Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

WWE may have just made a monster re-signing.

Fightful Select spoke to sources within WWE that claimed that Randy Orton re-signed with WWE. Orton had signed a five-year contract in 2019 that kept him with the company until late this year. However, Orton missed significant time with injury, and Fightful reported that the contract wasn’t as clear cut as it seemed. However, word internally is that he has a new deal.

The word internally was that Orton agreed to a new five-year contract that would have him under a deal until late 2029. It’s worth noting Fightful reached out to both Randy Orton and WWE to confirm the news, but didn’t get direct confirmation.

One higher up in WWE was asked why WWE would agree to a new deal instead of extending due to injury time, and they said “not confirming that the did sign a new deal, but the guaranteed money associated with contracts now is a drastic shift from what it was in 2019. There have been changes to our live event schedule, touring, international dates, media obligations, merchandise and social media that would be much more fair to just reach a new deal in many situations.”

Orton had publicly flirted with the idea of going to AEW in 2019, but we’re told nothing of that sort was discussed this go around.

In regards to Jacob Fatu, PWInsiderElite.com is told he's currently expected back before the end of the month. One source, when told there were talents who thought he was legitiately hurt at Summerslam, blew off that idea.

WWE NXT's Matt Bloom is backstage at Raw.

Chad Gable is not at Raw. We are told he's still in Paris.

No sign of Zelina Vega backstage for the second week in a Raw.

No Dakota Kai backstage. The word going around is that she's injured but no word on the nature of the issue.

As we had noted on PWInsiderElite.com, Dakota Kai was not backstage at Raw the last few weeks and the word was that she was injured. Michael Cole announcd that Kai will be undergoing surgery for a torn meniscus shortly. PWInsider.com sends our best to her for a quick and painless recovery. The expectation is she will be out about 2-3 months

It’s crazy that Jacob v Roman is going to be the holy shit match. Honestly, instead of having Solo take it over, it should’ve been Jacob.

Solo’s build up was so weak for the position he ended up trying to fill. No one in the IWC is excited nor wants to see Roman v Solo.

While the storyline has been exciting, he has not been.

I’ll give him that he has improved, though. Just not enough.

It’s crazy that Jacob v Roman is going to be the holy shit match. Honestly, instead of having Solo take it over, it should’ve been Jacob.

Solo’s build up was so weak for the position he ended up trying to fill. No one in the IWC is excited nor wants to see Roman v Solo.

While the storyline has been exciting, he has not been.

I’ll give him that he has improved, though. Just not enough.
The story for solo wasn’t weak. They planted the seed for months on end that he was gonna be the heir and it was done well.

The actual issue was His match booking was poor. He was taking all these Ls cause they had him tagging with Jimmy last fall and they were losing all those matches. They went totally left from his initial booking where he was winning a ton of matches. He should have had a run with the US title in the meantime

By the time they were ready to pay off his arc he was seen like a loser which idk if that was intentional or not.

I agree the story wasn’t. But the person was. He was a meme for losses on TV. Hell, dude couldn’t even win on the live events lol.

My point is that his losses, regardless of why, didn’t give strength to him being the new leader. I know that was the big storyline and they could’ve changed it up as they got closer and played us.

It is what it is now, though.

Meh...I think the booking wit his matches was done by design. I mean was he suppose to be winning all these matches and running thru the roster like Roman? No. He's the Faux Tribal Chief. A bootleg. A wannabe. So I think the way he's been booked reflects that. He isn't suppose to be taken serious as being the "Tribal Chief." That's the point

Now they still have to look strong. Which WWE has done. I believe a title run still in his future. So there's no need to rush into that. He's fine

Meh...I think the booking wit his matches was done by design. I mean was he suppose to be winning all these matches and running thru the roster like Roman? No. He's the Faux Tribal Chief. A bootleg. A wannabe. So I think the way he's been booked reflects that. He isn't suppose to be taken serious as being the "Tribal Chief." That's the point

Now they still have to look strong. Which WWE has done. I believe a title run still in his future. So there's no need to rush into that. He's fine
Yes if he was the enforcer and the plan was him taking over the family, he needed wins.

Back