Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

I just wanna know if Scarlett Bordeaux signed

tenor.gif

with the way they signing up everybody im sure they'd snatch her up, right?

As noted last week, this week’s episode of NXT on USA will air with limited commercial interruption and it looks like they plan on going beyond 10 pm eastern.

According to the updated cable TV listings, NXT will run until 10:15 pm eastern so, in theory, they will be on the air a little longer than AEW. However, although AEW Dynamite is scheduled to end at 10 pm eastern, they do have a replay airing scheduled immediately after the live broadcast just like WCW Nitro used to have when they were on TNT. It’s possible that TNT will let AEW run their live broadcast longer than 10 pm eastern so keep an eye for that if you are recording the show.

What side y'all on. I remember growing up you had to be Team WCW or Team WWF. We used to have heated discussions on which company was better

Wrestling's "Wednesday Night Wars" officially kicked off last night. And AEW takes the first week by topping WWE's NXT. The Big Lead's Ryan Glasspiegel reports that the launch of AEW's Dynamite on TNT recorded a 0.7 overnight rating. NXT, which airs on the USA Network, trailed with a 0.5 rating.

The total viewership numbers for both shows will be out later today. Last week, NXT averaged just over a million viewers.

Both brands received praise from the wrestling world last night -- particularly for their in-ring performances. While neither show has the mainstream names yet that can be seen on Raw and SmackDown, but from a pure wrestling standpoint these shows will be as good as it gets.
What makes these numbers so great is that both sides can spin it, like we all know they will want to do. AEW can say they beat a WWE show. And the WWE can say that of course AEW's debut would pop, but that they're positioned to pass them when the novelty wears off.

That is, of course, what happens when you are at war.

My biggest fear is they are gonna rely on cole and dem stars even more tv every week. Burn them out and burn us out. What made nxt special is the anticipation

My biggest fear is they are gonna rely on cole and dem stars even more tv every week. Burn them out and burn us out. What made nxt special is the anticipation

It seems like they gonna be rotating talent out from week to week. I think Matt Riddle is the only one whos competed live at all 3 shows since the change. I see how they could easily slip into booking the same guys weekly tho and i hope that shit dont happen.

They got more than enough talent to keep it fresh.

WWE sent us the following:

“Congratulations to AEW on a successful premiere. The real winners of last night's head-to-head telecasts of NXT on USA Network and AEW on TNT are the fans, who can expect Wednesday nights to be a competitive and wild ride as this is a marathon, not a one-night sprint.”

:df::sayword:

WWE sent us the following:

“Congratulations to AEW on a successful premiere. The real winners of last night's head-to-head telecasts of NXT on USA Network and AEW on TNT are the fans, who can expect Wednesday nights to be a competitive and wild ride as this is a marathon, not a one-night sprint.”

:df::sayword:
Did y'all watch both shows, who had the better show?

Did y'all watch both shows, who had the better show?
Both were about the same. I thought the match of the night was the NXT title match and Ciampa returning in his God state was dope. AEW was just more fun to watch overall. Also cringed at Wale/SP entrance, really wish they didnt use Wale.

AEWs show definitely had a big fight feel compared to NXTs but I still enjoyed NXT action more. The crowd seemed way more lit but it could be due to them being in a smaller venue.

Also Ciampa and Finn returning was better than Jack Swagger debuting lmao

I feel like they kinda shot themselves in the foot by not having Omega actually fight in that 6 man match too. He one of their biggest stars and I'm sure a lot of their fans wanted to see him actually fight

Back