Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Gunther has gone through a dramatic body transformation over the past year. He estimates he has lost 45-55 pounds. Gunther says no one at WWE pressured him to lose weight, but he felt it was something he had to do to improve his standing in the company.

“It was completely my own initiative,” Gunther told Sport1 in Germany. “For me, it was quite clear — if I want to take the next big step, I have to present more for the general public. Personally, I’ve always been a big fan of old-school Japanese wrestlers who still had a belly and looked like you’d imagine a butcher. Emulating such idols worked for me also because up to now, I’ve been there for the, let’s call it, hardcore wrestling audience.

“In the WWE main roster, however, the conditions are different,” Gunther continued. “You are on a global stage, in the mainstream. From my point of view, you have to present yourself differently. And I prepared well for that in the months leading up to my move to the USA. […] Honestly, no one can tell me that anyone who happens to turn on the TV wouldn’t think I was better and more believable the way I looked before than I do now.”

I dont know man... nigga put young Roman on his show and had spoofed his "acknowledge me" line. All while saying they'll have to fight at mania one day

plus Roman just called him out in London apparently? I didnt see the clip but saw it floating around
Roman needs a win over the Rock to cement his legacy...... there is only 2 things to stop the match from happening
1) The Rock's asking price........Vince will have to backup the Brinks truck to pay him a record amount for a WM main event
2) Rock's movie schedule
Rock will def go into the hof this year but the other 2 factors i've just mentioned will have to be ironed out months in advance to pull this off.

Got rid of his wife, his buddies left and now his manager is gone, we all know where he's going. SMH

If I were him I would just sit at home until his contract runs out. Vince isn't going to do shit w/Roderick Strong on the main roster but have him look like a joke anyways. Look at what's happening w/LA Knight on the house shows.

Booker is a stooge. Certified goof as he gets older.
Booker trips at times on his podcast i agree... but Booker as a black man has been
1)6x world champion
2)2x wwe hofer
3) owns his own wrestling promotion that has it's own tv deal
4) married to a beauty queen who is also a wwe hofer
5) Booker is loyal to wwe & has made moves in retirement to put his family in a position to eat very well & to that i applaud him....... i hope more AA wrestlers will follow his lead if they save their money well when they retire & want to trasition to the buisness side of wrestling.

A new AEW show is coming to TBS! We want to know what you think this new show should be named in the below survey.

This is your chance to voice your opinion on a key part of the the development & marketing process and we’re excited to hear what you have to say!

Below is a brief description of the new show.

AEW’s top performers are ushering in a new behind-the-scenes wrestling series like no other… Every episode will track our core cast on the road at AEW events as they try to hold onto the titles they have or win back the ones they’ve lost, with everything culminating at the biggest Pay-Per-View event of the year. They all hope to walk away champions, but there aren’t enough belts for everybody. Heroes will rise, villains will fall, champions will be crowned… and with more access, more star talent, and more drama than ever before, we’ll see it all through the eyes of the biggest names in the company.

As you may know, TV networks often consider different titles for their TV series. We would like to ask you about a few potential titles for the upcoming season and get your opinions on them.

How much do you like each of the potential names for the this new AEW show?

• AEW: FRIENDS AND ENEMIES

• AEW: FIGHT TO THE FINISH

• AEW: TO THE MAT

• AEW: TO THE TOP

• AEW: ROAD TO THE BELT

• AEW: BREAKOUT

• AEW: GRIT AND GLORY

• AEW: All Access

• AEW: THE CLIMB

• AEW: ON THE ROPES

• AEW: UPRISE

A new AEW show is coming to TBS! We want to know what you think this new show should be named in the below survey.

This is your chance to voice your opinion on a key part of the the development & marketing process and we’re excited to hear what you have to say!

AEW’s top performers are ushering in a new behind-the-scenes wrestling series like no other… Every episode will track our core cast on the road at AEW events as they try to hold onto the titles they have or win back the ones they’ve lost, with everything culminating at the biggest Pay-Per-View event of the year. They all hope to walk away champions, but there aren’t enough belts for everybody. Heroes will rise, villains will fall, champions will be crowned… and with more access, more star talent, and more drama than ever before, we’ll see it all through the eyes of the biggest names in the company.

As you may know, TV networks often consider different titles for their TV series. We would like to ask you about a few potential titles for the upcoming season and get your opinions on them.

AEW: TO THE MAT

AEW: ON THE ROPES

The bolded is my two picks

Booker trips at times on his podcast i agree... but Booker as a black man has been
1)6x world champion
2)2x wwe hofer
3) owns his own wrestling promotion that has it's own tv deal
4) married to a beauty queen who is also a wwe hofer
5) Booker is loyal to wwe & has made moves in retirement to put his family in a position to eat very well & to that i applaud him....... i hope more AA wrestlers will follow his lead if they save their money well when they retire & want to trasition to the buisness side of wrestling.
Thats cool and all but my point still stands. He is a certified goof. I respect his career and always been a Booker T fan but this past decade he just being the best company stooge possible and has the worst wrestling takes of all time.

Sidenote you should check out his A&E biography, good stuff.

Last edited:

• AEW: TO THE MAT

• AEW: ON THE ROPES

Fight To The Finish for sure. It makes sense with the shows theme

Yeah this ain’t about Rock getting the title, or even the title shot (if it happens) itself… it’s about the bloodline…family ties…being the “greatest” etc… it writes itself. Title or no title… but of course marketing wise, title shot, will be huge for the ‘entertainment’ part. It’s happening, too many hints

After spending two years with Evolution, Orton became the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history which led to a babyface push that ultimately failed. Bruce Prichard spoke about the mistake WWE made at the time and why he believes Orton should’ve stayed with Evolution for a while after winning the title.

“In hindsight, it was too soon,” Prichard said. “I would’ve loved to have Randy have a run as the heel champion with Evolution behind him and continuing to help him stay champion for a while so that you build that up even more. Evolution’s in control with Randy Orton as the champion and then Evolution would have the argument that we made you champion, we kept you champion and now it’s time for you to do the right thing and let [Triple H] be the champion. Hindsight I wish we would’ve run with it a little bit longer instead of going right into Hunter and Randy and turning Randy. I think Randy still needed a little more time on the heel side for people to truly accept him as a babyface.”

Back