FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
IMO

Lopez /Bob would make the fight with Tank but Floyd likely hesitant
Floyd/Tank would make the fight with Garcia but Oscar likely hesitant
Haney would take the fight with anybody but he signed with Hearn and not worth the risk

Tank believes he can beat Garcia but not the other 2
Lopez believes he can beat all of them
Garcia believes he can beat Tank but not the other 2
Haney believes he can beat all of them

Shakur beats them all and knows it, so do they

Thing is, it's 2021.... Stop playing dumb. We know what the game is... We've always known.... But it's time to collectively stop buying these "old school" mentality excuses.

It's tired. We know star power and tickets move the sport.... It's not corny or opinion.... It's fact.

And the fact is Tank and Ryan got star power. They always going to be the most popular. They have it. Tank has established his role as the bad boy, young, hip hop celebrity boxer. He's their floyd, zab, Roy, tank would do well to hop in some music videos... Cash in on it. He has that lane. Black boxing fans fuel the sport, and he's our guy. I ain't even gotta say what Ryan is. We all see it.

Teo might have beat the top guy.... But Bob put y'all niggaz on ESPN... The sport knows Teo, Loma, Haney, shakury....

The popular crowd knows Tank and Ryan.... And that's where the money is....

Somebody need to tell Teo and Bud Espn ain't where the money is..... And if that's what they trying to demand.... That always gonna find themselves without a partner

Thing is, it's 2021.... Stop playing dumb. We know what the game is... We've always known.... But it's time to collectively stop buying these "old school" mentality excuses.

It's tired. We know star power and tickets move the sport.... It's not corny or opinion.... It's fact.

And the fact is Tank and Ryan got star power. They always going to be the most popular. They have it. Tank has established his role as the bad boy, young, hip hop celebrity boxer. He's their floyd, zab, Roy, tank would do well to hop in some music videos... Cash in on it. He has that lane. Black boxing fans fuel the sport, and he's our guy. I ain't even gotta say what Ryan is. We all see it.

Teo might have beat the top guy.... But Bob put y'all niggaz on ESPN... The sport knows Teo, Loma, Haney, shakury....

The popular crowd knows Tank and Ryan.... And that's where the money is....

Somebody need to tell Teo and Bud Espn ain't where the money is..... And if that's what they trying to demand.... That always gonna find themselves without a partner

The problem is the game done changed. These top guys with a following don't need the promoters as much as they did in the past. They can build hype all on their own. And with that leverage, they really have the upper hand when it comes to the splits. But these promoters (Arum in particular) are stuck in their ways and greedy. They want to keep making the same money they used to, but their role has been diminished to nothing more than a bank basically.

COVID and the unavailability of these promoters being able to capitalize on the gate sales is hurting their bottom line. So they are hesitant on dishing out money to possibly not see a return because they don't have the leverage they need anymore. The stars are marketing themselves. And the know their worth now. They can't get jerked like the fighters in the past. They want to make their money when fighting the other top guys and aint gonna settle for less.

• Ether
Reactions: aka_og
The problem is the game done changed. These top guys with a following don't need the promoters as much as they did in the past. They can build hype all on their own. And with that leverage, they really have the upper hand when it comes to the splits. But these promoters (Arum in particular) are stuck in their ways and greedy. They want to keep making the same money they used to, but their role has been diminished to nothing more than a bank basically.

COVID and the unavailability of these promoters being able to capitalize on the gate sales is hurting their bottom line. So they are hesitant on dishing out money to possibly not see a return because they don't have the leverage they need anymore. The stars are marketing themselves. And the know their worth now. They can't get jerked like the fighters in the past. They want to make their money when fighting the other top guys and aint gonna settle for less.

I somewhat disagree with the bold. Promoters are actually really needed right now. At the same time promoters have gotten lazy and forgotten how to truly promote because of all those years of HBO and Showtime doing the job of promoting the fight for them. HBO & Showtime would pay them a site fee, run commercials for the fight in between movies, tv series, set up the press tour schedule and pay for the broadcast rights. The promoter basically didn't have to do shit but collect the checks.

ESPN ain't running no commercials or no 30 for 30 type of shows about Crawford regardless of if he has a fight coming or not. Arum's job as promoter should be to make sure fight or not fight Crawford, Stevenson, etc. are regular guests on shows like PTI, First Take etc. That shit ain't happening cause Arum and everybody else at Top Rank is fucking lazy or not with the times.

PBC fighters stay on FOX Sports in some capacity and it is helping some of their fighters.

Now that way of business has pretty much dried up in terms of HBO & Showtime. What's needed is a person who is willing to promote like an old Don King used to. It would actually go long way with these new fighters profiles and the promoter would actually be earning their money.

You know the amount of good that a promoter would do right now getting his fighters some media training and keeping them in front of a camera whether it was for TV, social media, YouTube Podcasts.

Why wouldn't a promoter be trying to get his fighters on Drink Champs, Hot Boxin with Mike Tyson, Joe Budden podcast, All the Smoke and shit like that.

A really good promoter could do a great job right now with how shit is but like you said they ain't really trying to change with the times.

One of my biggest complaints with these dudes

it’s cool you don’t want a promoter taking percentages

put your own promotion team together.

I hope Loma bounces back too. That's a hell of a pot. If shit was run like the UFC, the next couple years would be some of the best in boxing history with the matches they could make in those divisions alone.

so even right now, Shawn Porter feels like it’s an insult for Bob Arum to offer him 1 million

I understand he’s made more than that but does Shawn really generate that type of money. Porter never sold out anything. Now you been overpaying him so he feel like his value is higher than it probably is

it’s going get to the point where the money going dry up and they going start telling fighters, give me the breakdown of what you generate and how it’ll justify your check

Reactions: Koltrain and Duwop
The business side of boxing is the worst aspect of the sport. There are so many fights that never take place because of greedy promoters, fighters that feel they deserve more and boxing politics in general. LW could be the hottest weight class in boxing at the moment. Let's just hope these guys will end up fighting each other.
Which allowed ufc to takeover

so even right now, Shawn Porter feels like it’s an insult for Bob Arum to offer him 1 million

I understand he’s made more than that but does Shawn really generate that type of money. Porter never sold out anything. Now you been overpaying him so he feel like his value is higher than it probably is

it’s going get to the point where the money going dry up and they going start telling fighters, give me the breakdown of what you generate and how it’ll justify your check
Porter is a 2 time welterweight champion....,, 1 million is a lowball offer... he's worth more than that.

Porter is a 2 time welterweight champion....,, 1 million is a lowball offer... he's worth more than that.

to You

show me the Numbers of shows he headlined and the money he’s generated to prove that

I don’t know what he’s worth. I agree He shouldn’t take it. I know that’s not an insult based on his fanbase. Lot of boxing fans don’t even enjoy watching him

That is fair business though and not a bad thing. That is basically what is in place for how they negotiate splits for ppv fights for a while now. Actually doing that would probably help get non-ppv fights made quicker because fighters would realize that what they are asking for regarding certain fights just isn't feasible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mafuzzychef
Bruh connor made what he would make in 10 years with one boxing match. And he their highest paid fighter ??‍♂️

We can take the paychecks out of it.

UFC biggest ppv sales buys could never come close to the mid-teir ppv buys of some boxers.

In terms of popularity UFC can NEVER fuck with boxing and that is abundantly clear from paying fans standpoint and fighters checks standpoint.

People crazy shit with those comments.

• Ether
Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
Bruh connor made what he would make in 10 years with one boxing match. And he their highest paid fighter ??‍♂️

I wouldn't say that UFC took over. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean to be honest. UFC made its own lane. I don't really even think it competes all that much with boxing. Boxing purists stick with boxing. General combat sports fans watch both.

That said, I think boxing defenders cling to much to the top tier examples to make their point. Yes, Floyd's fights were bigger than any UFC event has ever been and will likely ever be. That said, Floyd's fights aren't the average boxing event. How does the average boxing event match up with a typical UFC event. I'm betting the difference isn't that big.

Floyd still made more fighting Manny
I wouldn't say that UFC took over. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean to be honest. UFC made its own lane. I don't really even think it competes all that much with boxing. Boxing purists stick with boxing. General combat sports fans watch both.

That said, I think boxing defenders cling to much to the top tier examples to make their point. Yes, Floyd's fights were bigger than any UFC event has ever been and will likely ever be. That said, Floyd's fights aren't the average boxing event. How does the average boxing event match up with a typical UFC event. I'm betting the difference isn't that big.
Top 5 ppvs of all time are boxing

Floyd still made more fighting Manny

Top 5 ppvs of all time are boxing

You're still arguing at the top. Top Tier boxing events >>>>>>>> Top Tier UFC events when it comes to profitability. Anyone arguing against that just doesn't know what they are talking about. But when you get away from the top guys and are just talking about some up and comers or some people still earning their stripes, those events probably are on the same level as the average UFC events.