Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

During a recent edition of Busted Open Radio, WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry commented on attempting to give advice to Lio Rush:

“I pulled him aside the last time I saw him and told him ‘I’m hearing stuff in the locker room. What’s wrong?’ He said nothing’s wrong. It was a blatant lie to my face. I let him know that if he has a question, right now is the time to do that,” Henry said.

“You’re likely not going to run into someone who knows the system like I know the system. He didn’t do that. He lied to my face. Sometimes you have to talk to people that know more than you do.”

“If you can’t pay for a rental car, you can’t pay for a hotel with the money that you’re making every week then you need to change the way you’re spending. You can’t blame that on the office. If you spent everything before you got it, that’s your problem,” Henry said.

“Back in my day, they would’ve told him, ‘Lio, Bobby shouldn’t have to drive. He shouldn’t have to carry his bag.’ Yokozuna was my responsibility,” he continued.

“After these comments, he’s gonna have to go somewhere, or the company’s gonna have to tell him 'good luck with your future endeavors.'"

“It’s not a race issue. It’s an ego issue. Who are you? Nobody is exempt from being respectful to the business and paying homage to the guys drawing money. We all have done it. Steve Austin did it. The Rock did it. You better than The Rock? Get the hell outta here!”

During a recent edition of Busted Open Radio, WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry commented on attempting to give advice to Lio Rush:

“I pulled him aside the last time I saw him and told him ‘I’m hearing stuff in the locker room. What’s wrong?’ He said nothing’s wrong. It was a blatant lie to my face. I let him know that if he has a question, right now is the time to do that,” Henry said.

“You’re likely not going to run into someone who knows the system like I know the system. He didn’t do that. He lied to my face. Sometimes you have to talk to people that know more than you do.”

“If you can’t pay for a rental car, you can’t pay for a hotel with the money that you’re making every week then you need to change the way you’re spending. You can’t blame that on the office. If you spent everything before you got it, that’s your problem,” Henry said.

“Back in my day, they would’ve told him, ‘Lio, Bobby shouldn’t have to drive. He shouldn’t have to carry his bag.’ Yokozuna was my responsibility,” he continued.

“After these comments, he’s gonna have to go somewhere, or the company’s gonna have to tell him 'good luck with your future endeavors.'"

“It’s not a race issue. It’s an ego issue. Who are you? Nobody is exempt from being respectful to the business and paying homage to the guys drawing money. We all have done it. Steve Austin did it. The Rock did it. You better than The Rock? Get the hell outta here!”

I was gone say earlier that this shit does go on outside of WWE its not just something they were doing. Im surprised niggas didnt know this shit

Like I said before I feel like dude is one of the ones that want out of his contract and hes trying to get out of it anyway possible at this point. If you wanna leave and go be great elsewhere cool but going about it this way is dumb as shit

That nigga ain't no fucking rookie, you do that shit down in NXT and when you called up that should stop. This company paying actual workers to do that stuff, a performer shouldn't have to. He should continue to not do it, what's the worse they can do to him besides release him. That works better for him since he was a bigger deal on the indies

Lio Rush only been wrestling for like 4-5 years total

He wasn't even in the indies long before he got plucked and brought into NXT. I would still say hes a rookie

they honestly shouldn't of even brought him to the main roster so soon they just saw this kid who was blowing up on the indies and wanted him despite not having shit for him

Dude not getting paid for them using his phrases on merchandise is bullshit also, another reason why I have no clue why people wanna work for this company

Lio Rush only been wrestling for like 4-5 years total

He wasn't even in the indies long before he got plucked and brought into NXT. I would still say hes a rookie

they honestly shouldn't of even brought him to the main roster so soon they just saw this kid who was blowing up on the indies and wanted him despite not having shit for him
And lol @ paying his dues on NXT when the NXT roster are rookies at WWE.

I think y’all are making too much of this

It’s not HIS catchphrase, it’s written for him. He even said he isn’t a promo man and this helped build that for him.

Everyone has gone thru the rookie stages there... he ain’t got the heart to take it and thinks he’s worth more... doesn’t work like that lol come on... Mark said everyone goes thru this stuff...

And lol @ paying his dues on NXT when the NXT roster are rookies at WWE.

Isn't that exactly what they're doing down there, setting up rings doing all that shit Lio is complaining about doing on the main roster "paying their dues" when you first get in the company. And if they are rookies at NXT how can they be rookies years later after being called up

It’s not HIS catchphrase, it’s written for him. He even said he isn’t a promo man and this helped build that for him.

Everyone has gone thru the rookie stages there... he ain’t got the heart to take it and thinks he’s worth more... doesn’t work like that lol come on... Mark said everyone goes thru this stuff...
Just because everyone goes through it doesn't make it right. I mean look how long it took mark henry to be taken seriously.

Nah, they trying to treat him like a peon and he shouldn't have to take that. I'm pretty sure Rousey didn't have to do that stuff

Niggas just trying to vilify WWE cause its the cool thing to do right now

Since when has anyone had a problem with wrestlers paying dues? and why are people pissed off at WWE about it whenever its done in other promotions as well. New Japan even does the shit its just a tradition and cant nobody play the race card with it cause its not just blacks being made to carry bags.

Nobody got a problem with him paying dues in the beginning but the guy been in the company for 2 years so at what point is he finished paying them. Seems like they have a problem with people speaking up for themselves

They haven't even commented on him speaking up for himself. They haven't said anything at all. Its just dirt sheets saying that hes being punished but he even came out himself and said that most of what the dirtsheets are saying is lies trying to make it look like theres an issue there. He said it in that fightful interview.

They haven't even commented on him speaking up for himself. They haven't said anything at all. Its just dirt sheets saying that hes being punished but he even came out himself and said that most of what the dirtsheets are saying is lies trying to make it look like theres an issue there. He said it in that fightful interview.
But in the other interview he pretty much acknowledged what the dirt sheets reported saying he wasnt going to "pay his dues" I'm pretty sure just based off how he was erased from Raw that the dirt sheets are probably on the truth side. I mean I'm sure a majority would come out and down play it if they are the subject of the issue.

But yes I dont think its above anybody to pay dues even If it means giving the performer who was just in the ring a cold beverage, that probably goes a long way with respect back. Saying he is above it because he doesn't want to be seen as the water boy by fans is def a ego thing. It be one thing if they asking him to hold big shows jock strap or clean piss off the locker room bathroom.

i think Lio’s fate was sealed when he mocked Emma for getting released shortly after he signed to NXT

wwe probably been fucking with him since

Last edited:
Batista even had stated that you gotta be able to take the locker room stuff. He said it ain’t for the weak.

Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com noted the following regarding Lio Rush's comments of not being paid well:

"Rush’s claims are interesting, especially since WWE sources have claimed today that Rush was offered a new, five-year contract that was said to be in the $300 thousand range, but turned it down, instead, according to multiple sources, asking for double that number."

Johnson also mentioned the following:

"We are told that Rush has, at on at least one occasion, instead suggested the company release him so he can 'show them' what he could accomplish outside of WWE."

Back