Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test

Khan: Fans Lost Interest in Brook Fight, They Ask About Pacquiao

Amir Khan believes the boxing public has lost interest in a potential domestic showdown with fellow former world champion Kell Brook.

Fans have been waiting for several years for this fight to happen.

Brook has been inactive since winning a tougher than expected decision over Michael Zerafa last December. He was scheduled to fight last month as part of the undercard to Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz, but he withdrew from the card.

The fight appeared to be within reach in early 2018, when Khan signed a multi-fight deal with Eddie Hearn, who also works with Brook.

Hearn mapped out a plan where both boxers would see action in at least two fights in 2018, before facing each other in early 2019.

But Khan made a decision to take a pass on Brook, and he instead challenged WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford.

Khan lost to Crawford by TKO in six rounds, but came back earlier this month with a demolition of undersized foe Billy Dib.

Now Khan is steering his attention to a potential clash with WBA champion Manny Pacquiao - who captured the belt last Saturday from Keith Thurman.

He feels the fight with Pacquiao is now a much bigger event when compared to a grudge match with Brook.

“I don’t think it [the appetite for the Brook fight] is there anymore. Normally, I’d be walking around the streets and people would be talking about that fight, but now, people aren’t talking about that, they are talking about the Manny Pacquiao fight," Khan said to The Evening Standard.

“People have lost interest in that fight against Brook. There are rumours he’s retired, he’s not retired, I don’t know what he is doing with his career to be honest with you - I’m ready to let it go by, I’m not bothered about it.”

Can't believe what's going on with Dillian Whyte right now. After being busted once, coming back from that, somehow managing to get huge public backing in the UK from fans and Sky Sports, for him to do this should be the end of him if it is confirmed. They didn't even inform Rivass camp smh

Can't believe what's going on with Dillian Whyte right now. After being busted once, coming back from that, somehow managing to get huge public backing in the UK from fans and Sky Sports, for him to do this should be the end of him if it is confirmed. They didn't even inform Rivass camp smh

Its mad, there are so many different stories and reports at the moment Im not sure what to believe... Someone even told me his B sample came back negative but Im not sure on that, I think they have gotten confused with the hearing that cleared him to fight...

Seems he did fail a test though but the traces were so small he was cleared to fight at a hearing 2 hours before the fight... What I dont get is, if the reports are correct on the substance he took, why on earth would he be taking Dbol??? Thats like a real old skool bodybuilding drug that Arnie and them used to munch like Haribo back in the 80s/90s, hes a unit as it is, I was expecting him to have been alleged to have popped on a fat stripping drug as he came in so heavy for this fight...

Also like most high level athletes I would have thought if was doping that he would have designer drugs tailored to him and to make sure he doesnt he caught, I think he is signed up to the WBC anti drug program, UKAD and VADA thats 3 different drug testing programs so why on earth would you take generic drug like Dbol??? Something that you find in bodybuilding gyms, plus it makes you hold tons of water which isnt ideal for a heavyweight fighting over 12rounds...

Its wrong if they didnt tell Rivas, even if he was cleared to fight and the fall out is already huge, Canelo, Mayweather (iv thing), Fury, Ortiz, Povetkin, Stiverne etc all got pretty much swept under the rug with a slap on wrist but this is gonna be huge, especially as boxers like Miller and Wilder are gonna hammer him on social media... I suspect a huge ban if his B sample fails...

At the end of the day, if hes failed I'll be hugely disappointed in him, Ive really admired the way he has become a warrior taking on everyone and fighting against the WBC and playing second behind the likes of AJ, Wilder and Fury trying to get his shot but all that will be tainted by this...

Last edited:
Bruh I don't believe Floyd and Manny wrote them tweets.

Neither one of them niggaz talk that.

I feel like that exchange was orchestrated to gauge the public interest in a rematch

Bro. Of course they didnt write those tweets. Most celebs have ppl who write the tweets for them

Let's say Whyte is guilty.

Isn't funny that drug cheaters are often the most vocal when it comes to accuse other fighters and athletes for being dirty and act like they are clean? I'm talking about fighters like Fury, Miller and now probably Whyte...etc.

I'm sick and tired of all these drug cheat hypocrites.

Let's say Whyte is guilty.

Isn't funny that drug cheaters are often the most vocal when it comes to accuse other fighters and athletes for being dirty and act like they are clean? I'm talking about fighters like Fury, Miller and now probably Whyte...etc.

I'm sick and tired of all these drug cheat hypocrites.

I think the loud cheats just stick out in your memory more because its ironic... But I would still say their are more 'quite' cheaters found guilty, Canelo, Povetkin, Ortiz, Stiverne, Beltran etc, even Mayweather hooked up to an I.V, had it not been Mayweather (especially during the biggest fight of all time) there would have been much more scrutiny and possible ban with that...

Also the problem is fighters fail tests, serve bans whilst maybe saying they have injuries and then resume their careers without the public knowing...

Another thing is its not just the physical damage PED cheats do, its the mental and career damage to the fighters they beat too...

David Price fought and one the other week and won in a domestic fight, but its a reminder how bad his career went down hill after getting KO but Tony Thompson (twice) who then he popped, before that he was the next big thing and talks of who was better him, AJ or Fury... But his confidence was shot after them KO's, then he went on to get KO'd by Teper in a big career resurrecting fight, who then popped after... He got KO'd Povetkin who had already popped twice before, these fights pretty much ruined his confidence and career, more so the Thompson fights as they were his first losses...

Tank really is street as fuck.....

like that shit crazy, i hope he stay focused, but he about as street as a boxer can be......

I need to get to that gym more, it's a cool gym, i worked out there a few times....my cousin stay in there, i think he gonna be with the trainers Saturday night

Back