Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
AJ sell out stadiums because the tickets are only $20-$40 And if wilder needed Fury to sell tickets then why couldn’t Fury sell when he fought Otto Wallin in between the first 2 Wilder fights ??

The prices are about the same, where do get $20 AJ tickets from??? lol its the PPV that cost more in America not tickets...

Tickets for Wilder v Duhaupas, in Alabama for the world title (that sold 7000 tickets) started at $25, the most expensive tickets you could buy were $225...

Tickets for AJ (or any big UK fight) generally start at £40 which is about $55 (as was aj/usyk) and go up to £600 ($820) or £2000 for VIP box ($2700)... The 70,000-90,0000 tickets also sell out in less then 10mins...

AJ/Ruiz 1 (originally aj/miller) prices started at over $100 for the cheap seats and went up to over $2500 and still sold out MSG...

Fury v Wallen sold poorly because it was his second consecutive (none title) tune up fight against a name no one had heard of (turns out wallen is actually a good fighter) in a row, with a poor undercard AND it wasnt in Fury's or Wallin's country... If it would had been against a name casual fans had heard of, then UK fans would had traveled and more American boxing fans would had gone, as you saw with Fury/Wilder 1 and 2, with loads of UK fans and North Americans cheering for Fury... UK fans couldnt travel for the 3rd fight...

Anyways, this was about fighters selling tickets in their own country not abroad...

all the boxers you mentioned - how many consecutive title defenses do they have compared to wilder's 10?

AJ only sells in england and you know this

fury's numbers by himself arent any better than wilder's - the Klitschko fight is all he has

listen mayne - youre entitled to your opinion - i'm stating mine

You are absolutely entitled your opinion, I was just stating mine...

I just stated above about the myth of AJ only selling in England, he sold out MSG for Ruiz (and changed ruiz's life with record payday) and did crazy PPV numbers but thats irrelevant, even if he couldnt give tickets away in America, the fact is he does 90k tickets and PPV in his own country, which Wilder cant...

Wilder fought poor opposition in terms of those 10 defences and was outboxed and wobbled in many of them (and youre including the fury 1 'draw'... He didnt go on a 'Murders Row' run, it was more like 'bum of the month club'...

Molina (2015 - first defence)
Duhaupas
Szpilka
Arreola
Washington
Stiverne II (rematch - who had not fought in 2 years)
Ortiz (good fight)
Fury (drew - fury also not fought in 2 years and been on drug/drink binge and blown up to 400ibs)
Breazeale (not great)
Ortiz II (now old as jesus, pointless fight)
Fury (loss)
Fury (loss)

Wilder's best win is Ortiz 1... Then his second best is who??? Drawing to Fury???

AJ's record:

Breazeale (2016 - first IBF defence)
Molina
Klitschko (also picked up WBA)
Takam
Parker (also picked up WBO)
Povetkin
Ruiz (lost)
Ruiz (avenged - regained titles)
Pulev (mando)
Usyk (lost)

AJ also beat Whyte before winning the title which is a good win...

Fury's record is poor (as champ) he beat Wlad then retired and then came back and drew/beat Wilder 3 times, which albeit is impressive... Before beating Wlad and Wilder his best wins are probably Chisora (twice) and Hammer, so Fury's record isnt great... He now needs to go on a murders row type run to back up his legacy claims... He needs to try add, Whyte, Usyk, AJ, DDD, Joyce, Ruiz, Parker, Yoka, Hrgovic etc to his record...

Last edited:
If Fury a great fighter and he only beating this limited bum by the skin of his teeth

aye bro, take a step back and realize how you sound

the only man to get up from that shit needed a extra 2 inches and 50 pounds

Oh my days, are you paid to cheerlead Wilder???

They shared a ring for 30 rounds, the first 12 were after a 2 year suicidal, drink and drug binge and he still schooled him... The reason it was 'life and death' for something 4 rounds of those 30 rounds, is because Wilder's right hand is like a shotgun and landed on Fury... Fury beat Wilder in 3 different styles over 3 different fights...

Take a step back and be objective... Like I said, Fury has had a poor run as champion, AJ will probably never beat Usyk, though AJ/Fury is still a fun competitive fight and Wilder/AJ is still 50/50 because of Wilder's power...

My only statements are, Wilder is a poor boxer which most boxing fans and pundits agree...

The prices are about the same, where do get $20 AJ tickets from??? lol its the PPV that cost more in America not tickets...

Tickets for Wilder v Duhaupas, in Alabama for the world title (that sold 7000 tickets) started at $25, the most expensive tickets you could buy were $225...

Tickets for AJ (or any big UK fight) generally start at £40 which is about $55 (as was aj/usyk) and go up to £600 ($820) or £2000 for VIP box ($2700)... The 70,000-90,0000 tickets also sell out in less then 10mins...

AJ/Ruiz 1 (originally aj/miller) prices started at over $100 for the cheap seats and went up to over $2500 and still sold out MSG...

Fury v Wallen sold poorly because it was his second consecutive (none title) tune up fight against a name no one had heard of (turns out wallen is actually a good fighter) in a row, with a poor undercard AND it wasnt in Fury's or Wallin's country... If it would had been against a name casual fans had heard of, then UK fans would had traveled and more American boxing fans would had gone, as you saw with Fury/Wilder 1 and 2, with loads of UK fans and North Americans cheering for Fury... UK fans couldnt travel for the 3rd fight...

Anyways, this was about fighters selling tickets in their own country not abroad...

You are absolutely entitled your opinion, I was just stating mine...

I just stated above about the myth of AJ only selling in England, he sold out MSG for Ruiz (and changed ruiz's life with record payday) and did crazy PPV numbers but thats irrelevant, even if he couldnt give tickets away in America, the fact is he does 90k tickets and PPV in his own country, which Wilder cant...

Wilder fought poor opposition in terms of those 10 defences and was outboxed and wobbled in many of them (and youre including the fury 1 'draw'... He didnt go on a 'Murders Row' run, it was more like 'bum of the month club'...

Molina (2015 - first defence)
Duhaupas
Szpilka
Arreola
Washington
Stiverne II (rematch - who had not fought in 2 years)
Ortiz (good fight)
Fury (drew - fury also not fought in 2 years and been on drug/drink binge and blown up to 400ibs)
Breazeale (not great)
Ortiz II (now old as jesus, pointless fight)
Fury (loss)
Fury (loss)

Wilder's best win is Ortiz 1... Then his second best is who??? Drawing to Fury???

AJ's record:

Breazeale (2016 - first IBF defence)
Molina
Klitschko (also picked up WBA)
Takam
Povetkin
Ruiz (lost)
Pulev (mando)
Usyk (lost)

AJ also beat Whyte before winning the title which is a good win...

Fury's record is poor (as champ) he beat Wlad then retired and then came back and drew/beat Wilder 3 times, which albeit is impressive... Before beating Wlad and Wilder his best wins are probably Chisora (twice) and Hammer, so Fury's record isnt great... He now needs to go on a murders row type run to back up his legacy claims... He needs to try add, Whyte, Usyk, AJ, DDD, Joyce, Ruiz, Parker, Yoka, Hrgovic etc to his record...

the first ruiz fight did 400k ppv buys (uk) ...the rematch sold well. the wilder numbers you keep referring to is from 2015. what has he done since?

ortiz 2: 225k
fury 1: 325k (US), 450k (uk)
fury 2: 800k
fury 3: 750k plus (not official yet)

the irony is aj and wilder or more alike then they are different

- their best wins were against 'old men' (klitschko was 41- old man ortiz was 39 when he faced wilder the first time and 40 in the rematch)
- their resume have late replacements who can easily be considered bums by revisionists
- they both started late and have amateur/pro success
- they both have a growing ppv resume
- AJ changed ruiz life financially - wilder changed fury's life financially

I like how you manage to acknowledge fury's resume isn't great outside of the klitschko win and has no ppv resume to speak of outside of klitschko/trilogy

but wilder is the bum hunter and cant sell...

AJ's record (adjusted):

Breazeale (2016 - first IBF defense). good fort AJ but not great on wilders resume...
Molina - good fort AJ but not great on wilders resume...
Klitschko (also picked up WBA) - was 41 and back from an almost 2yr layoff
Takam - late replacement
Povetkin - bloodclot cheater
Ruiz (lost) - was ranked #14 at the time, replacement
Pulev (mando)
Usyk (lost) - CW turned HW

see how that works? ignoring wilders accomplishments is not being objective - while goal post moving for your euro brethren

No matter the art form or discipline

the commonality is fighting which can transcend skill sets

otherwise picking fights be as simple as who got the most tools

thats too much hate for me to engage in bro, agree to disagree

the first ruiz fight did 400k ppv buys (uk) ...the rematch sold well. the wilder numbers you keep referring to is from 2015. what has he done since?

ortiz 2: 225k
fury 1: 325k (US), 450k (uk)
fury 2: 800k
fury 3: 750k plus (not official yet)

the irony is aj and wilder or more alike then they are different

- their best wins were against 'old men' (klitschko was 41- old man ortiz was 39 when he faced wilder the first time and 40 in the rematch)
- their resume have late replacements who can easily be considered bums by revisionists
- they both started late and have amateur/pro success
- they both have a growing ppv resume
- AJ changed ruiz life financially - wilder changed fury's life financially

I like how you manage to acknowledge fury's resume isn't great outside of the klitschko win and has no ppv resume to speak of outside of klitschko/trilogy

but wilder is the bum hunter and cant sell...

AJ's record (adjusted):

Breazeale (2016 - first IBF defense). good fort AJ but not great on wilders resume...
Molina - good fort AJ but not great on wilders resume...
Klitschko (also picked up WBA) - was 41 and back from an almost 2yr layoff
Takam - late replacement
Povetkin - bloodclot cheater
Ruiz (lost) - was ranked #14 at the time, replacement
Pulev (mando)
Usyk (lost) - CW turned HW

see how that works? ignoring wilders accomplishments is not being objective - while goal post moving for your euro brethren

AJ/Ruiz to do 400k PPV on a late replacement are good numbers (and still double wilders best, pre fury) theres was no hype around that fight because casual fans saw Ruiz's shape as a late replacement and didnt want to buy it... It still did 13million in illegal streams... And was 3am or 4am UK time...

Wlad is an all time great and was still campaigning at high level and was not shop worn and lets be real... Ortiz was probably not really 39 and nowhere near Wlad's level... Whatever it is what it is, the first fight was a good win, Im not disputing that, facing him again was a joke... AJ's record is the best out of Fury and Wilder, facts...

You just shown that Wilders best numbers are against Fury... Fury will continue to do numbers, wait and see what Wilder does next...

And you just downplayed Usyk!?! You serious??? The guy is one of the most elite fighters in recent times and one of the best cruiserweights of all time... You said Povekin was a cheater, well thats an even better win for AJ then, he beat a guy on PEDs...

AJ destroyed Breazeale in 2016 for his first defence, Wilder beat a shot to sh!t Breazeale 3 years later in his 8th defence, the same year AJ fought Ruiz twice...

This is taking up far too much time... You believe what you want fam...

AJ/Ruiz to do 400k PPV on a late replacement are good numbers (and still double wilders best, pre fury) theres was no hype around that fight because casual fans saw Ruiz's shape as a late replacement and didnt want to buy it... It still did 13million in illegal streams... And was 3am or 4am UK time...

Wlad is an all time great and was still campaigning at high level and was not shop worn and lets be real... Ortiz was probably not really 39 and nowhere near Wlad's level... Whatever it is what it is, the first fight was a good win, Im not disputing that, facing him again was a joke... AJ's record is the best out of Fury and Wilder, facts...

You just shown that Wilders best numbers are against Fury... Fury will continue to do numbers, wait and see what Wilder does next...

And you just downplayed Usyk!?! You serious??? The guy is one of the most elite fighters in recent times and one of the best cruiserweights of all time... You said Povekin was a cheater, well thats an even better win for AJ then, he beat a guy on PEDs...

AJ destroyed Breazeale in 2016 for his first defence, Wilder beat a shot to sh!t Breazeale 3 years later in his 8th defence, the same year AJ fought Ruiz twice...

This is taking up far too much time... You believe what you want fam...

you're doing it again

pedestalizing what AJ has done, exaggerating what fury has done and downplaying what wilder has done

credit to AJ for doing 400k in the uk. the 13mil illegal streams v the replacement was good compared to wilders/fury's 10mill illegal streams in fight 1

klitschko is an all time great but was still older than ortiz at the time of their fights - bottomline is ortiz was a top HW at the time

you HOPE fury continues to do numbers because he's only done it standing v an active champ 2 times - IF he was such a superstar the numbers in the trilogy would have been sky high from fight 1 - not gradually peak as they did. wilder was doing numbers on regular tv before the ppv jump v 'bums'

aj beat the bloodclot cheater because wilder choose not to before he got exposed again. don't need to downplay usyk - was highlighting that wilder's loses are to the best current HW and aj's arent

regardless of how they got there - all 3 are good for the division and wilder isnt as bad as the internet and media want him to be

you're doing it again

pedestalizing what AJ has done, exaggerating what fury has done and downplaying what wilder has done

credit to AJ for doing 400k in the uk. the 13mil illegal streams v the replacement was good compared to wilders/fury's 10mill illegal streams in fight 1

klitschko is an all time great but was still older than ortiz at the time of their fights - bottomline is ortiz was a top HW at the time

you HOPE fury continues to do numbers because he's only done it standing v an active champ 2 times - IF he was such a superstar the numbers in the trilogy would have been sky high from fight 1 - not gradually peak as they did. wilder was doing numbers on regular tv before the ppv jump v 'bums'

aj beat the bloodclot cheater because wilder choose not to before he got exposed again. don't need to downplay usyk - was highlighting that wilder's loses are to the best current HW and aj's arent

regardless of how they got there - all 3 are good for the division and wilder isnt as bad as the internet and media want him to be

Sleepy Bill Murray GIF - Sleepy Bill Murray Ok - Discover & Share GIFs

Roger Mayweather said the classic quote "you don't shit about boxing"

Yoka's looking for a top 15, top 10 fight next. Filip Hrgović was a named they mentioned

Yeah I caught that after I posted that haha

Hrgovic has been abit underwhelming since turning over, I thought he could be abit of a force but hes not really done that much... The Yoka fight would be abit of a 'grudge match' though...

Yeah I caught that after I posted that haha

Hrgovic has been abit underwhelming since turning over, I thought he could be abit of a force but hes not really done that much... The Yoka fight would be abit of a 'grudge match' though...
you're 100 percent. Also, a good fight like "loser leave town" type of fight.
I just remembered Yoka wants the Joe Joyce fight too. He beat him at the Olympics but Joe's had a better career since

AND started boxing at 19

not 9

he looked bad against the current best HW in the world - thats it. until he looks bad against anyone else - the memes aint workin

wilder isnt polished at all, but you dont need to be at HW

I get what ya'll are saying, I really do, but when has Wilder ever looked great? I hate the "competition argument," but other than Fury who has he fought? He fought a lot of mediocre opponents. Now that doesn't mean he isn't great. After all, many people say the same thing about Tyson. The difference is that Tyson clearly outclassed his opponents in pretty much every way whereas Wilder never looks spectacular against anyone. He's just able to do enough in fights to stick around until he lands that one big punch.

Wilder losing to Fury didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. He's a pretty one dimensional fighter, and that was fine until he ran into somebody that was capable of exploiting his limitations.

Back