Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

It definitely isn’t a work. It was a legit pivot. Listen to the podcasts, I don’t think anyone sees it that way and these cats were all in the business. Bishoff ran wcw. He don’t even think that.

It definitely isn’t a work. It was a legit pivot. Listen to the podcasts, I don’t think anyone sees it that way and these cats were all in the business. Bishoff ran wcw. He don’t even think that.
f32a87c2a5a1f43dbff2002308b5b02f.gif

All Ima say is...

With the evolution of the biz...particularly its adaptation of social media mainstream media in general...

IMO it would be very naïve to think that as homie says...a multi billion dollar media and entertainment company doesn't meticulously plan and curate every aspect of the product presented. It would also be very naïve to think that they don't understand the psychology of its core demo and dont use that info to get the desired results.

You dont think its possible that as I have stated before...that kayfabe is indeed not dead...its just executed differently...utilizing social media, the traditional mainstream media and industry "insiders" and media like Meltzer and fightful, etc to help advance and inform storylines?

I don't think it was a work because WWE has a history of dumb pivots. As much as I would love to give the WWE credit, they really haven't had a compelling long running angle since the Bloodline (outside of NXT) and haven't really had one as good before that. As bad as it looks, they really did try to pivot. What makes me believe this is that they immediately tried to move on to Cody vs Seth.

WWE simply got lucky that they had enough time to backtrack after the backlash. I'm sorry but WWE writing has never been that deep or clever.

Back