Official Wrestling News Thread

I don't know how much leeway the wrestlers have in NXT with their promo's but on the main roster you have corny white guys dictating what Street Profits be saying it comes off corny to the black audience

I don't know how much leeway the wrestlers have in NXT with their promo's but on the main roster you have corny white guys dictating what Street Profits be saying it comes off corny to the black audience
Them boys ain't really do much of anything on NXT cus they were used like every other 5 shows then all of a sudden they were challenging for the titles. They really ain't cook much in NXT and it def shows. They green in the ring still.

• Cap
Reactions: already home_17
I mean if yall want everybody to stay in NXT that's cool with me because eventually it will get too crowded, people will get upset bot being used and then boom....

They on TNT. Can only hope a few of those guys do.

• Cap
Reactions: TonyDubbz
I mean if yall want everybody to stay in NXT that's cool with me because eventually it will get too crowded, people will get upset bot being used and then boom....

They on TNT. Can only hope a few of those guys do.

Theres other brands they can go to not named RAW or SD. They got NXT UK, 205 Live, and Evolve as basically a sister company... even tho they haven't said shit about it i feel like they'll be working together a whole lot more since their cards stay having NXT talent competing now.

I also dont see AEW signing many talents from NXT either. They already said they dont wanna have an overflow of talent, but if they do it'll be cool. Like I said they can have the Aliyahs and Kona Reeves if they want em. Put they asses on Dark

And theres some folks who i dont mind getting called up to RAW and SD its just certain ones who you can tell will get lost in the shuffle or be booked badly.

Theres other brands they can go to not named RAW or SD. They got NXT UK, 205 Live, and Evolve as basically a sister company... even tho they haven't said shit about it i feel like they'll be working together a whole lot more since their cards stay having NXT talent competing now.

I also dont see AEW signing many talents from NXT either. They already said they dont wanna have an overflow of talent, but if they do it'll be cool. Like I said they can have the Aliyahs and Kona Reeves if they want em. Put they asses on Dark

And theres some folks who i dont mind getting called up to RAW and SD its just certain ones who you can tell will get lost in the shuffle or be booked badly.
Ciampa would be a dope one to move to TNT in 3-4 years if he does all he wants to do in NXT since his whole thing is he dont want to go to the main brand. NXT will look completely different in 2 years anyway.

Evolve like a mini indie thing new up and comers comes to get their feet wet and NXT stars dropped in once in a while to help fill seats and talk to talent and also snatch up no names like my boy who just got signed to NXT who was the champion. Ain't nobody going go to Evolve full time once reaching NXT and is a star unless they want to go back to wrestling inside the boys and girls club and salvation army centers . . Evolve barely getting by as it is, they having financial issues and that's with the NXT partnership. WWE just uses the company to scout talent. But still a fun experience if they are ever in town to see, real friendly meet and greet atmosphere.

Last edited:
Ciampa would be a dope one to move to TNT in 3-4 years if he does all he wants to do in NXT since his whole thing is he dont want to go to the main brand. NXT will look completely different in 2 years anyway.

Evolve like a mini indie thing new up and comers comes to get their feet wet and NXT stars dropped in once in a while to help fill seats and talk to talent and also snatch up no names like my boy who just got signed to NXT who was the champion. Ain't nobody going go to Evolve full time once reaching NXT and is a star unless they want to go back to wrestling inside the boys and girls club and salvation army centers . . Evolve barely getting by as it is, they having financial issues and that's with the NXT partnership. WWE just uses the company to scout talent. But still a fun experience if they are ever in town to see, real friendly meet and greet atmosphere.

Yea, Ciampa dont wanna go to the main roster at all. If he were to ever get tired of being in NXT they would be smart to snatch him up. I know that if he didn't say that about not wanting to leave NXT they would of called him up and ruined him by now. I think about what Alister and Ricochet are doing on the main roster (basically nothing) and that shit pisses me off.

i think i've only watched like 2 of those evolve shows. The 1 on the network and another one but it does look like they be in a gym or some shit. I forgot all about that.

WWE sent out the following press release:

WWE® Announces Management Transition

STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that Co-Presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson will depart the company, effective immediately, and will no longer serve on its Board of Directors.

Frank A. Riddick III, who has served as a member of WWE’s Board of Directors for more than 11 years, has been named interim Chief Financial Officer, reporting to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. WWE has commenced a search for both a permanent Chief Financial Officer and Chief Revenue Officer.

WWE remains well positioned to continue its growth and operate effectively against its strategic priorities, including content creation and distribution, digitization, and localizationin key markets around the world. The Company expects its full year 2019 Adjusted OIBDA to be approximately $180 million.

“I would like to thank George and Michelle for their 10+ years of service and contributions to the organization,” said McMahon. “I am grateful for all that was accomplished during their tenure, but the Board and I decided a change was necessary as we have different views on how best to achieve our strategic priorities moving forward.

“We have a deep team of talented, experienced and committed executives across the organization, and the Board and I have great confidence in our collective abilities to create compelling content, engage our global fanbase across platforms, increase revenues, and drive shareholder value.”

Riddick previously served as CEO for FloWorks International, LLC, JMC Steel Group, Formica Corporation, and Triangle Pacific Corp., and President/COO of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. He has also served in executive management positions, including Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Treasurer, and Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions during a career that spans 40 years. Riddick also served as Compensation Committee Chairman and member of the Audit Committee as a part of WWE’s Board of Directors.

By Mike Johnson on 2020-01-31 09:33:00
Perhaps the most shocking World Wrestling Entertainment news of the last year came yesterday with the announcement that WWE Co-Presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson had been bounced out of power and would be leaving the company.
After all, they were part of the WWE team who were in the room where it happened - something Vince McMahon was not - when the company struck their milestone FOX TV deal and now, just a few months after WWE Friday Night Smackdown migrated there, Barrios and Wilson are each departing the company.
The importance of that departure cannot be understated. Until yesterday, should something unforeseen have happened to Vince McMahon where he could not run WWE, Wilson and Barrios would have been tasked with that responsibility of that from a corporate perspective. Triple H would have run the creative, but the business, corporate side would have fallen on Barrios and Wilson's shoulders. They were the number two and three most important employees of the company, right under Vince McMahon. The only way this could have been a bigger departure is if every McMahon left WWE at once.
Yesterday’s announcement came in a fashion so dramatic that it may as well have been a plot twist on Raw. Wall Street’s response: WWE’s stock took a post-stock market closing nosedive of over 24%, bringing the company to the point its stock will open today at just a little over $45, its lowest number in 18 months. Investors don’t like turmoil and it remains to be seen what happens today as the market opens.
WWE making the move with a week to go before they reveal the fourth quarter and complete earnings for 2019 makes it clear that Vince McMahon wasn’t happy with how things were heading for the company and that he felt it was time for a change. There's a very small circle who know exactly what went down and chances are that the full view of how it transpired won't be known for a long time, especially with corporate non-disclosures and severance packages factored in.
While there has been some conspiracy theories about the exit of Barrios and Wilson (which we will touch upon below), we are told that the primary reason they are gone is that McMahon and his Co-Presidents had completely different visions as to how the company could generate revenue, new and existing, going forward and as one staffer joked, “It’s never going to be Vince who loses that argument.”
“I would like to thank George and Michelle for their 10+ years of service and contributions to the organization,” said McMahon in a statement released as close to the end of the workday as possible yesterday. “I am grateful for all that was accomplished during their tenure, but the Board and I decided a change was necessary as we have different views on how best to achieve our strategic priorities moving forward. We have a deep team of talented, experienced and committed executives across the organization, and the Board and I have great confidence in our collective abilities to create compelling content, engage our global fanbase across platforms, increase revenues, and drive shareholder value.”
PWInsider.com is told that an internal announcement released by the company to its employees was even more direct, alluding to irreconcilable differences in the company’s strategic priorities. Barrios and Wilson had one vision and Vince McMahon had another. Vince’s vision will always win. He’s Vince McMahon. The end.
Within WWE, the reaction among employees we have spoken to was pretty much complete shock. If there was something brewing that was leading to yesterday’s ouster, it was kept extremely quiet and was not something being spoken about openly within WWE’s Stamford offices. Given that the news wasn’t held for the weekend (when most companies would dump negative news, hoping it’s forgotten by the time the work week begins) and was announced out of nowhere, that would be an indication that something happened that led to an immediate blowup and departure.
One WWE employee, speaking under condition of anonymity, stated that when the news was announced internally, all work that they were aware of pretty much “ground to a halt” as everyone was stunned by the news. Another staffer claimed it was the most shocking day they could remember since “that horrible day in 2007”, a day where WWE fired 10% of its workforce.
There was a lot of feelings of “what happens now” with projects and strategies that were already underway, including the planned tiered launch of the WWE Network that had been earmarked for the first quarter of 2020. Others, however, tempered that worry, noting that if the company “lived on” after Linda McMahon left and Shane McMahon’s 2009 resignation from the company, that the “machine” that is WWE won’t stop for anyone’s departure.
As with everything in professional wrestling, there have been some interesting conspiracy theories floated in the last day, none of which, PWInsider.com are told are true.
Shot down theories include a story that Wilson and Barrios were pushing for a WWE sale to a larger corporation (think a FOX or a Disney) which Vince McMahon was against. Another story passed around was that this is due to some sort of fallout of the pair pushing back against the relaunch of the XFL, which would be silly, given that Wilson worked on the original incarnation of the football league as Vice President of Integrated Marketing and that the time period to actually push against it wouldn’t be within days of the league’s official relaunch next week.
The reality of the departures is that working for Vince McMahon is an extremely hard job, one that is nearly impossible if he’s personally aware of your work and not happy with your results. There are a long line of executives who have risen in WWE’s ranks over the years and once they are in a position to report directly to McMahon, the clock began ticking on their tenure. It’s an unenviable position inside a pressure cooker if McMahon isn’t happy. This was the latest example. It just turned out to be a shocking one, because of who the departed were.
A number of entertainment industry trade publications have pointed to the early success of All Elite Wrestling, that subscription numbers for the WWE Network have plateaued and that the FOX deal, which a massive moneymaker for the company, has seen viewership numbers that aren’t all that far off from where the series was on cable as reasoning for the exits of Barrios and Wilson. While certainly those may be factors, at the end of the day, it comes down to Vince McMahon having expectations and a vision as to how those expectations are to be met. It doesn’t matter if you are a wrestler getting a big push or an executive who is poring over data. If McMahon doesn’t have his expectations met, it’s a just a matter of time before the guillotine falls. With WWE's reducing their financial guidance for the year, Barrios and Wilson ended up under it.
Barrios had been with WWE for close to 12 years, coming over from The New York Times. He had been the leading voice during WWE stockholder conference calls and regularly made appearances at financial talks and gatherings to tout WWE’s importance as a global, multi-media beast. He was very much the face of the financial and corporate side of the company.
Wilson had been with the company for a little over 11 years, having come over after a seven-year-plus run as the Chief Marketing Officer for the United States Tennis Association. She was extremely involved with changing the perception of the company among advertisers over the last decade, bringing big money advertisers to the fold.
While each had their quirks, both were well liked within WWE and thought of as a calming presence against the larger than life personality that is Vince McMahon, especially within a media landscape that is changing faster than ever before.
The belief is that each will leave the company with a nice seven figure severance package.
When WWE holds its earnings call on Thursday 2/6 for the financial media, it will be the first time in memory that Barrios and Wilson won’t be in the lead position fielding answers. In fact, their departure and the state of World Wrestling Entertainment in the wake of their exit may be the most fascinating questions to be asked. The only question that could be more fascinating is this: if the pair that helped bring WWE to their greatest TV rights fees ever didn’t have the vision for the future, what IS the right vision going forward?

Yeah I just read one of the former employees at corporate spilled beans that alot of the employees there were upset because the parking there was hard to come by and the parking deck was too small so they asked can they upgrade the deck and Barrios told them they thought about it but decided to buy a new jet for the board of directors instead. He said that's the type of guy Barrios was.

• Ether
The Revival are reportedly ready to move on from WWE after turning down deals worth said to be higher than the $700,000 per year.

Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net reports that Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder were offered new deals that were for more than The OC (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) signed for, which is reportedly $700,000 (each) per year. According to Haynes, he was told Dawson & Wilder are “just ready to go.”

Haynes goes on to report that WWE has made "quite a few" offers to The Revival and that the two sides have gone back and forth. Fightful Select reported on Jan. 10 that WWE had offers of reduced dates as well.

Dawson's contract is reportedly set to expire in April while Wilder's deal is up in June. WWE added extra time to Wilder's contract due to injury time missed.

Earlier on Friday, Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live reported The Revival asked for their release at some point last week. Fightful was able to confirm the report.

• Goat
Reactions: silverfoxx
The Revival are reportedly ready to move on from WWE after turning down deals worth said to be higher than the $700,000 per year.

Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net reports that Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder were offered new deals that were for more than The OC (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) signed for, which is reportedly $700,000 (each) per year. According to Haynes, he was told Dawson & Wilder are “just ready to go.”

Haynes goes on to report that WWE has made "quite a few" offers to The Revival and that the two sides have gone back and forth. Fightful Select reported on Jan. 10 that WWE had offers of reduced dates as well.

Dawson's contract is reportedly set to expire in April while Wilder's deal is up in June. WWE added extra time to Wilder's contract due to injury time missed.

Earlier on Friday, Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live reported The Revival asked for their release at some point last week. Fightful was able to confirm the report.
They about to cut up this summer in AEW.

Reactions: silverfoxx

good
the revival is a good ass tag team. an actual tag team. i wish i could say i can’t believe wwe fucked this up but i’d be lying

With Revival signing along with the other stacked teams in AEW , they probably will have the best tag team division in all promotions by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farris2k1
good
the revival is a good ass tag team. an actual tag team. i wish i could say i can’t believe wwe fucked this up but i’d be lying

Its crazy how they've held onto them only to not push them.I remember when they first wanted to get released and it was denied. I was thinking it was done cause actually had plans for them but hell na, might as well let em go