Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Lol @ some of the feelings in this thread. A knockout artist who was able to adapt and adopt a completely different gameplan to protect his weaknesses and negate his opponent. We've celebrated many boxers from Ali to Whitaker to Mayweather Nd many besides. Joshua took a page from their book and him being able to do that is more impressive than a KO to me
Knockout artist? When was AJ last KO?

AJ proved imo the first fight wasnt a fluke. He made an adjustment to his entire style.
Ruiz always felt like he could end the fight with one exchange.

What AJ did took a lot of focus
Bruh ruiz had more than one exchange to end the fight the nigga didnt even try to cut the ring off at all. He even admits he couldnt do it because of his weight during his post fight interview. He even says the weight gain was against his advisors/trainers wishes. This nigga said he didn't train for 3 months. Watch his post fight interview

Rns ruiz was talking about a 3rd fight weeks heading into fight night. Excuse my racism but this us some typical lazy wetback shit thats destroying America

AJ proved imo the first fight wasnt a fluke. He made an adjustment to his entire style.
Ruiz always felt like he could end the fight with one exchange.

What AJ did took a lot of focus
AJ could have easily done this in the 1st fight. Aj had a fucking scratch on his sideburn. Something aint right

Bruh ruiz had more than one exchange to end the fight the nigga didnt even try to cut the ring off at all. He even admits he couldnt do it because of his weight during his post fight interview. He even says the weight gain was against his advisors/trainers wishes. This nigga said he didn't train for 3 months. Watch his post fight interview
Well then he threw the fight away in training.

Either way I don't go with excuses, u go with what I saw in the ring.

AJ kept him at bay and controlled him with the jab.

Every thing it looked to me Ruiz tried to do was haulted by the jab.

I've seen tons of taller guys beat shorter guys just like this...

Ruiz still had the faster hands, and AJ fought scared to get hit, but was able to land the jab at will...

AJ lost the first fight thinking he could just go through Ruiz punches like they were nothing. He had no respect for his power. This fight he was well aware and kept his distance. That's what I saw at least

Been doing my internet thing, and this fight was definitely lost in training.

AJ had the smarter fight plan.... And it's really that simple.

Ruiz fight plan was to come in heavier an stronger... He wanted the fight to be up close and believed his hand speed and power would be the difference.

Joshua fight plan was to come in leaner and to stay on his toes keeping the fight at a distance and working his jab.

And considering the reach and height advantage... Joshua had the better fight plan for the matchup...

ESPECIALLY considering Ruiz plan to come in heavier meant his footwork would be to slow to get around the jab and close the distance he needed to execute his plan.

I know a lot of people don't see it like that.. But this is why boxing is my favorite sport over everything else. Little shit like that amazes me.

No diss to mma, but that overeem fight was a similar situation... Only difference was overeem didn't have the focus to keep the bigger puncher at Bay with an efficient jab....

Fights go like this sometimes. As they say styles make fights.

Joshua fought a great fight for his opponent.

But that wasn't no Ali shit... It wasn't no Floyd shit.

Them niggaz made people look stupid an hurt the fuck outta guys while moving.

Joshua never hurt Ruiz... And wasn't making him look stupid. Ruiz always looked dangerous in my opinion.

Again. I enjoyed the fight

Back