Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Surprised...not surprised. I mean I always thought he was gonna end up there eventually. But I thought he was gonna dona similar path like his dad...power lifting...Olympic weight lifting...etc. The boy loves wrestling tho.

I think they just gonna let him cook with amateur wrestling and see where it goes for now. Whatever happens he has a home but if he pops off on some Kurt Angle shit it’s a massive win for WWE.

Britt Baker's suspension from AEW is legitimate.

Several weeks ago, an argument between Britt Baker and MJF occurred.

The word internally was that Baker exercised frustration about MJF within the women's locker room. Word made it back to MJF, as his girlfriend Alicia Atout was in the room.

The details are "he said she said" at this point, but we're told that there were confrontations between Alicia Atout and Britt Baker, as well as MJF and Baker. At one point Will Ospreay also spoke with Baker. Word was that Baker also took issue with Atout telling MJF about what was said in the locker room.

The previous close friends Britt Baker and MJF had a falling out at some point in the last year.

HR got involved in the situation, which actually happened several weeks ago. Baker has appeared on TV since then, but was legitimately suspended. An investigation was conducted and numerous members of the roster and a suspension was levied.

Baker is still planned to wrestle at AEW All In.

The word internally was that Baker exercised frustration about MJF within the women's locker room. Word made it back to MJF, as his girlfriend Alicia Atout was in the room.

The details are "he said she said" at this point, but we're told that there were confrontations between Alicia Atout and Britt Baker, as well as MJF and Baker. At one point Will Ospreay also spoke with Baker. Word was that Baker also took issue with Atout telling MJF about what was said in the locker room.

The previous close friends Britt Baker and MJF had a falling out at some point in the last year.

HR got involved in the situation, which actually happened several weeks ago. Baker has appeared on TV since then, but was legitimately suspended. An investigation was conducted and numerous members of the roster and a suspension was levied.

Lol Cole and MJF rivalry keeps giving

Over the years we’ve heard from multiple announcers, including Cole, about McMahon “yelling in their ear” with angry direction as they called broadcasts. In speaking with Curtis for The Ringer piece, Cole revealed that some of Vince’s direction crossed the line to the point he had to confront his boss about it.

“I’m not going to lie,” said Cole. “There have been times where he has said things to me that were inappropriate. I would go back to Gorilla after the show and get in his face and tell him, ‘That was bullshit.’ He respected that I did that.”
“Over the next few years,” Cole continued, “people still didn’t accept me because they looked at me as being a puppet for Vince. And I think some of that probably was true.
“Listen, I’m not a rebel. I’m here to make money and take care of my family and provide myself a good living. And when your boss asks you to do something, you do it.” He added: “I still think, at that time, I was a hell of a good announcer.”
In contrast to that stretch of Cole’s 27 year WWE career, Curtis says he was able to listen in to the direction Cole received from new WWE creative chief Paul “Triple H” Levesque over the course of two episodes of Raw:

In the course of six hours of TV, they gave him one note, reminding him to mention a feature of a wrestler’s costume. “Ever since Paul took over, he’s allowed me to have this freedom,” said Cole.
As a result, Cole says the personality we’re now seeing and hearing our screens is his real one:

“The first 24 years, Michael Cole was out here,” he said. “I was playing a broadcaster. The last three years, Sean Coulthard [Cole’s real name], … that’s who you’re seeing.
“That personality I’m bringing out now is who I really am,” he said. “I’m bombastic. I’m sarcastic. I’m a prick. But I’m also a hell of a good broadcaster.”

But.. But.. but CM Punk was the real problem w/ AEW.. Right? This is what happens when you hire everybody’s friends and family…

Back