Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

He bout to fuck Lesnar up

he aint ever faced nobody that big who wrestles like a lucha lmao that shit could be funny

unless they book it more like a MMA fight or some shit

- The 2nd edition of Friday Night Smackdown on FOX saw a huge decline in viewership from last week's premiere. This week's show, built around the WWE Draft, drew 2.898 million viewers which was almost a full million viewers drop from last week's 3.869 million viewers. While the overall viewership drop was around 25%, Smackdown still did well in the 18-49 demo with a 0.95 rating.

- The 2nd edition of Friday Night Smackdown on FOX saw a huge decline in viewership from last week's premiere. This week's show, built around the WWE Draft, drew 2.898 million viewers which was almost a full million viewers drop from last week's 3.869 million viewers. While the overall viewership drop was around 25%, Smackdown still did well in the 18-49 demo with a 0.95 rating.
Lol damn, still good numbers but that's alot to drop from.

It will get worse, just wait

Does anybody know how the deal works? Like can Fox cancel Smackdown out of nowhere like they do their shows or how would it work if Fox got nervous and wanted to back out?
It will get worse, just wait

I don't know the actual specifics behind the FOX deal for Smackdown but I assume since execs put their money on the table they probably have an opt-out clause to back out at some point if Smackdown's ratings end up hitting consistent lows.

If Smackdown getting canned by FOX were to happen, it's an L on both sides of the table. Financially, FOX would have wasted a billion on WWE programming and Vince would have to take Smackdown back to USA or find a new network for the show.

I really would like to see both SD & RAW get better in terms of writing & in-ring quality b/c NXT and the Takeover PPVs are the only thing that has WWE still sitting at the top. I hope after this week the brand extension revival is taken seriously otherwise it's gone be the same ol shit.

WWE.com posted the following additional roster moves were made in the 2019 Draft:

Night 1 of the WWE Draft is in the books, but the picks are far from over.

Raw and SmackDown continued their selections, with Apollo Crews among SmackDown’s draft picks, while Raw’s choices included EC3.

SmackDown also added former NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak, Heath Slater and Tamina, and added to its Tag Team division with The B-Team.

Additional picks for Raw included Eric Young and Sin Cara.

Night 1 of the WWE Draft was highlighted by the red brand’s selection of Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch first overall, while SmackDown took Roman Reigns with its first pick.

The Man will kick off Night 2 of the draft on Raw when she takes on Sasha Banks — who was selected by SmackDown on Friday — with Monday night’s first selection on the line.

Additional WWE Draft picks
Apollo Crews — SmackDown
Drew Gulak — SmackDown
EC3 — Raw
Eric Young — Raw
Heath Slater — SmackDown
Sin Cara — Raw
Tamina — SmackDown
The B-Team — SmackDown

WWE star Mike Kanellis posted the following on Twitter:

"Today I asked for my release from WWE. I want to thank everyone in the company who has helped me out and who I have shared a locker room with. I love you all. I’ve been with the company for almost 3 years and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity. However it is time for me to move on. I am only 34 years old and feel I have way to much left in the tank. Working 1 day a week is just not going to cut it for me. I came to WWE to work and that opportunity does not exist right now. I re-signed with the company back in June because I thought it was what was best for my family, and maybe from a financialstandpoint it was. But I quickly realized that bringing my work frustrations and misery home with me, is not good for my family and I no longer want my daughter to constantly see me come home defeated, sad and angry. It’s not fair to her or my wife. Being a pro wrestler was and is my lifelong dream and I’m just not ready to give that up yet. I wasted 4 years of my life addicted to drugs and not caring, when I should have been having the best matches of my life. Now that I am clean, sober and motivated, I want to have those 30 minute matches. I want to travel the world and wrestle in front of UK crowds, German crowds, Japanese Crowds. I want to feel the love and excitement wrestling once gave me. I also want my daughter to be able to see me wrestle. I want her to see her daddy work for his money. I’ve never been ok with just collecting a paycheck and I can’t in good conscience tell my daughter she has to work her ass off to get ahead in life, then not do it myself. I don’t know what the future holds, but for the first time in a long time, I’m hopeful and excited. Thank you to everyone who has ever supported me and had my back. I love you."

WWE star Mike Kanellis posted the following on Twitter:

"Today I asked for my release from WWE. I want to thank everyone in the company who has helped me out and who I have shared a locker room with. I love you all. I’ve been with the company for almost 3 years and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity. However it is time for me to move on. I am only 34 years old and feel I have way to much left in the tank. Working 1 day a week is just not going to cut it for me. I came to WWE to work and that opportunity does not exist right now. I re-signed with the company back in June because I thought it was what was best for my family, and maybe from a financialstandpoint it was. But I quickly realized that bringing my work frustrations and misery home with me, is not good for my family and I no longer want my daughter to constantly see me come home defeated, sad and angry. It’s not fair to her or my wife. Being a pro wrestler was and is my lifelong dream and I’m just not ready to give that up yet. I wasted 4 years of my life addicted to drugs and not caring, when I should have been having the best matches of my life. Now that I am clean, sober and motivated, I want to have those 30 minute matches. I want to travel the world and wrestle in front of UK crowds, German crowds, Japanese Crowds. I want to feel the love and excitement wrestling once gave me. I also want my daughter to be able to see me wrestle. I want her to see her daddy work for his money. I’ve never been ok with just collecting a paycheck and I can’t in good conscience tell my daughter she has to work her ass off to get ahead in life, then not do it myself. I don’t know what the future holds, but for the first time in a long time, I’m hopeful and excited. Thank you to everyone who has ever supported me and had my back. I love you."

Have no sympathy for dude, money ain't worth your self respect. Vince is really going to go all out with the cuckold story now

Think about it: he and his wife had their first child while working for wwe and she obviously got the time off for the most part. He went to their rehab program since he’s now a wwe employee. They’re getting paid like 6 figures and now you want out? Yea I wouldn’t release them either

they just signed 4 year contracts, they aint goin no where

he'll probably end up sitting at home for a few months n then be back on the road

Back