Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

It either gotta be the cash...or more creative control. Or promise of a lengthy title reign. B/c he was unhappy when he was there...shyt ain't change

its definitely the money but I dont see him signing just to be at the low end of the card again either.

Hes made a bigger name for himself since he left WWE so IF hes coming back then its for a spot towards the top of the card (Look at Drew Mc)

Do i think he gets thrown into main event right away? Nah.. but I dont see him just being a random mid carder again either.

Cody ain't a main event player like that, and Idk how WWE would be able to present him as one either.

But fuck it, just do a bullet club stable with cody, aj, and Finn. Not like the other guys are doing anything otherwise

It appears WWE's 205 Live series has come to an end, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The series, originally designed to feature the Cruiserweight Division, debuted 11/29/16 on the WWE Network on Tuesdays before eventually being moved to Fridays, is no more. The decision was made official earlier this week but had been in the works for some time.

Instead of 205 Live, WWE are slated to tape the first episode of NXT: Level Up prior to tonight's NXT Vengeance Day live broadcast in Orlando, Florida at the WWE Performance Center. We are told the episode is slated to be 60 minutes long.

WWE has not yet made an official announcement about the end of the 205 Live series.

At one point, WWE intended for the 205 Live brand to be turned into a touring brand, but those plans were scuttled after just one weekend of events. It is another example of a Triple H concept being wiped off the WWE board, although the series had long morphed away from its original concept.

WWE filed for a trademark on the NXT: Level Up series on 2/9.

I just read it. This part tho...

"also create the perception that the tide is turning against AEW and back towards WWE."

View attachment 769479

Yeah if WWE think this gonna start a tidewave of wrestlers to come to the E...they sadly mistaken.

"riight"

Cody Rhodes just showed you that money talks...

im not expecting a lot of people to start jumping around cause of this but he wont be the last one to leave AEW and entertain an offer from WWE.

its gonna be people jumping from both sides not just one

"riight"

Cody Rhodes just showed you that money talks...

im not expecting a lot of people to start jumping around cause of this but he wont be the last one to leave AEW and entertain an offer from WWE.

its gonna be people jumping from both sides not just one

Drip...yes

Tidalwave...no

Yeah you've had folks come back...only to be mid'd out. WWE has proven that time and time again. It's fools gold.

I think Cody wants to secure his legacy like his dad. With all the big names AEW has its crazy a guy like Cody is expendable but he probably also sees it as a shot to have a main event run AT WWE or a better ending to his WWE career and with everybody going to AEW the pool for WWE maint event is more shallow then ever and easier for that type of run to take place.

And WWE should put him directly into a big spot match at Mania.

I think Cody wants to secure his legacy like his dad. With all the big names AEW has its crazy a guy like Cody is expendable but he probably also sees it as a shot to have a main event run or a better ending to his WWE career and with everybody going to AEW the pool for WWE maint event is more shallow then ever and easier for that type of run to take place.

I mean this makes sense. But again...I don't trust WWE doing right by him.

They'll give him a good run for bit. Then...drift him off to the island of mids.

If Cody comes back they could plug him into a spot with Seth for WM cause as it stands it don’t look like they have any plans for Seth especially if they doin this KO-Austin thing
I would love to see Seth vs Cody. Both have put on some of the better wrestling matches of the past few years.

If Cody comes back they could plug him into a spot with Seth for WM cause as it stands it don’t look like they have any plans for Seth especially if they doin this KO-Austin thing

this is wht I was gonna say earlier.

and thats where I see him positioned at on the card if he does come back.

not as a mid carder but in the same tier with guys like Rollins, Owens, Riddle & Orton. Meaning he not a constant in the main event picture but just right below it. Which aint a bad position to be in because if they ever wanted to give him a shot at the strap then they could just elevate him up there by having him go over 1 of the other guys mentioned

Back