Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Commercial free WWE Raw for now on? Wonder how they handle that. I’m sure there will be some form of ads but commercials in a traditional sense are probably gone.

Commercial free WWE Raw for now on? Wonder how they handle that. I’m sure there will be some form of ads but commercials in a traditional sense are probably gone.
I thought about this too. But if we don't want the subscription price to go up, we better hope it'll have commercials in some fashion.

This tells me 2 things:

1. Mainstream wrestling is still seen as VERY valuable
2. This is WWE continuing to be ahead of the curve. PPVs, cable, the network, social media presence, now going live on streaming services. We may think it's weird now, but it may be the norm in some fashion by 2027. I hope it works out for both them and us as the audience.

Raw on Netflix. Next might be Smackdown on Amazon, NXT on Disney+

Last edited:
AEW on Tubi

IHPawDc.gif

They may just fk around and put it on the cheap tier with ads (7 bucks a month) but I really do have a hard time believing they not gonna create a new tier for live TV just so they can get more money.

My main concern is being able to pause, rewind, or even record live shows on Netflix. I multi-task A LOT and usually anywhere between 5 mins to an hour behind watching these shows on Youtube TV. Any info on how live programming works on Netflix?

Back