v Angle 2001
-Benoit v Angle 2003
-HBK v Angle WrestleMania
- Shane McMahon vs Angle in one of the wildest matches during that era.
- Rock v Taker v Rock is one od the greatest triple threats in WWE history.

BUT YALL TELLING ME CHI AINT TROLLING UNDER THE BRIDGE!?!?? Lol

Much like HBK, Angle legacy is the matches he put on that are in most people top 20 of all time.
The spots in that Shane match were crazy. The suplex thru the glass display on stage. CRAZY

Back