Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
number 1 pound for pound

Ortiz face looked exactly how you would expect from seeing that shit land. Boom!

hes on a really good trajectory quietly. All time great.

ALI-10 defenses WILDER 10 defenses.

Wilder has a baseball bat of a right hand, god knows how Fury ever got up from that shot in the 12th round at that...

I had Wilder losing every moment of that fight but he backs himself to land that right hand at some point...

Dude boxed.

That shit was executed perfectly.

Announce team was definitely pro Wilder, but they weren't wrong...

He was setting that shot up all night...

Was never phased by Ortiz offense... Just stayed out of trouble and kept working his jab until the right lined up perfect.

And as soon as it lined up... Pull trigger
. Good night

Perfect

I dont know how you watch a fight but ORTIZ was clearly controlling the distance all night, he was bossing Wilder, literally his font foot was on the outside all night, Wilder couldnt jab or punch because when he did was over extending and scared of what was coming back... Ortiz was applying pressure and pushing Wilder back all fight but like I said above Wilder backs himself to land that hailmary at somepoint in a fight that he was blessed with and it works...

I think it was Paulie Malignaggi that said something like 'Wilder is a one trick pony but its one hell of a trick', hes not far wrong lol

Last edited:
Wilder has a baseball bat of a right hand, god knows how Fury ever got up from that shot in the 12th round at that...

I had Wilder losing every moment of that fight but he backs himself to land that right hand at some point...

I dont know how you watch a fight but ORTIZ was clearly controlling the distance all night, he was bossing Wilder, literally his font foot was on the outside all night, Wilder couldnt jab or punch because when he did extending and scared of what was coming back... Ortiz applying pressure and pushing Wilder back but like I said above Wilder backs himself to land that hailmary at somepoint in a fight that he was blessed with and it works...

I think it was Paulie Malignaggi that said something like 'Wilder is a one trick pony but its one hell of a trick', hes not far wrong lol
Yall gonna discredit this man legacy til the end. For 7 rounds this nigga didnt throw not one power punch til he knew it was the perfect time to do it and when he did he put Ortiz out with one punch. Ortiz was throwing triple jabs all night trying to get in the inside. He even caught wilder with a couple body shots. He couldn't hurt Wilder at all. Noone is fucking with Super Saiyan Wilder bruh. 10 consecutive title defenses! Then he talking about fighting fury in Feb. Foh. So whos next joshua? Ruiz lol

I dont know how you watch a fight but ORTIZ was clearly controlling the distance all night, he was bossing Wilder, literally his font foot was on the outside all night, Wilder couldnt jab or punch because when he did was over extending and scared of what was coming back... Ortiz was applying pressure and pushing Wilder back all fight but like I said above Wilder backs himself to land that hailmary at somepoint in a fight that he was blessed with and it works...

Ortiz was winning rounds that Wilder wasn't trying to win.

He was more concerned about setting up that counter right than out boxing....

Ortiz is a hard puncher... He was not controlling the fight. He was just there. At no point was Wilder in any kinda trouble. No matter how much Ortiz tried to push it, his threat level stay low. Wilder kept him at Bay...

Calling him a one truck pony is retarded.

Cuz his defense was vastly improved.

His timing looked phenomenal

His foot work was great.

To say he only had one punch means you really weren't paying attention. He set that for shit up from the jump.

The trap was set early as fuck. Which is why the KO was so sweet. It wasn't a lucky one trick pony punch. It was a successfully executed fight plan set up over rounds of good work

@Canon

Err no, the reason Wilder didnt throw the right hand was because Ortiz took it way, like just Fury... Ortiz was like I said, controlling the distance in and out of range, thus making Wilder pay if he threw a wild or lazy punch...

Also being a southpaw Ortiz took away the right hand like he should by keeping his foot on the outside of Wilder's and moving away away from Wilder's right making it more obvious when Wilder over extended... Ortiz's boxing IQ is high so its not surprising it played out this way, just like its not surprising Wilder landed the lights out punch...

@Duwop

You really think Wilder didnt try to win rounds??? The look on Wilder's face in between rounds was showed he was concerned... And you really think his footwork is 'great'??? Come on man... He clearly lost the footwork battle, not being able to keep his front foot on the outside of Ortiz's and then his back foot coming off the floor when he over extended was 'great'??? The one thing I love his the mini battle of he feet when a orthadox and southpaw meet or when two technical fighters meee (i.e loma/campbell in recent times)...

Ortiz was feinting and making Wilder second guess with his footwork alone, Ortiz switched off with seconds to go and Wilder to his credit spotted the opening and hit him with the showreel KO...

'To say he only had one punch means you really weren't paying attention. He set that for shit up from the jump'.

Wilder is always looking to set the right up, thats a given, thats not BHop or Benny Leonard levels of mastery... Thats him knowing to win the fight he needs to land his right lol

@Canon

Err no, the reason Wilder didnt throw the right hand was because Ortiz took it way, like just Fury... Ortiz was like I said, controlling the distance in and out of range, thus making Wilder pay if he threw a wild or lazy punch...

Also being a southpaw Ortiz took away the right hand like he should by keeping his foot on the outside of Wilder's and moving away away from Wilder's right making it more obvious when Wilder over extended... Ortiz's boxing IQ is high so its not surprising it played out this way, just like its not surprising Wilder landed the lights out punch...

@Duwop

You really think Wilder didnt try to win rounds??? The look on Wilder's face in between rounds was showed he was concerned... And you really think his footwork is 'great'??? Come on man... He clearly lost the footwork battle, not being able to keep his front foot on the outside of Ortiz's and then his back foot coming off the floor when he over extended was 'great'??? The one thing I love his the mini battle of he feet when a orthadox and southpaw meet or when two technical fighters meee (i.e loma/campbell in recent times)...

Ortiz was feinting and making Wilder second guess with his footwork alone, Ortiz switched off with seconds to go and Wilder to his credit spotted the opening and hit him with the showreel KO...

'To say he only had one punch means you really weren't paying attention. He set that for shit up from the jump'.

Wilder is always looking to set the right up, thats a given, thats not BHop or Benny Leonard levels of mastery... Thats him knowing to win the fight he needs to land his right lol

Disagree, he was pawing that jab out there to set him up... Never looked frustrated.

He set traps.

Executed his plan.

He knows he has one punch power.

They said he couldn't hold his hand out there pre fight, so he jabbed and jabbed. He let Ortiz build up confidence, get comfortable, then pulled the trigger.

I think that fight went exactly how Wilder weaned from bell to bell.

I don't know why y'all wanna discredit that boy. But that was boxing. Ortiz had nothing for him.

Winning a round where 10 total punches landed ain't doing nuffin

Always funny to watch the fights again after the fact.

Especially when most of the commentary favors the fighter that ends up losing.

Related video:

Kobe you're welcome clip.gif

Last edited:
Ortiz was the coal miner chipping away at the wrong spot til his life came crashing down on him ass first. Post fight interview Wilder says he's not concerned about the score cards/judges hes 100% focused on the guy in front of him. Even the announcers commented wilder is setting him up for that tko all night. I knew it was coming when he was sticking his chin out and measuring ortiz with his left hand. I even noticed wilder slowly baiting ortiz to mix up with him on the ropes. Yall cant see the obvious then maybe this sport just isnt for you. Dont watch @waterseeds

Ortiz was the coal miner chipping away at the wrong spot til his life came crashing down on him ass first. Post fight interview Wilder says he's not concerned about the score cards/judges hes 100% focused on the guy in front of him. Even the announcers commented wilder is setting him up for that tko all night. I knew it was coming when he was sticking his chin out and measuring ortiz with his left hand. I even noticed wilder slowly baiting ortiz to mix up with him on the ropes. Yall cant see the obvious then maybe this sport just isnt for you. Dont watch @waterseeds

Bro just stop... You just said yourself Wilder was getting out boxed and losing rounds and that Wilder's whole game plan was to land the right, everything I just said...

Your whole analysis is of a casual fan, the kinda of fan I avoid talking to about boxing...

I just re watched it. He set that up 100%. He even smirked a little right before he threw the right.

Jabbed and he aint get the left up quick enough to block that follow up.

It was over then

And i
@Canon

@Duwop

That part.. i thought those pot shots to the stomach were setting up an over hand he should have done that even more and its hard as fuck to get inside on wilder because of his stature ..If i was Ortiz i would have been frequent with the jab and throw 2 two 3 shots more at varying tempos.. to get Wilder to engage Wilder doenst know what the hell to do when going backwards....see footwork and the infrequency of his jab

This was very similar to the RJJ destroying Virgil Hill with the one body shot...

I mean Roy was prolly winning that fight, cuz it's Roy, but he was going for that one shot all night...

Bhop vs Oscar

Some people just know what to go for....

It's like a sniper... You wait for the opening then you put the power of the almighty in that one shot

I just re watched it. He set that up 100%. He even smirked a little right before he threw the right.

View attachment 193903

Jabbed and he aint get the left up quick enough to block that follow up.

View attachment 193904

It was over then

View attachment 193908

Yes, he threw a 1,2... He didnt knock him out using mind control, how else is he gonna do it... Youre acting like he set up the punch like a prime Larry Holmes or Bob Fitzsimmons... Listen, you got your opinions on the fight, cool...

And i

That part.. i thought those pot shots to the stomach were setting up an over hand he should have done that even more and its hard as fuck to get inside on wilder because of his stature ..If i was Ortiz i would have been frequent with the jab and throw 2 two 3 shots more at varying tempos.. to get Wilder to engage Wilder doenst know what the hell to do when going backwards....see footwork and the infrequency of his jab

Yeah I thought the body shots were a good idea to lower Wilder's hands and take away some of his power... Plus if his hands are lower it makes it harder for him to throw that right...

Back