Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he makes it through the gauntlet, he should be in the driver's seat though right?

Not necessarily how boxing works. He'll be considered the best by most but that doesn't always translate into one of the highest paid and having the most fan support. So with boxing being a business that doesn't lead to a fighter being in the driver's seat just because they are best.

You also have to factor in Haney is fighting for undisputed at 135 a weight that he isn't going to be at for that much longer so he is going to have to prove himself all over again at 140 and if he doesn't get to that sweet spot all fighters are trying to get to which is being considered the one of the very best and being a big generator of money from selling tickets and ppvs then no he won't be in the drivers seat.

Canelo can drop every belt he has and he still in the drivers seat because he generates the most money in boxing right now. It's different for different fighters.

Not necessarily how boxing works. He'll be considered the best by most but that doesn't always translate into one of the highest paid and having the most fan support. So with boxing being a business that doesn't lead to a fighter being in the driver's seat just because they are best.

You also have to factor in Haney is fighting for undisputed at 135 a weight that he isn't going to be at for that much longer so he is going to have to prove himself all over again at 140 and if he doesn't get to that sweet spot all fighters are trying to get to which is being considered the one of the very best and being a big generator of money from selling tickets and ppvs then no he won't be in the drivers seat.

Canelo can drop every belt he has and he still in the drivers seat because he generates the most money in boxing right now. It's different for different fighters.

You right. Haney going to have to get on his marketing game while he's executing this contract. He's got to sell himself with every victory. I think he can get good fan support if he does it right. A lot of people just want to see these dudes fight and beat high level competition. He'll be able to point out that he's the only one really trying to do that.

You right. Haney going to have to get on his marketing game while he's executing this contract. He's got to sell himself with every victory. I think he can get good fan support if he does it right. A lot of people just want to see these dudes fight and beat high level competition. He'll be able to point out that he's the only one really trying to do that.

If Haney can get about half the support and half the hate Floyd got if he runs the table on that string of fights. He would be in the drivers seat even moving to 140.

I think promoters do a horrible job at promoting cause they don't really promote. IMO fighters would be better served being who they genuinely are than trying to form a character that they think will get them popularity. I say that because if the character you create is someone that most people hate. The moment said fighter loses there goes everything. The people have seen you lose and they no longer have to see you win or lose again they don't care cause they got what they wanted. Floyd never losing is why shit worked for him as the villain. Getting real support cause people like you win or lose you will always have their support. That lasts longer than hate in terms of buying tickets and ppvs.

He ain't beat Errol though so Shawn doing that is pointless.
Listening to the video I thought that if Errol Spence was telling the truth in that he fought Porter style of fight just to prove a point. Then Porter doesn't really know what tips to give Ugas. He really can't speak on Spence ring IQ because it doesn't take much ring IQ to fight Porter.

IMO Spence really should've gotten a unanimous decision against Porter is was a really good fight but I kind of felt Porter was getting more credit that he deserved because the fight wasn't the blow that many folks thought it would be.

Back