Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com provided the following update regarding Samoa Joe's apparent injury on WWE RAW:

“The belief is that Joe has a concussion which is obviously not a good thing. That’s not 100%, but that was the belief a couple of hours ago. A concussion is the kind of unpredictable injury where you know he could be back next Monday or he could be back in six months you just don’t know. So, yeah that’s the situation he landed on his head and got a concussion.”

Meltzer also discussed the report from ProWrestlingSheet.comthat Andrade was suspended by WWE for violating the company's Wellness policy:

“Andrade is suspended that’s why they did the angle tonight where Humberto Carrillo DDT’ed him on the concrete to explain him being out for the 30 days and the decision was made — it was a Paul Heyman decision — to keep the title on Andrade. The usual protocol would be for him to lose the title as well, but Heyman is very high on Andrade and felt it was too early to put the title on Carrillo.”

Nah I don't agree with that if you hold a title in the company and get caught you should be stripped as well. I remember they did this with Rey Mysterio/John Morrison back in the day.

Last edited:
Prior to the men’s Royal Rumble matchup on Sunday, a story surfaced claiming that WWE champion Brock Lesnar and NXT superstar Matt Riddle got into a backstage verbal altercation that was referred to as a tense stand-off. Riddle was supposedly punished for this action by having a very short showing in the Rumble matchup.

Now according to Talk Sport, more details of the incident have emerged. WWE officials on-site stated that Lesnar approached Riddle backstage, grabbed his shoulder so that he would get his attention and stated, “Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in sh*t because you and I will never work together. Ever.” Reports are that Riddle remained his usual cool self during the exchange, with tensions never raising particularly high. He did try talking with Lesnar, but the Beast said what he had to say and kept it moving. The King of Bros had been publicly stating on social media that he hopes to one day retire Lesnar.

Riddle’s performance in the Rumble was also NOT a punishment, and him getting tossed by Baron Corbin early on was how things were normally scripted to go down. The Wrestling Observer noted that Riddle’s short stint was due to having heat, but it’s not certain if that heat was from Lesnar, nor is it confirmed.

Prior to the men’s Royal Rumble matchup on Sunday, a story surfaced claiming that WWE champion Brock Lesnar and NXT superstar Matt Riddle got into a backstage verbal altercation that was referred to as a tense stand-off. Riddle was supposedly punished for this action by having a very short showing in the Rumble matchup.

Now according to Talk Sport, more details of the incident have emerged. WWE officials on-site stated that Lesnar approached Riddle backstage, grabbed his shoulder so that he would get his attention and stated, “Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in sh*t because you and I will never work together. Ever.” Reports are that Riddle remained his usual cool self during the exchange, with tensions never raising particularly high. He did try talking with Lesnar, but the Beast said what he had to say and kept it moving. The King of Bros had been publicly stating on social media that he hopes to one day retire Lesnar.

Riddle’s performance in the Rumble was also NOT a punishment, and him getting tossed by Baron Corbin early on was how things were normally scripted to go down. The Wrestling Observer noted that Riddle’s short stint was due to having heat, but it’s not certain if that heat was from Lesnar, nor is it confirmed.

Well Matt Riddle's first trip to the main roster isn't starting off great. I could see Brock shittin on him b/c of all the trollin' stuff he's done to Goldberg.

No matter what Charlotte does yall bitch. It will be alright, Rhea I'm sure is stoked to be in this position with Charlotte.

Rhea will probably go over in that match and she should if it happens

I like Charlotte the performer but shes already done just about everything in such a short period of time

Shes already main evented mania, has the most womens title reigns and all types of other shit. So her elevating someone else at Mania won't hurt her legacy and thats what it should be.

The division cant revolve around the 4 horse women forever. So Ripley vs Charlotte is a smart move if thats what they go with

I like Charlotte the performer but shes already done just about everything in such a short period of time

Shes already main evented mania, has the most womens title reigns and all types of other shit. So her elevating someone else at Mania won't hurt her legacy and thats what it should be.

The division cant revolve around the 4 horse women forever. So Ripley vs Charlotte is a smart move if thats what they go with
Exactly, great person to put Rhea over.

poor Rhea
this is stupid

Not really...
It's a fresh opponent for Charlotte with an easy story that could be told if they wanted to wait a few weeks.

Have Rhea successfully defend the title at Takeover after the match Charlotte comes out and announces she's challenging for her title at WrestleMania. Keep Charlotte on RAW while she occasionally shows up on NXT. Have her beat a few ppl in the NXT Women's Division have her taunt Rhea throughout the weeks heading into Mania on some "NXT is my house shit".

WrestleMania: Charlotte vs Rhea. Rhea goes over Charlotte. Rhea successfully defends the title becomes a STAR.

Creative and Vince will have 3 money-making matches with the Women at WrestleMania.

SD Women's Title: Bayley/Sasha
RAW Women's Title: Becky/Shayna
NXT Women's Title: Charlotte/Rhea

I can see Bayley vs Sasha on the kick-off show though.

Not really...
It's a fresh opponent for Charlotte with an easy story that could be told if they wanted to wait a few weeks.

Have Rhea successfully defend the title at Takeover after the match Charlotte comes out and announces she's challenging for her title at WrestleMania. Keep Charlotte on RAW while she occasionally shows up on NXT. Have her beat a few ppl in the NXT Women's Division have her taunt Rhea throughout the weeks heading into Mania on some "NXT is my house shit".

WrestleMania: Charlotte vs Rhea. Rhea goes over Charlotte. Rhea successfully defends the title becomes a STAR.

This isn’t happening and y’all know it lol

This isn’t happening and y’all know it lol

Why wont it?

I get that its WWE and they be fucking up w/ shit like this but man, i dont know

I really cant see them putting Charlotte over her if they fight. They have absolutely no reason to and why would they? that would mean Charlotte would have to be on NXT going forward and u know good and damn well they not about to move her from the main roster. Especially with her and Andrade both on RAW

Yeah they not going to crown Charlotte NXT champion, this is literally to build Ripley up and give Charlotte something important to do for Mania. I know its WWE but I believe this was a Triple H move.

Why wont it?

I get that its WWE and they be fucking up w/ shit like this but man, i dont know

I really cant see them putting Charlotte over her if they fight. They have absolutely no reason to and why would they? that would mean Charlotte would have to be on NXT going forward and u know good and damn well they not about to move her from the main roster. Especially with her and Andrade both on RAW

Charlotte didn’t have to win the rumble
Charlotte didn’t need to be inserted into the women’s main event at WM
Charlotte didn’t need to be inserted into the women’s title match at summerslam 2018 (although this ultimately worked in becky’s favor)
Charlotte didn’t need to end Asuka’s streak at WM, especially since she was dropping the title just two days later

but It’s Charlotte. that’s all the reason WWE needs

Charlotte didn’t need to be inserted into the women’s title match at summerslam 2018 (although this ultimately worked in becky’s favor)
Charlotte didn’t need to end Asuka’s streak at WM, especially since she was dropping the title just two days later

Ehh I'll say she didnt need to beat Auska, but everything else was fine. You just dont like Charlotte which is fair. That's how I feel about Boring Reigns.

Just find it funny we act like WWE aint been doing this over 3 decades with their top stars they are invested in.

I feel you bruh. I'm just hoping u wrong. I'll legit be pissed if they do that shit n put her over

Back