Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
I think if you were judging objectively it's fair to say he's way past being a Great White Hype. I get hating on white boys lol but Loma has more than earned his stripes amateur and pro

I don't disagree that Loma is great. I'm a Loma fan, but people like Teddy Atlas were calling him the best boxer in the world and unbeatable like five fights in. That's hype. If people are saying he's great and running down the actual reasons, that's legit. When people are saying he's great and their reasoning is basically "He's Loma and he fights good." That's hype. The latter is less prevalent now that he is more proven, but it still happens from time to time.

To be the man you gotta beat the man.

I don't like Loma because who's the man he beat?

He had some good fights, I like his style... But I haven't seen him overcome any great fighter.

Amateur fights is a cop out. If it wasn't there's no reason to "PROVE YOURSELF" on the pro stage.

The pro stage is the proper measuring stick. And as a pro he's definitely very very good... But again... Who is "the man" he had to beat to get the recognition? ESPN been in his nuts out the break and were putting him ahead of pros with 10+ years as a pro championship level who also had a gold medal olympic pedigree.

At no point do you tank Loma over ward when he was active. ESPN did

You don't rank him over Manny, canelo, Spence or Crawford.... Yet majority of the world does....

Dude is good, but they gift him a lot of consideration.

Teo has a chance to be the man by actually beating the man...

I'm rooting for that.

Back