Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course it won't be what is was from a few years ago but plenty of people will still watch that fight.

You think so?

The rivalry has been so onesided, I don't see why anyone would be interested. Fury basically crushed Wilder's spirit. Like Fury is still talking shit, and Wilder just takes it.

You think so?

The rivalry has been so onesided, I don't see why anyone would be interested. Fury basically crushed Wilder's spirit. Like Fury is still talking shit, and Wilder just takes it.

Fury ain't crush that man spirit. He just won the fights and earned the right to talk shit. What can Wilder really say back to the man who whooped his ass twice?

Wilder vs Joshua will still get a decent amount of views cause it's going to be a fight between 2 fighters who didn't really duck anybody. IMO that fight in the UK would do decent numbers.

Personally I'd watch that fight

Fury ain't crush that man spirit. He just won the fights and earned the right to talk shit. What can Wilder really say back to the man who whooped his ass twice?

Wilder vs Joshua will still get a decent amount of views cause it's going to be a fight between 2 fighters who didn't really duck anybody. IMO that fight in the UK would do decent numbers.

Personally I'd watch that fight

Bruh, Wilder went radio silence for a long ass time and didn't even start talking about coming back til Fury starting talking about retiring. I can't say for sure where his head was at, but I do really feel like at the very least he saw Fury as a ceiling for how far he could go and questioned whether there was even a point of continuing to compete. Dude said he's got enough money, so he might not have seen a purpose in continuing.

Damn Anthony Joshua has basically fought every top heavyweight of his era except for Wilder and the champ from a previous era. He won some and he lost some but he fought them all and I respect it.

Yeah, this is what I keep telling my casual boxing friends... AJ's record is by far the best in the division, win or lose hes fought the best possible and all his mandos... He had a freak loss to Ruiz, which is avenged instantly... The lost back to back to a generational great, no shame there... And hes always active and fighting, like a fighting man...

Fury on the other hand is a part time boxer and retires to get out of rematches starting from beating Wlad (suspect doping ban possibly involved)... Then he fights after un retiring for 2 years by takes on Wilder 1 (which was great), then fought a load of bums until Wilder 2 (ok can forgive that to get in shape if he kicked on like a normal boxer but he doesnt) he then retires, un retires, retires, un retires, call this person out, call that person out, retire, say he will fight AJ, then pull last second to fight Wilder 3, then retires and so on, then try get out of Whyte, then................ retire lol I cant stand it...

AJ also offered Wilder the biggest payday of his life, which Wilder admits he turned down for Fury... AJ also offered Fury a huge payday pre Usyk 1, which Fury turned down to fight Wilder for the 3rd time... That would had been 10x bigger than the fight now as both were champs and would had been a undisputed championship fight...

Fury is a snake, hes tried to call AJ's bluff with this fight, whilst AJ is at his lowest, offering a ridiculous date of December 7th, which is way too short a timeframe, even though he already had December 17th booked for Chisora or Charr but hes trying to stack the odds even more against AJ by insisting on Dec 7th, hoping he will turn the offer down, then Fury can go and fight a knock over job and claim AJ is running scared and his online fans will kiss his ass and call AJ a coward etc Fair play to AJ for calling their bluff and accepting the fight, I just hope he puts an end to the Fury sideshow and his insufferable fans by KO'ing him...

Last edited:
Bruh, Wilder went radio silence for a long ass time and didn't even start talking about coming back til Fury starting talking about retiring. I can't say for sure where his head was at, but I do really feel like at the very least he saw Fury as a ceiling for how far he could go and questioned whether there was even a point of continuing to compete. Dude said he's got enough money, so he might not have seen a purpose in continuing.

If Fury is the best heavyweight and he fought Fury 3 times and lost 2 times. No one else who he hasn't fought has beat Fury. What is the point of continuing? He's fought the best and lost. Got the biggest paychecks he's going to get. That has nothing to do with spirit being broken IMO. That has more to do with what else is there left to accomplish.

If Fury is the best heavyweight and he fought Fury 3 times and lost 2 times. No one else who he hasn't fought has beat Fury. What is the point of continuing? He's fought the best and lost. Got the biggest paychecks he's going to get. That has nothing to do with spirit being broken IMO. That has more to do with what else is there left to accomplish.

He hasn't fought everybody though. He hasn't fought Joshua, Usyk, Ruiz, etc... It doesn't matter than none of them have beat Fury. What matters is whether or not he has beaten them. As a competitor, there are still other challenges out there for him even if he resigned himself to the idea that he could never beat Fury. Dude took that loss and faded into Bolivion for a while. I'm not saying you're wrong. You make a good argument, but I think those losses got to him. He thought he was invincible and he got beaten badly twice by a dude that's more than happy to rub his nose in it. That would shake anyone.

No matter how basic Wilder's technical skills are, he will always have a chance in a fight against anyone with his ridiculous power...

If AJ does lose to Fury, AJ/Wilder will still a big PPV in the UK... If AJ beats Fury, then AJ/Wilder will be even bigger regardless of the outcome of the Fury rematch...

It just depends on how much Wilder wants to carry on... Hes already said after the Fury trilogy he didnt know if he wanted to fight on... For now he does but if he has one or two tough fights he may just want to retire if he is financially secure, which he seems to be...

edit: also styles make fights... I think stylistically AJ would never beat Usyk if they thought 100 times, his style is all wrong for AJ but think AJ has a massive chance against Fury and a 50/50 against Wilder due to Wilder dynamite... The problem with this Fury fight is AJ is going into the fight after a mental breakdown, 2 back to losses and at his lowest...

Last edited:
He hasn't fought everybody though. He hasn't fought Joshua, Usyk, Ruiz, etc... It doesn't matter than none of them have beat Fury. What matters is whether or not he has beaten them. As a competitor, there are still other challenges out there for him even if he resigned himself to the idea that he could never beat Fury. Dude took that loss and faded into Bolivion for a while. I'm not saying you're wrong. You make a good argument, but I think those losses got to him. He thought he was invincible and he got beaten badly twice by a dude that's more than happy to rub his nose in it. That would shake anyone.

I'll give you the Joshua fight as something he should do. If I'm Usyk or his team after the Fury vs Wilder fights and the roll Usyk is on I wouldn't fight Wilder because he doesn't really bring anything to the table for Usyk. Honestly I wouldn't watch Wilder vs Ruiz. I think Ruiz is decent but he not really worth it.

Fighters take breaks after losses. So return quick and some take a while. Doesn't mean they're shook or spirit is broken. Boxing politics is involved as well after losses. So he now has to map out the re-routing of his career and make sure the money is respectable to what he was getting even after losing. It's more to it than just not being visible.

I really think Wilder should fight Joshua and call it a career.

I'll give you the Joshua fight as something he should do. If I'm Usyk or his team after the Fury vs Wilder fights and the roll Usyk is on I wouldn't fight Wilder because he doesn't really bring anything to the table for Usyk. Honestly I wouldn't watch Wilder vs Ruiz. I think Ruiz is decent but he not really worth it.

Fighters take breaks after losses. So return quick and some take a while. Doesn't mean they're shook or spirit is broken. Boxing politics is involved as well after losses. So he now has to map out the re-routing of his career and make sure the money is respectable to what he was getting even after losing. It's more to it than just not being visible.

I really think Wilder should fight Joshua and call it a career.

I think Ruiz should have been Wilder's comeback fight instead of this other dude, but I agree with your last statement completely.

I think Ruiz should have been Wilder's comeback fight instead of this other dude, but I agree with your last statement completely.

From a business standpoint I agree with you on Ruiz over Helinous but if Wilder really tries to fight Joshua if he wins. The Helinous dude makes sense just because of size factor.

Back