Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Yes, he threw a 1,2... He didnt knock him out using mind control, how else is he gonna do it... Youre acting like he set up the punch like a prime Larry Holmes or Bob Fitzsimmons... Listen, you got your opinions on the fight, cool...

If you don't call using his jab to gauge his reaction to it to determine when and where to place the straight right a set up...i don't think we are going to agree.

I was rooting for Ortiz, but i can objectively give Wilder his props.

And as far as trying to batmit Ortiz in the corner oldest trick in the book everyone had been nakedly trying to do it since Floyd tagged Ricky Hatton

Word to Adrian Broner trying and failing lol

If you don't call using his jab to gauge his reaction to it to determine when and where to place the straight right a set up...i don't think we are going to agree.

I hear you that's 101 though Wilder hasn't shown great poise skill or boxing iq so when he does it people are acting like he stumbled onto the cure for cancer

Last edited:
Bro just stop... You just said yourself Wilder was getting out boxed and losing rounds and that Wilder's whole game plan was to land the right, everything I just said...

Your whole analysis is of a casual fan, the kinda of fan I avoid talking to about boxing...
I said this? Quote it

Clearly its a range finder and you have to set up daum near every shot but its its elementary... Its almost the first thing you learn in a boxing gym its hardly technical mastery...

When you see someone to something text book in any other sport you point it out.

Someone displays perfect form on a home run swin

Perfect form on a cross over to jumper.

Lamar Jackson with a perfect spin move.

Or a perfect tackle form.

Wilder threw the perfect shot while setting it up with textbook precision.

This is how you teach boxing. You teach people to jab as range finder and execute the straight right when the jab opens it up.

People been trying for so long to discredit Wilder's boxing iq and skills, they don't want give him his props for his technique displayed last night.

That was not a lucky shot.
That was not him forcing his will.
That was not due to pure athleticism.

That was a world class boxer... Effectively using his jab to keep a power puncher at distance while setting him up for the loaded right.

The shit was set up perfect. And I refuse to not acknowledge that Wilder looked composed, sharp, and very knowledgeable in the ring.

I don't think he's ever looked sharper...

Stiverene was athleticism....

THE Fury win was gambling on the KO....

This was precision.... He looked amazing last night

Clearly its a range finder and you have to set up daum near every shot but its its elementary... Its almost the first thing you learn in a boxing gym its hardly technical mastery...
It was technical precision.

That Wilder displayed "technical mastery" during the fight?

I gave him props for setting up the knockout punch.

OK cool... It was a highlight knockout, dudes baseball bat like punch makes every KO a devistating one...

There is no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing (imo), every punch has an intention, I am not saying he was lucky to get the KO, Im saying he was simply losing and he gambles on his one punch power to get him outta trouble, he is blessed to be able to do that...

Thats why there will not be a boring fight with Wilder, even when he fights boxers or defensive minded boxers, like Fury or Parker because he can deliver that knockout outta nowhere so you are always on on edge of your seat even when he is getting out boxed/pointed... Same when you a chiny fighter like say Fury v Wlad you were always tense knowing Fury could get KO'd anytime even though he was boxing circles around Wlad...

Last edited:
When you see someone to something text book in any other sport you point it out.

Someone displays perfect form on a home run swin

Perfect form on a cross over to jumper.

Lamar Jackson with a perfect spin move.

Or a perfect tackle form.

Wilder threw the perfect shot while setting it up with textbook precision.

This is how you teach boxing. You teach people to jab as range finder and execute the straight right when the jab opens it up.

People been trying for so long to discredit Wilder's boxing iq and skills, they don't want give him his props for his technique displayed last night.

That was not a lucky shot.
That was not him forcing his will.
That was not due to pure athleticism.

That was a world class boxer... Effectively using his jab to keep a power puncher at distance while setting him up for the loaded right.

The shit was set up perfect. And I refuse to not acknowledge that Wilder looked composed, sharp, and very knowledgeable in the ring.

I don't think he's ever looked sharper...

Stiverene was athleticism....

THE Fury win was gambling on the KO....

This was precision.... He looked amazing last night
Only thing I disagree with is world class boxer but it's semantics

Brandon Figueroa fought ike a jackass ba

Shit thad me frustrated

There was no way Barthélemy should have lost that fight

See

Fought like a jackass

Last edited:
There is a thin line between skillfully setting up a punch and waiting for an opportunity to strike because that punch is literally the only thing you have.

I'm not going to give someone credit for losing rounds for sake of waiting to land "the big one." You can get credit for being a one of a kind power puncher while still being a piss poor boxer. Those facts don't have to be mutually exclusive the way you Wilder apologists are pretending. I don't see anyone here denying him his greatness.

In this instance we're just witnessing a once in a life time puncher being matched up against pretty good for their time boxers. In a clash of styles once in a life time will win a majority of the time... even if you're matching up fire against water.

the mental pressure trying to avoid one shot for 36 minutes. You better not dare get physically fatigued in this time cause that split second all it takes

niggas may look at Wilder reliance on the straight right as a fault but you miss the beauty and the positive. Wilder rarely got to worry about throwing the wrong punch at the right time.

Floyd Mayweather dominated with a jab, straight right, left hook. Klit sat behind a jab and straight right for years.

it’s a fight at the end of the day and fighters got their own styles to obtain the W

Canelo wanna counter, GGG wanna beat you down, Danny Garcia wanna counter and catch you in between, Shawn Porter going maul, Wilder coming to hit you with the flash

Fury/Ortiz for all the pro energy for their efforts got touched up just as much as they touched him. If he so shit as a boxer, avoid that shot, anybody ?

the mental pressure trying to avoid one shot for 36 minutes. You better not dare get physically fatigued in this time cause that split second all it takes

niggas may look at Wilder reliance on the straight right as a fault but you miss the beauty and the positive. Wilder rarely got to worry about throwing the wrong punch at the right time.

Floyd Mayweather dominated with a jab, straight right, left hook. Klit sat behind a jab and straight right for years.

it’s a fight at the end of the day and fighters got their own styles to obtain the W

Canelo wanna counter, GGG wanna beat you down, Danny Garcia wanna counter and catch you in between, Shawn Porter going maul, Wilder coming to hit you with the flash

Fury/Ortiz for all the pro energy for their efforts got touched up just as much as they touched him. If he so shit as a boxer, avoid that shot, anybody ?

B/c these guys Wilder is fighting aren't that nice in the grand scheme of things. Like I said before, we're talking about the difference between "all-time" and "great for his time" when it comes to these other niggas. This heavyweight era isn't Klitschko era trash but it definitely isn't the 70s/90s either. Fury showed us how beatable Wilder is when an opponent isn't afraid of him.

This conversation kills me though because Wilder is good at what he does... I hate to sound like I'm taking away from him but what we're not going to do is start pretending he's a good boxer in any form or fashion when we know there is such thing as good punchers that aren't great boxers... good boxers that aren't great punchers.

B/c these guys Wilder is fighting aren't that nice in the grand scheme of things. Like I said before, we're talking about the difference between "all-time" and "great for his time" when it comes to these other niggas. This heavyweight era isn't Klitschko era trash but it definitely isn't the 70s/90s either. Fury showed us how beatable Wilder is when an opponent isn't afraid of him.

This conversation kills me though because Wilder is good at what he does... I hate to sound like I'm taking away from him but what we're not going to do is start pretending he's a good boxer in any form or fashion when we know there is such thing as good punchers that aren't great boxers... good boxers that aren't great punchers.
That’s where the slight comes in

”how beatable“

bro he ain’t that beatable.

Fury got Dropped twice and either could’ve did it. He wasn’t that effective at getting his own shots off

Back