Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Fighters shouldn't HAVE to sign multiple fight contacts with a promotion company just to get a fight. ESPECIALLY if they are doing fine without said promotional contract.

These promoters think they hold all the cards, when in reality they just holding up fights from happening. They really operate under the belief system that a fighter is scum if they don't agree to a multiple fight contact.

Shits exhausting.... Cuz they stay calling niggaz cowards for not signing their lives away when it's proven that when they know what they doing fighters can make more without the contacts.

I understand it ain't for everybody, but if guys like Wilder and Spence want to take their chances.... They should have that right.

I don't understand what's so difficult about hearn agreeing on a one fight deal for Wilder/Joshua. I mean I do understand, Hearn wants to make as much off of Wilder as he can. But he's clearly hip to that, and didn't like the offer.

Doesn't make him scared, just smart. And the world hates smart black men who won't lay down.

Same shit with Spence. Only reason he can't fight Crawford, is cuz he won't sign a multiple fight deal with top rank.

These promoters are the true scum

Fighters shouldn't HAVE to sign multiple fight contacts with a promotion company just to get a fight. ESPECIALLY if they are doing fine without said promotional contract.

These promoters think they hold all the cards, when in reality they just holding up fights from happening. They really operate under the belief system that a fighter is scum if they don't agree to a multiple fight contact.

Shits exhausting.... Cuz they stay calling niggaz cowards for not signing their lives away when it's proven that when they know what they doing fighters can make more without the contacts.

I understand it ain't for everybody, but if guys like Wilder and Spence want to take their chances.... They should have that right.

I don't understand what's so difficult about hearn agreeing on a one fight deal for Wilder/Joshua. I mean I do understand, Hearn wants to make as much off of Wilder as he can. But he's clearly hip to that, and didn't like the offer.

Doesn't make him scared, just smart. And the world hates smart black men who won't lay down.

Same shit with Spence. Only reason he can't fight Crawford, is cuz he won't sign a multiple fight deal with top rank.

Yeah I kinda agree at the top level multi fight deals are a pain... I think its good for security when youre starting out as young fighter, you can help map a fighters career to a certain level and they dont have to worry about money etc a fighter just has to train but once you get to elite level it can stall the big fights...

DAZN were willing to offer less to Wilder, so I think they would of agreed to a 2 fight deal (x2 AJ fights) had he negotiated with them... Hearn has/had quite a few fighters on fight by fight deal, Whyte is on that deal for example which makes him not getting the Wilder fight even more frustrating to me...

Exactly, good post!

https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-on-wilder-rematch-either-i-kill-him-he-kills-me--139538

Luis Ortiz on Wilder Rematch: Either I Kill Him or He Kills Me!
By Elisinio Castillo

Cuban heavyweight puncher Luis Ortiz is a very happy man.

For over a year, he's been calling for a rematch with WBC world champion Deontay Wilder.

On Tuesday, Wilder announced that a deal was reached to face Ortiz in the final few months of the year. The fight is being targeted for a date in September.

Last March, Wilder stopped Ortiz in the tenth round.

But before that happened, Ortiz had Wilder in serious trouble in the seventh round.

Ortiz was convinced that the ringside officials gave Wilder extra time to recover at the start of the eight round, when time was called so the ringside officials could check on Wilder.

"Even in other fights, I always thought about the rematch with Wilder. The fight could be tomorrow and I'm already at one hundred percent," Ortiz told George Ebro.

"If I threw 900 punches at him, now I'm going to throw him twice that amount at him. I had having a good fight until the moment when I put him in a bad state in the seventh round. Now I will be in greater control of what happens. I have been waiting for [the rematch] because I want to get rid of this thorn and show that I can be world champion.

"Being a world champion is something that pushes you. I have asked my wife to help me to the fullest, to give me 200 percent support, to devote myself body and soul to this fight. It is not easy to get up and take the children to school, look for them later, this and that. I do not have time now.

"[They call me] the Boogeyman, the old man. I maintain myself, I remain in the elite of the division, training, with the desire to be world champion. That is my goal and it has not changed at all. This fight is going to be worse than the first one. I already told him once and I will repeat it now: this fight is not going to reach the twelfth round. Either you kill me or I kill you. Either I kill you or you kill me. It's going to be one of the two."

tenor.gif

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-explains-why-he-finalized-ortiz-passed-on-joshua--139540

Wilder Explains Why He Finalized Ortiz, Passed on Joshua

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder is very eager to do a lot of damage when he steps in the ring with Luis Ortiz for a second time.

On Tuesday, Wilder announced that a deal was reached to face Ortiz in a rematch. The fight is being targeted for a date in September.

The announcement was a crushing below to the handlers of IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO champion Anthony Joshua.

According to Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn, their entire focus for next week was going to be the negotiations for a potential unification with Wilder.

But that won't happen this year.

And Wilder was 100% confident that a showdown with Joshua would never materialize in 2019.

Joshua will defend his titles on June 1, against Andy Ruiz at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

"I knew none of these major fights were going to happen this year, so why not go ahead and get Ortiz II in there?" Wilder said to The Los Angeles Times.

"This was the perfect time to finish [Ortiz] in a better fashion, and better than to wait on 'this major fight.' ... I do not trust anything that [Joshua and his team] say. And who else is fighting Ortiz? "

"The ones who hate this, I understand that because they want Wilder-Joshua. Everyone is impatient. They want what they want, but knowing I'm the most exciting heavyweight in the world, you'll still watch the [Ortiz] fight, no matter what, because I bring the drama and the pain. You know Ortiz is going to get up for this big fight. We saw it with me. Every fighter who goes against me gives it their best because they're going in there with a killer. You only get exciting fights, and that's what I want to bring to the world."

The first time around, in March 2018, Wilder stopped Ortiz in the tenth round. But Ortiz came very close to stopping Wilder in the seventh. Wilder recovered and eventually dropped Ortiz two times in the tenth for a stoppage win.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-joshua-refused-facetime-good-see-them-begging--139551

Wilder: Joshua Refused To FaceTime, Good To See Them Begging

A few days ago, Anthony Joshua explained that he wants to sit down with his heavyweight rival, WBC champion Deontay Wilder, to work out all of their outstanding issues and finalize a deal for a unification.

Wilder does not believe him.

According to Wilder, he made an attempt to have a private conversation with Joshua on FaceTime - and he claims the British star had refused to have a conversation without a third party involved on his side.

After that incident happened, Wilder was convinced that Joshua and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, were not serious about making a deal.

"What have they done so far to be believable?" Wilder said to The Los Angeles Times.

"I've tried to do it privately with some mutual friends. [Joshua] did not want to do it without someone there with him on FaceTime conversation. Why would you want to do that? It's me and you. Are you scared of me or something? This whole thing of, 'We've got to sit down ....' They're just saying something, man, because at the end of the day. I do not have a boss. Joshua has a boss, [Hearn's] Matchroom Boxing.

"You know when it's real and you know when someone's just talking. We've spoke before for four months. I've been in there with them. You do not think you know a person when they're lying or not? Without [Matchroom], this fight would be done a long time ago. He can say all he wants. They still have a say-so on him. So why sit and talk with him? He's not on my level. I'm not chasing nobody no more. The shoe's on the other foot. I know the fight's going to happen eventually, but it's good to see them begging."

"And no matter what people think, when it comes to the night of the fight and I knock [Joshua] out, the ones who doubted are going to look like a fool. I can not wait for that moment to come. We've got a plan. We're doing our thing. When they're ready, let's make it happen. I've been trying to make this fight. When they're ready, I'll be ready. "

Joshua is back on Saturday night, when he defends his IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO belts against Andy Ruiz at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Wilder announced earlier this week, that he will face Luis Ortiz in a rematch this fall.

I just don't think Wilder trusts any multiple fight deal. Even if it's just two.

Wilder fights hard, if for any reason he's not ready to go when Hearn wants him to, it could be a legal dispute.... And that's just one example why some top guys don't want those kind of restrictions.... Plus he might want to put a cap on his earnings.... At the end of the day if he can't trust him they going to need more legal eyes on whatever contact is signed.

Which is why Wilder keeps saying just have patience.... There's just too much to review when signing a contract with a guy you don't trust

I'm cool with Wilder not wanting to sign a multi-fight deal with DAZN. It makes plenty of sense to me. My issue with Wilder is he is doing himself no favors in raising his profile and name with the dumb shit he says and the way he tries to promote himself. Wilder just a goofy ass nigga who thinks he's cool but to majority of people they like look at this clown ass nigga.

Wilder and his people fucking up if they put Wilder vs Ortiz II on ppv. That shit is going to flop hard.

He and his team are chumps for not using Joshua's fight to promote the fight.. He won't be there.. And making the Louis Ortiz bout before any attempts at negotiation.. No better time and place to sell a fight after they both have devastating KO's in MSG on the heels of KING OF MONSTERS piggy back off that and ride the wave..

Katie lumped shorty eye something serious..

I'm not against that decision

Back