Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Ennis is a beast. I wouldn't mind a match-up between Ennis and Ortiz. That would be fire....

EysbwS9WYAAqRlJ
EysbuXXXMAALgLa

@DMorgan damn bro your post stuck with me for the last few days.. I guess I never thought about fighters ducking Ennis cause I expect everybody to want to be great and take risks, but after reading your post and then seeing how Jemal Herring has a belt and is willing to vacate it instead of fighting Shakur Stevenson (his mandatory), shit got me looking at boxing different..

I’m getting tired of the best not fighting the best..

It's so much bullshit as to why fights don't get made and IMO most times its not the fighters but their teams. Media and fans don't help either nor do promoters and tv networks. If a fighter takes on the best and gives a great fight but loses and they made say 3mill in a tough loss. It's fucked up to come back to that fighter now say for taking on another tough opponent their guarantee is now 900K. That makes fighters not want to take risks cause they don't see it as worth it. When they can fight bums for 1.5-2Mill with a low chance of losing.

The way the operate in boxing is fucked up.

This needs to happen, but boxing pundits and promoters will say a fight between Boots and Ortiz needs to marinate.. Naw fuck that they need to set that shit up ASAP..

I don't want that fight to marinate either but we have to be honest. That fight right now neither of them would get paid what that fight is really worth and the winner isn't guaranteed a shot at Spence nor Crawford.

It's just smart business to either have them get paid correctly or make that a title eliminator for either Spence or Crawford belts. If neither can happen it doesn't benefit either fighter to make that fight right now.

Great for the fans not really fair to the fighters.

I don't want that fight to marinate either but we have to be honest. That fight right now neither of them would get paid what that fight is really worth and the winner isn't guaranteed a shot at Spence nor Crawford.

It's just smart business to either have them get paid correctly or make that a title eliminator for either Spence or Crawford belts. If neither can happen it doesn't benefit either fighter to make that fight right now.

Great for the fans not really fair to the fighters.
what’s the answer

what’s the compromise For supporters of the sport?

is there any real boxing fan not from Baltimore who don’t got a issue with what Tank doing? fighters been getting took from the jump and still so how much can we really complain about them getting paid

my thing is til you start holding That belt, do whatever but once you got it, respect the purity of this shit a little bit

what’s the answer

what’s the compromise For supporters of the sport?

is there any real boxing fan not from Baltimore who don’t got a issue with what Tank doing? fighters been getting took from the jump and still so how much can we really complain about them getting paid

my thing is til you start holding That belt, do whatever but once you got it, respect the purity of this shit a little bit

I think the compromise is balance. Sometimes fighters ask for too much money to fight certain fighters knowing damn well they don't generate enough money to cover that guarantee. Also promoters and tv networks have to stop financially punishing fighters for tough losses.

Let's take the Ennis vs. Ortiz. Since both of them are past the prospect stage and are title contenders now. Both of them should be happily take that fight against each other for 1.5 apiece. Neither is truly a big name in the sport and casuals don't know either of them. That's a fair price for them and if the promoters really started promoting fighters like they did back in the day. IMO they could make a good profit off of that fight.

Now let's say that fight ends up being fight of year or even a fight of the year contender. There is no reason at all for the loser of that fight if they take on a top 5 ranked fighter in their next fight should make less than 1mill. But we know the loser is going to be low balled just cause of the loss. Dumb fans, casuals and biased media people will disrespect the loser with shit like "he was exposed" "he was never really good anyway look what happened when he finally stepped up". Shit like that doesn't really happen as much in other sports media as it does in boxing.

Fighters need to stop over pricing themselves for taking good fights and promoters and tv networks need to stop low balling fighters in their next fight after taking on the best and having a tough loss.

This real? Lil man way out his weight class. If crackhead Lamar loses this he sets us back a hundred years coupled with nate Rob. SMH

Edit- nah this can't be real. Lil man fucked that Kardashian or something?
Oh its real, frfr, odam ain't setting black people back and neither did Nate they just embarrassed themselves. But I get what you're saying. Lol.

Oh its real, frfr, odam ain't setting black people back and neither did Nate they just embarrassed themselves. But I get what you're saying. Lol.
Man, it's jokes but I could see lil man moving in a straight line his punches sticking and moving cause Lamar aint the fastest and tagging him up lol. Hopefully Lamar don't come in on that Nate shit throwing looping shots wit his head 1st. No matter who win this got meme all over it. Like dog you outweigh him by probably 100-150lbs. Lamar don't even look in shape from that short video. SMH lmao

Back