Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aight, that makes more sense.

If Joshua loses to Fury, I see him chasing Wilder to try and save some face. I believe he thinks he can beat Wilder easily.

If AJ loses to Fury, thats 3 huge defeats on the bounce, he would need a rest and a warm up fight before getting back into a big fight... No way he would go into Wilder on the back of 3 L's...

My guess is he would fight Zhang in China, thats huge pay day an 'easy' fight to get back on track with... Then maybe cash out with Wilder...

TBH I cant see Fury and Usyk hanging around the division for more than 2 or 3 more fights, so eventually the winner of AJ and Wilder could be in some big fights with Joyce, Dubois, Sanchez, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz etc

If AJ loses to Fury, thats 3 huge defeats on the bounce, he would need a rest and a warm up fight before getting back into a big fight... No way he would go into Wilder on the back of 3 L's...

My guess is he would fight Zhang in China, thats huge pay day an 'easy' fight to get back on track with... Then maybe cash out with Wilder...

TBH I cant see Fury and Usyk hanging around the division for more than 2 or 3 more fights, so eventually the winner of AJ and Wilder could be in some big fights with Joyce, Dubois, Sanchez, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz etc

You might be right, but based on some of the shit I've seen him say in the past, I really thing he believes Wilder would be easy money for him. I think he'd want to go after Wilder, but his handlers would probably push him to make the smarter decision.

Yeah Im going with Canelo via stoppage... I think he will batter GGG with body shots, either a body shot to stop him late or they will have a massive involvement in causing the KO...

TBH Im not too interested in this Canelo/GGG fight, I think its pointless and clear Canelo will walk it...
You know what i don't think he'll walk it. I think this is a matchup where it's always destined to be a close affair. Neither will KO the other.

I learned my lesson after picking GGG to KO him in both fights. I'm also the only person who thought Canelo won both fights.

You know what i don't think he'll walk it. I think this is a matchup where it's always destined to be a close affair. Neither will KO the other.

I learned my lesson after picking GGG to KO him in both fights. I'm also the only person who thought Canelo won both fights.

In previous years for sure, both have granite chins and power but GGG is old now and I was shocked at just how old he looked against Murata, he looked a shell of himself and the body shots looked to really trouble him...

I cant see how GGG can win tbh... Unless hes suddenly found a new gas tank and toughened his body or Murata was a freak fight I just cant see him winning... He cant box and move for 12 rounds as he will gas and thats how most fighters have success against Canelo... He cant stand and trade now as Canelo will rip his body, which will stop him moving anways and I cant see him KO'ing Canelo with his chin...

He if he can steal rounds by frustrating Canelo and staying on the move, pick moments to land some shots, get out and repeat sure but I dont think hes got it in him anymore, not for 12 rounds...

I think Im gonna bet big on a Canelo KO at 3/1... If you fancy just a GGG win by via method you can get 5/1 which are pretty damn big odds...

Its sh!t everyone avoided GGG in his prime though, he would had cleared out anyone in any divisions around him...

Only way ggg can win this fight is he has to be willing to be KOed or beat up to land his shots. GGG can't outbox Canelo clear enough to get a win that was proven by the results of the 1st fight. GGG won the 1st fight IMO.

IMO Canelo isn't really willing to walk through ggg punches to try and walk him down. Canelo has felt ggg power and knows what he has which is why he doesn't press ggg like he does most fighters. Out of the past 2 fights ggg hasn't really landed any right hands. In order for ggg to even have a chance he's going to have to be willing to walk through Canelo fire to land his shots. Jabs not going to win ggg this fight and that's really all he has landed in the previous 2 fights.

Only way ggg can win this fight is he has to be willing to be KOed or beat up to land his shots. GGG can't outbox Canelo clear enough to get a win that was proven by the results of the 1st fight. GGG won the 1st fight IMO.

IMO Canelo isn't really willing to walk through ggg punches to try and walk him down. Canelo has felt ggg power and knows what he has which is why he doesn't press ggg like he does most fighters. Out of the past 2 fights ggg hasn't really landed any right hands. In order for ggg to even have a chance he's going to have to be willing to walk through Canelo fire to land his shots. Jabs not going to win ggg this fight and that's really all he has landed in the previous 2 fights.
He might try it now due to GGG advanced age and the fact that hes fought at the heavier class so he might try to force the issue anyway looking forward to it

He might try it now due to GGG advanced age and the fact that hes fought at the heavier class so he might try to force the issue anyway looking forward to it

Good point.

I'm of the opinion ggg is washed up but even when washed up sometimes fighters can put on a good to great performance against their biggest rival. Hopefully ggg can do that because he deserved that win in the 1st fight.

The first fight Canelo tried to fight too cute and slick, which drew tons of boos from the Mexican fans... The 2nd fight he was alot more aggressive...

Also, throughout the 24 rounds he landed some great body shots that hurt GGG but he took them well, I just cant see GGG taking them now, not after seeing how visibly hurt he was against Murata...

GGG's chin is granite though, that monster shot he took from Canelo in round 9 of one of the first fight was madness but Canelo took some of GGG's best shots too, especially in the 2nd fight...

Canelo Alvarez vs 'GGG' Golovkin Breakdown: Moves to remember - Bloody Elbow

I think this fight is all about Canelo making GGG work for every min of every round, even when GGG wins a round he would had worked his ass off to win that round... Canelo is great a making fighters use/waste their energy and keep them on move just by applying pressure with faints and his front foot or cutting the ring off...

edit: I was trying to find a gif and found this video... No way I can see GGG taking them body shots for 12 rounds now, unless I reading too much into how bad he looked against Murata...

The first fight Canelo tried to fight too cute and slick, which drew tons of boos from the Mexican fans... The 2nd fight he was alot more aggressive...

Also, throughout the 24 rounds he landed some great body shots that hurt GGG but he took them well, I just cant see GGG taking them now, not after seeing how visibly hurt he was against Murata...

GGG's chin is granite though, that monster shot he took from Canelo in round 9 of one of the first fight was madness but Canelo took some of GGG's best shots too, especially in the 2nd fight...

Canelo Alvarez vs 'GGG' Golovkin Breakdown: Moves to remember - Bloody Elbow'GGG' Golovkin Breakdown: Moves to remember - Bloody Elbow

I think this fight is all about Canelo making GGG work for every min of every round, even when GGG wins a round he would had worked his ass off to win that round... Canelo is great a making fighters use/waste their energy and keep them on move just by applying pressure with faints and his front foot or cutting the ring off...

edit: I was trying to find a gif and found this video... No way I can see GGG taking them body shots for 12 rounds now, unless I reading too much into how bad he looked against Murata...

The pressure is the illusion of Canelo. Canelo gas tank/stamina still not good. It's just most can't make him work enough to fatigue like he used to do. Also could be why he hasn't fought certain types of fighters cause they will make him work the whole fight for as long as it lasts. It's easier for Canelo to apply pressure going down hill.

GGG lands his right way too far and in between for it to really be effective in the past fight with Canelo. GGG should just leave it all in the ring win or lose cause that is really his only chance

The pressure is the illusion of Canelo. Canelo gas tank/stamina still not good. It's just most can't make him work enough to fatigue like he used to do. Also could be why he hasn't fought certain types of fighters cause they will make him work the whole fight for as long as it lasts. It's easier for Canelo to apply pressure going down hill.

GGG lands his right way too far and in between for it to really be effective in the past fight with Canelo. GGG should just leave it all in the ring win or lose cause that is really his only chance

I agree Canelo gas tank is isnt great at all, it will be interesting to see how dropping weight has effected him...

Anyways, so youre saying Canelo doesnt apply pressure??? I dont quite understand what you meant there... IMO thats one of his best attributes, that and his uppercut which I love as not enough fighters use it these days...

Canelo is so good at applying pressure because fighters are afraid of what comes back at them, he uses his front foot and faints to drain them mentally as well as physically... Its also even more effective as he tucks up so well with his compact body...

Granted GGG wont be scared but he will be weary of the body attacks, so he will be forced to work all night, even if hes just throwing out jabs to keep Canelo at bay or off balance, hes still working whilst Canelo can chill and give away a few rounds...

When Canelo is applying his front foot and feints, if GGG has slowed down, especially when hes tried and pushing out shots without enough snap or without brining his hands back, Canelo's evasive head movement that was great at times in the previous fights will sublime and he will light GGG up with counters...

I agree Canelo gas tank is isnt great at all, it will be interesting to see how dropping weight has effected him...

Anyways, so youre saying Canelo doesnt apply pressure??? I dont quite understand what you meant there... IMO thats one of his best attributes, that and his uppercut which I love as not enough fighters use it these days...

Canelo is so good at applying pressure because fighters are afraid of what comes back at them, he uses his front foot and faints to drain them mentally as well as physically... Its also even more effective as he tucks up so well with his compact body...

Granted GGG wont be scared but he will be weary of the body attacks, so he will be forced to work all night, even if hes just throwing out jabs to keep Canelo at bay or off balance, hes still working whilst Canelo can chill and give away a few rounds...

When Canelo is applying his front foot and feints, if GGG has slowed down, especially when hes tried and pushing out shots without enough snap or without brining his hands back, Canelo's evasive head movement that was great at times in the previous fights will sublime and he will light GGG up with counters...

No that is not what I'm saying at all. The illusion of Canelo's pressure is that he isn't working every minute of every round and he not always even in striking distance like most pressure fighters are. That is because his stamina ain't good enough for him to do that. Canelo is a boxing pressure fighter. He uses boxing ability to apply pressure and not just brute force like a Magarito used to do.

The bold is where most fighters go wrong. Canelo fights in spurts. So when he wants to take his rests during the round is when fighters should attack him and make him work when he doesn't want to. It's exactly why I'm saying ggg should just go all out and leave it all out there because that is his only chance. He has to make Canelo work even when Canelo doesn't want to work regardless of the counters that may be coming back. GGG is expected by most to lose so he might as well do what he hasn't done in the other 2 fights and see if that gets him a better result.

No that is not what I'm saying at all. The illusion of Canelo's pressure is that he isn't working every minute of every round and he not always even in striking distance like most pressure fighters are. That is because his stamina ain't good enough for him to do that. Canelo is a boxing pressure fighter. He uses boxing ability to apply pressure and not just brute force like a Magarito used to do.

The bold is where most fighters go wrong. Canelo fights in spurts. So when he wants to take his rests during the round is when fighters should attack him and make him work when he doesn't want to. It's exactly why I'm saying ggg should just go all out and leave it all out there because that is his only chance. He has to make Canelo work even when Canelo doesn't want to work regardless of the counters that may be coming back. GGG is expected by most to lose so he might as well do what he hasn't done in the other 2 fights and see if that gets him a better result.

OK got you, thought you were saying Canelo wasnt a pressure fighter which threw me off...

I agree the only way GGG can win is too win by fighting all out for 12 rounds or however long it lasts... I just dont think he can at this stage of his career though... Like I said earlier, even when Canelo is taking time off and allowing GGG to fire off and win a round, it will take an enormous amount out off GGG, that 1 round will effectively feel like 3 or 4 rounds...

Back