Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Here are a few news items regarding last week’s WWE NXT releases via Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com

* Malcolm Bivens had reportedly been considered for the role of Omos’ manager at one point until WWE decided to go with MVP.

* News of Dakota Kai’s release was said to have gotten a lot of “private negative feedback” from women within WWE as she was “very well respected” as a worker. Prior to her being cut, Kai was said to have been offered a new contract but she made a decision to not sign it as she didn’t see a future with the company.

* With Samuel Shaw (Dexter Lumis) being 38 years old, the belief is that age was a factor in WWE’s decision to cut him. The company has been focused on pushing younger athletes in recent months.

“A lot of people want to know, ‘Malcolm, what happened?’ You know what they say, there are three sides to a story. Your side, the truth, and their side. So I gotta be real, I have to…I hate to say I have to control my narrative….Here’s the truth, there are a lot of rumors, a lot of speculation. Was I offered a contract in February? Yes. Did I say no to said contract? Yes. Was I offered to be with Omos? No. No one said a word to me about managing Omos. Was I told about the main roster? Yes. And people, they think I’m crazy, ‘Malcolm, you threw away millions, potentially, you walked away.’ Yeah. I did because I didn’t want to do it anymore. Unfortunately, I wasn’t happy. At Stand & Deliver, I had a conversation with the head writer and I told him so. Two weeks ago, I said the same thing, I told him, ‘I don’t think this was for me.’ That’s okay. Your happiness is not dictated by what people say you should do, happiness is dictated by what you think you should do. There’s a difference right?” (quote courtesy of WrestlingNews.co)

They can't keep using budget cuts as the reason for releasing people when the company pulling in that much
Why not?

wwf-life-sucks.gif

“A lot of people want to know, ‘Malcolm, what happened?’ You know what they say, there are three sides to a story. Your side, the truth, and their side. So I gotta be real, I have to…I hate to say I have to control my narrative….Here’s the truth, there are a lot of rumors, a lot of speculation. Was I offered a contract in February? Yes. Did I say no to said contract? Yes. Was I offered to be with Omos? No. No one said a word to me about managing Omos. Was I told about the main roster? Yes. And people, they think I’m crazy, ‘Malcolm, you threw away millions, potentially, you walked away.’ Yeah. I did because I didn’t want to do it anymore. Unfortunately, I wasn’t happy. At Stand & Deliver, I had a conversation with the head writer and I told him so. Two weeks ago, I said the same thing, I told him, ‘I don’t think this was for me.’ That’s okay. Your happiness is not dictated by what people say you should do, happiness is dictated by what you think you should do. There’s a difference right?” (quote courtesy of WrestlingNews.co)
i'm happy for Bivens tbh.

1651890881226.gif

Crazy. Tbh, AEW needs a legit mid-card championship the TNT Title is cool but imo, it really a TV Title. Idk how Tony Khan would go about introducing a mid-card title though.
he will probably make another "huge announcement" in the next few weeks to get more ratings.

Back