Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

WWE superstar Roman Reigns interviewed with ESPN recently to hype WWE2K20, which Reigns was recently announced as the cover star for, along with Raw women’s champion Becky Lynch. During the interview, Reigns spoke about some of the comments Jon Moxley made on the Talk is Jericho podcast regarding WWE creative, stating that he disagreed with his former Shield brother on some of his issues, but still considers him a friend and a brother at the end of the day.

"I’ll tell you straight-up: I disagree with what [Dean] Ambrose said about the creative process. I love the guy. I love him to death. He’s my brother. And wrestling ain’t gonna stop that. On a personal level, me and that dude can hang out, have a beer or two and just talk. And even when we don’t talk, that’s just our relationship.
When it comes down to it, creative-wise, that’s on you. Communication is communication. When you go in there and you talk to boss, you gotta let him know. He even made comments about the things I had to say, but that was in a different place. I was brand-new.
We’ve worked our asses off for Vince [McMahon] in this company, and he respects that, and he wants to know our opinions. You have to speak up for yourself. I’m in a position now where he listens to everything I have to say, what I’m feeling.
Early on, when you don’t have any equity, when you haven’t put in any time, you should do what the boss says. But once you earn that equity, once you got the keys to the car — which Ambrose was clearly in that position because all three of us [were] — you have to speak up for yourself and do what’s right for you.
Regardless, I love the dude, man. We came from the bottom and got to where we are now, and he’s a huge part of that. No type of business rivalry or any of that crap will ever affect the personal relationship I have with either Seth or Dean. We’re all gonna do our thing. We’re having fun. I’m enjoying where I’m at. I enjoy being with the WWE. I’ll never be anywhere else."

Reigns would later reveal that he never knew the infamous line that Moxley was scripted to say regarding his leukemia, but stresses that a star should speak up for themselves to avoid those types of problems.

"And that’s the thing. If you refuse to say it, you refuse to say it. You didn’t say the stuff, and nothing happened. You didn’t get fired, so you don’t have to do any of that stuff. If you don’t really want to do it, you have to speak up for yourself. That’s the key to this business. That’s a bit contradictory in my mind right there. If you chose not to say that one thing, why can’t you choose to say another thing?"

ezgif.com-gif-maker-32-739x480.jpg

WWE continued the mystery storyline with Roman Reigns on this week’s SummerSlam go-home edition of WWE RAW, as seen in the video above.

Samoa Joe confronted Reigns in the back parking lot of the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA until a car came speeding at Reigns. Reigns jumped back into his SUV as the car crashed into the rear driver’s side. The car then sped off.

There has been some fan speculation that the mystery angles will lead to Joe and Reigns vs. Rowan and Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam, instead of the reported Bryan vs. Reigns singles match. Joe showed immediate concern for Reigns after the attempted attack, and looked as if he wanted to get revenge on the mystery driver.

Furthermore, fans on social media pointed to how Rowan could be seen wearing a black hoodie in a replay of the mystery attack on last Tuesday’s SmackDown, as seen below. It’s believed that Rowan may be revealed as the mystery forklift driver that tried to knock the structure over on Reigns last week. The big reveal looks like it will take place during tonight’s go-home edition of SmackDown from Detroit.

P3mA20n.jpg

Per a report produced by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the rumored move of NXT to Fox Sports 1 seems to be a done deal. The show will stay in its established WWE Network timeslot but expand to two hours, airing Wednesday nights from 8 PM to 10 PM.

There are reports that FOX has already talked to affiliate stations about the switch, and the timeslot was only up in the air because TNT had not announced when AEW would air their weekly programming.

NXT currently airs taped shows and films a month of matches at a time at Full Sail University. This will change to a weekly live broadcast, as it’s believed that a taped show will not work going head to head with AEW. WWE believes that live broadcasts and an endless supply of main roster talent can give them an advantage over TNT’s offering. It’s unknown if the show will stay at Full Sail or start touring.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...will-be-live-go-two-hours#7ouJJub1Yr4tiLra.99

- Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com has noted that AEW is planning to have one more PPV in 2019 following the All Out event. In addition to that, AEW is currently planning to have four PPV events throughout 2020.

- F4WOnline.com reports that WWE is in talks to purchase the Fite TV streaming platform. There are reportedly meetings scheduled between the two sides.

The service streams events from pro wrestling, MMA, boxing, and kickboxing. Fite TV's wrestling partners include AEW, NJPW, ROH, MLW, GCW, WLW, Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, and Impact Wrestling.

WWE announced the following names for Smackdown's October 4th debut on FOX:

Kurt Angle
Lita
Mick Foley
Booker T
Hulk Hogan
Trish Stratus
Goldberg
Jerry “The King” Lawler
Mark Henry
Ric Flair
Sting

The event is now being billed as Smackdown's 20-year anniversary special:

“Since we announced our five-year agreement last June, we have been eagerly counting down the days to the launch of Smackdown LIVE on FOX Sports,” said Eric Shanks, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Producer of FOX Sports. “We couldn’t be more excited and are pulling out all of the stops to commemorate Smackdown’s 20th anniversary celebration.”

Vince McMahon and Dolph Ziggler had a very good deal, but it was just a handshake agreement. However, it seems McMahon isn’t holding up his end of the bargain.

Ziggler has spoken about his handshake agreement with Vince McMahon in the past and how unique it is. He might have wanted to get something in writing because it doesn’t seem like McMahon is game to let him go at this point.

Bodyslam.net reports that Dolph Ziggler and McMahon had a deal that he would work through Summerslam with Monday being his final date. Then McMahon would grant Ziggler his release from the company. Apparently, that didn’t work out like the Show-Off thought it would.

Dolph Ziggler was absent from SmackDown Live last night after losing to Goldberg at Summerslam. It is very interesting that this deal would be in place because WWE is also advertising Ziggler in a triple threat match for the WWE Title during the debut episode of SmackDown Live on Fox.

It stands to reason that WWE wouldn’t want to let Dolph Ziggler go seeing how much competition there is for talent right now. We will keep you updated on this on-going story right here at Ringside News.

The King of the Ring Tournament will kick off this week on Raw and Smackdown in St. Paul, Minnesota and Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

The second round will take place on the 8/26 RAW in New Orleans, LA and the 8/27 Smackdown Live in Baton Rouge, LA, according to local advertising.

The semi-finals will take place at the 9/10 and 9/11 Raw and Smackdown tapings in Madison Square Garden.

The finals will be held at the 9/15 Clash of Champions PPV in Charlotte, NC.

The following talents will be competing in the 2019 WWE King of the Ring tournament, starting next week on Monday Night Raw:
*Ali
*Andrade
*Apollo Crews
*Baron Corbin
*Buddy Murphy
*Cedric Alexander
*Cesaro
*Chad Gable
*Drew McIntyre
*Elias
*Kevin Owens
*The Miz
*Ricochet
*Sami Zayn
*Samoa Joe
*Shelton Benjamin

Man

was just thinking how dope it would be if right after the ring announcer does the "Best in the wooooooorrrrrrlllllddddd!!!"

before he can say Shane.....

Time for y'all to give this a rest

when have you ever heard me pine for a Punk return my guy?

I just think it would be a cool moment...

Especially since Punk used to call himself the best in the world.

Now...Shane...one of those "idiot children" he spoke about in the pipe bomb is using that term....alng with the history of how and why he left....

the shit writes itself....

seriously doubt it would happen tho

it would be a crazy moment but only cause i dont expect Punkk back in the WWE anytime soon

Outside of that I dont give a fk about Punk tho, ill never understand why people want him back so bad

Dopest thing he ever done was the pipe bomb and its not like that shit cant be done again

Punk hate really do be having folks in their emotions, dont know why folks would want him back?? Ill tell you its because they are fans and it doesnt help he gave WWE the biggest shot in the arm during a bland period and imo broke the door down at WWE to accept indie guys with huge buzzes like KO, Rollins, Balor, Zayne, Ricochet, Bryan, and so on. Before then you had to be the WWE guy and a majority of those names have already shouted out Punk for this. There is a reason Punk 5 YEARS later he still gets his name chanted(and loud asf too) like he is in the building, buddy got real love from the fans even after an embarrassing UFC run.

I feel you BDP shit would give WWE the life it needs, Punks return to wrestling in any company whether WWE or AEW would be dope asf and a major buzz. Alot of young talent could feed off his knowledge in this business. Punk def came a long way.

Last edited:
Over the last 48 hours, PWInsider.com has been told there’s a pitch for the series to be moved to Wednesdays on the USA Network starting this October, with the idea NXT would be graduate into a live two-hour series from Full Sail University in Florida. The idea would be for the series to start in that form on 10/2, which of course is the same date that All Elite Wrestling launches its own weekly series on TNT.

Should this pitch move forward, the head to head would be the closest approximation of the old Monday Night War between WCW and the then-WWF since March 2001 as there would be two wrestling brands on similar cable broadcast platforms at the same time. It should be noted that with the evolution in technology, such as streaming, DVRs, etc. 2019 viewing would change the outlook of the head to head aspect with metrics being measured much differently than just the Nielsen ratings, as was the norm in the Monday Night War era.

It should be noted Impact Wrestling did attempt to go head to head with Monday Night Raw several years ago, but the idea died a fast death with Impact retreating back to its former home of Thursdays on SpikeTV after just ten weeks.
The USA Network aired an episode of WWE NXT on 12/13/17 as part of a "WWE Week", bringing in 841,000 overnight viewers.

WWE officials have not, as of yet, responded to a PWInsider.com request for comment.
While nothing is "official" yet, the ball is certainly in play. Stay tuned.

In regard to the potential of WWE NXT moving to the USA Network, there are some within WWE who believe USA is a done deal and it's just a matter of time before the deal is announced. There had been interest from FOX but USA came to the table over the last several weeks. I should caution that others have shot down that anything is close to done.

We can confirm that there were NXT staff who were told this week in Florida to be prepared for a longer show and that things would be changing very soon.

One source pointed out that NXT has an planned taping at Full Sail University on Wednesday 9/11 and that they could easily launch the show "live" at that taping, then tape on 9/12, which is another announced taping, before settling in for live tapings every week in early October. If so, they would effectively be in that Wednesday slot a few weeks before AEW launches.

There has been no change to WWE's internal calendar which as of this morning, lists tapings at Full Sail for 9/11, 9/12 and 10/12.

Back