Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
I get that, thats half the problem for Wilder its thinking 'what if he loses'... AJ still has massive fan base to work with if he loses, Wilder doesnt...

But Al still has a ton of champions who Showtime want though, they wont stop fckn with him if Wilder loses his bit of pulling power... Again like I said though Al should be working for Wilder and whats best for him, and thats getting delivering AJ fight and making some concessions...

Besides Spence Haymon ain't got too many who are truly moving the needle. Showtime cutting down on those dates and will also probably want Haymon fighters signed to exclusive deals is going to fuck with Haymon business cause that is also going fuck with what he has going on with Fox.

So what are the concessions that Hearn and Joshua are making? You right he needs to deliver the Joshua fight but at what cost to Wilder and him?

All sides are protecting their investment. I can agree that some probably more than others but they all have some bullshit with them.

Ain't no 50/50 to accept if he fights on DAZN cause the purses are already set by the deal he would sign to be on that network. So he just talking shit to be talking shit. Somebody should've called him on that bullshit.

Don't nobody give a fuck about any of those fights. Wilder, Fury and Joshua are all doing themselves a disservice because the only fights people want to see is them against each other. The only person who won't take flack for not fighting them is when 2 of them are facing each other so the odd fighter has to fight somebody in the mean time.

Look man you know the score.... They could negotiate, the first offer was just to throw something out there to get the ball rolling, like buying a used car you always throw a number out there but they didnt even counter, they said no and dipped...

And they could negotiate so it works out they get an equal split, this fight is an exception to normality but anyways if Wilder was to get say $100mill for 2 fights, does it really matter??? Seriously??? AJ could be on a longer term deal, Wilder could make a quick 100mill and go back to Al after 2 fights....... with all the belts... And tbh the unified champ normally gets a bigger cut anyways, especially if he is willing to travel to the other fighters country AND brings more fans... But weve been down that road, Im sure they could agree on an equivalent of 50/50 or 55/45 split if they sat in a room and Al gave his blessing...

Or like I said if Al/Shelly just called Hearn's bluff and said bang, here is 50million and proof of funds and put it in an escrow account...

Last edited:
So what are the concessions that Hearn and Joshua are making? You right he needs to deliver the Joshua fight but at what cost to Wilder and him?

Having the in America for starters and now they are willing to sit down and try work it and not dictate the terms, like both camps did first time around... But ff Wilder's team wont sit and talk it cant happen...

Also you see how careful AJ treads now when talking about the fight??? (breakfast club for example) so as to not antagonise Wilder's team because both camp's egos and talking reckless pretty much burnt this fight in the first place... Even Hearn has stopped winding Shelly up and seems willing to wipe the slate clean and try again, and try keep everything behind closed doors to make it happen...

Look man you know the score.... They could negotiate, the first offer was just to throw something out there to get the ball rolling, like buying a used car you always throw a number out there but they didnt even counter, they said no and dipped...

And they could negotiate so it works out they get an equal split, this fight is an exception to normality but anyways if Wilder was to get say $100mill for 2 fights, does it really matter??? Seriously??? AJ could be on a longer term deal, Wilder could make a quick 100mill and go back to Al after 2 fights....... with all the belts... And tbh the unified champ normally gets a bigger cut anyways, especially if he is willing to travel to the other fighters country AND brings more fans... But weve been down that road, Im sure they could agree on an equivalent of 50/50 or 55/45 split if they sat in a room and Al gave his blessing...

Or like I said if Al/Shelly just called Hearn's bluff and said bang, here is 50million and proof of funds and put it in an escrow account...

The bigger star gets the bulk of the money not who has more belts. Truthfully speaking Joshua is the bigger star IMO and has more belts. I don't think Wilder should get 50/50 even if it was that type of situation which it isn't. There ain't shit to split if they've signed off on deals where the purses that they make is already worked out.

Canelo shit for example is 10 fights at 360 mill. When Canelo fights anybody ain't shit for them to split the opponent signs a contract for a set purse. Wilder obviously doesn't want to do that. What you not understanding about that or did you not know this?

Al did that already and Hearn turned it down cause with that offer the fight had to be in America and Hearn and Joshua don't want the first fight to be in America.

Having the in America for starters and now they are willing to sit down and try work it and not dictate the terms, like both camps did first time around... But ff Wilder's team wont sit and talk it cant happen...

Also you see how careful AJ treads now when talking about the fight??? (breakfast club for example) so as to not antagonise Wilder's team because both camp's egos and talking reckless pretty much burnt this fight in the first place... Even Hearn has stopped winding Shelly up and seems willing to wipe the slate clean and try again, and try keep everything behind closed doors to make it happen...

The rematch will be in America not the first fight. That has been known for a while now.

Speaking nicely to the media about your opponent ain't no fucking concession.

A concession would be if Wilder wins the first fight then they work something out with DAZN where Joshua for one fight can fight on Showtime ppv in the rematch. Shit like that is a real concession.

The rematch will be in America not the first fight. That has been known for a while now.

Speaking nicely to the media about your opponent ain't no fucking concession.

No they are willing to have the fight in America, originally AJ/Hearn wanted it in the UK then a rematch in US...

I didnt say 'talking nice' was the concession, I said the lack of trash talking (which helped ruin the first round of negotiations) shows they are trying to make it happen, rather than talking trash like Wilder keeps doing knowing full well its not gonna happen...

Last edited:
The bigger star gets the bulk of the money not who has more belts. Truthfully speaking Joshua is the bigger star IMO and has more belts. I don't think Wilder should get 50/50 even if it was that type of situation which it isn't. There ain't shit to split if they've signed off on deals where the purses that they make is already worked out.

Canelo shit for example is 10 fights at 360 mill. When Canelo fights anybody ain't shit for them to split the opponent signs a contract for a set purse. Wilder obviously doesn't want to do that. What you not understanding about that or did you not know this?

Al did that already and Hearn turned it down cause with that offer the fight had to be in America and Hearn and Joshua don't want the first fight to be in America.

Do you not understand what Im saying??? Wilder could negotiate his fee by saying right, AJ has signed for X amount of fights and is getting X amount of money, calculate how much this fight is worth to his contract over these two fights (by deducting how many fights he has had etc), I want the same... that would make it the equivalent of a 50/50... But Wilder needs to bend too to make it happen, I mean if he is he ends up taking home $100 for two fights, its not a bad couple nights work...

You need to stop comparing this fight deal to any other fight, this needs to break the mould much like like Floyd/Manny, Tyson/Lewis where Showtime and HBO worked together and Buffer and JLjr announced each networks fighters... It can happen and they can agree terms...... if they are all willing to work together, like I said you can work out an equivalent to a 50/50 45/55 split...

Anyways this tiring, we will see what happens...

I will say Ive noticed alot of people that where slagging off AJ and championing Wilder start turning on Wilder now...

Hopefully if fans keep the pressure on both fighters it will happen, I would hate for this fight not to happen or one of them loses before we get to see it...

Do you not understand what Im saying??? Wilder could negotiate his fee by saying right, AJ has signed for X amount of fights and is getting X amount of money, calculate how much this fight is worth to his contract over these two fights (by deducting how many fights he has had etc), I want the same... that would make it the equivalent of a 50/50... But Wilder needs to bend too to make it happen, I mean if he is he ends up taking home $100 for two fights, its not a bad couple nights work...

You need to stop comparing this fight deal to any other fight, this needs to break the mould much like like Floyd/Manny, Tyson/Lewis where Showtime and HBO worked together and Buffer and JLjr announced each networks fighters... It can happen and they can agree terms...... if they are all willing to work together, like I said you can work out an equivalent to a 50/50 45/55 split...

What you saying is easily understood what you failing or flat refusing to get is that Wilder doesn't want a flat fee regardless of if its equal to or not what Joshua is getting.

This fight ain't breaking no fucking mold either.

Anyways this tiring, we will see what happens...

I will say Ive noticed alot of people that where slagging off AJ and championing Wilder start turning on Wilder now...

Hopefully if fans keep the pressure on both fighters it will happen, I would hate for this fight not to happen or one of them loses before we get to see it...

I don't care if either one of them loses. It would matter how one of them loses though. Getting dominated would have one of them looking funny and take a lot steam off the fight.

As long as they fight when they are both still prime is all that matters. One loss by both or just one shouldn't make a huge difference in how good of a fight it "should" be.

What you saying is easily understood what you failing or flat refusing to get is that Wilder doesn't want a flat fee regardless of if its equal to or not what Joshua is getting.

This fight ain't breaking no fucking mold either.

That is a 50/50 though, thats what he wanted... Why would Wilder not accept a flat 50/50 fee if him and AJ are getting the same, record braking money??? That kinda thing will ruin the fight and its a duck or blind arrogance, he will never make that kinda of money ever, neither prolly will AJ...

I don't care if either one of them loses. It would matter how one of them loses though. Getting dominated would have one of them looking funny and take a lot steam off the fight.

As long as they fight when they are both still prime is all that matters. One loss by both or just one shouldn't make a huge difference in how good of a fight it "should" be.

We wouldnt care, but casual fans would, they are fixated on the magical '0'... Plus it would give the fighter that lost less leverage...

That is a 50/50 though, thats what he wanted... Why would Wilder not accept a flat 50/50 fee if him and AJ are getting the same, record braking money??? That kinda thing will ruin the fight and its a duck or blind arrogance, he will never make that kinda of money ever, neither prolly will AJ...

Cause he wants a ppv upside deal and with DAZN they can't get that cause of how its setup. That is why I keep saying Wilder doesn't want a cap on the money.

Wilder feels like a traditional ppv is what's best because he can get a 30mill guarantee and some ppv upside that might push what he takes home to 70mill for 1 fight. With the dazn deal he only getting what he signs for no matter what the fight actually makes in total and feels that is a rip off.

Like I said before I can't blame him for betting on himself.

We wouldnt care, but casual fans would, they are fixated on the magical '0'... Plus it would give the fighter that lost less leverage...

True but those casuals would still buy the fight. Especially if promoters would fucking do their jobs and promote the fighters.

True but those casuals would still buy the fight. Especially if promoters would fucking do their jobs and promote the fighters.

I dont think as many would tune in at all if one lost... As much as I dislike Hearn, he could sell water to a well... I think thats why Wilder results to saying his dumb killing people in the ring rhetoric to try drum up interest due to his lack of promoting or interest...

Plus no way in hell I see Wilder raking 40mil from PPV receipts either, Canelo and GGG didnt earn that, plus UK fans only pay £20 for PPV...

'According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Alvarez would earn an official purse of $5 million and Golovkin was to make a $4 million purse. It was reported with profits of the PPV, Alvarez would potentially earn around $40 million and Golovkin could earn $30 million.[51]'

Anyways, this is like beating a dead horse right now...

I dont think as many would tune in at all if one lost...

Plus no way in hell I see Wilder raking 40mil from PPV receipts either, Canelo and GGG didnt earn that, plus UK fans only pay £20 for PPV...

'According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Alvarez would earn an official purse of $5 million and Golovkin was to make a $4 million purse. It was reported with profits of the PPV, Alvarez would potentially earn around $40 million and Golovkin could earn $30 million.[51]'

Anyways, this is like beating a dead horse right now...

Probably wouldn't but I don't think it would be a noticeable drop off. Especially if the losing fighter had a big KO win even if it was against a total bum right before the big fight happened.

I'm stating what he wants. We both know usually what people get is something totally different than what they want.

He betting on himself. Win or lose he should be OK with it cause he putting it on the line for himself and not letting someone else determine what he's worth.

Fact his he really is too game for the fight.. period.
Casual fans don't care about records they care about a reason to tune in.... U build the hype promote it people will naturally show up and tune in you just have to make it trending

Fact his he really is too game for the fight.. period.

Casual fans don't care about records they care about a reason to tune in.... U build the hype promote it people will naturally show up and tune in you just have to make it trending

Nah they do, the second someone loses all of a sudden they are bums or overhyped... Floyd and tv networks put so much emphasises on the '0' if a fighter loses now they need to rebuild... Or they pad their record out because they are scared to lose their 0...

Thats one reason I dont talk boxing with people at work or watch boxing with casual fans, its just mind numbing...

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-joshua-never-fight-me-he-big-pssy-shthouse--139507

Fury: Joshua Will Never Fight Me - He is a Big P*ssy Sh*thouse!

By Ryan Burton

LAS VEGAS - Tyson Fury (27-0-1) is currently wrapping up his training camp for his June 15th showdown against Tom Schwarz (24-0) at the MGM Grand Garden. The fight will headline a card being streamed on ESPN+.

BoxingScene.com recently caught up with the lineal heavyweight champion at the Top Rank headquarters where he met with select members of the media.

When Fury was last seen in action in December, he battled Deontay Wilder to a controversial draw in Los Angeles. Fury won the majority of the rounds but the WBC champion sent Fury crashing to the canvas on two occasions. Many observers felt Fury had done enough to earn the victory.

A rematch was being discussed for this spring but Fury ended up signing a co-promotional contract with Bob Arum's Top Rank and the chairman has stated that he would like to build the fight up this year so that it becomes a bigger pay-per-view success next year.

When asked what would happen in a rematch, Fury told BoxingScene.com, "You will find out but I promised Deontay Wilder when next time we face, I will wipe the floor of him."

As far as a potential fight against UK rival Anthony Joshua, Fury wasn't so optimistic. In fact, he doesn't believe the WBA/WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion is interested in ever fighting him.

"No, because you need nuts to fight me and nuts he doesn't have. Cojones, bullocks, testicles, whatever you want to call them. Eddie Hearn owns Joshua's nuts, they are in his handbag. So when he becomes a man come see me," said Fury. "It is unfortunate but it is reality. Joshua is a big p*ssy sh*thouse. If you don't know what that means it means you flap - a lot."

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-on-anthony-joshuas-options-usyk-pulev-fury-whyte--139537

Hearn on Anthony Joshua's Options: Usyk, Pulev, Fury, Whyte

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Anthony Joshua insists he is not underestimating Mexican opponent Andy Ruiz as he prepares to defend his unified world heavyweight crown on US soil for the first time at Madison Square Garden on Saturday.

British star Joshua is an overwhelming favorite to extend his unbeaten record against Ruiz, a late replacement for Jarrell Miller, who withdrew from the bout after failing three drug tests in April.

Bookmakers are offering odds of 1/20 for Joshua to make Ruiz the 23rd victim of a professional career which has seen him accumulate the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight belts since his gold medal at the 2012 Olympics.

But Joshua insists he is paying no attention to the bookmakers as he prepares for a fight that he describes as an upset waiting to happen.

Joshua, who has delivered 21 knockouts in his 22 victories, will, however, be determined to deliver an explosive performance as he aims to build a broader following in the United States on his American debut.

The Londoner hopes Saturday's bout in New York will edge him closer to an eventual superfight against either WBC champion Deontay Wilder or fellow Briton Tyson Fury.

The prospect of a swift unification bout between Joshua and Wilder receded further on Wednesday, when WBC champion Wilder said he had agreed a rematch with Cuba's Luis Ortiz later this year.

“AJ is focused on this. Wilder has decided he doesn’t want to fight Joshua so we have to focus on this career," Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, told Sky Sports.

“This is dangerous, you take your eye off the ball for a minute and these challengers will turn your lights out. Joshua has to stay focused, this guy will do everything to try and knock him out.

“This is just the beginning. You’ve got Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte, the two mandatories which is likely to be Oleksandr Usyk and Kubrat Pulev as well, we’re fine for opponents. The one we wanted though was Deontay Wilder but if he won’t fight him, there’s nothing we can do. Forget about him and focus on what we can do."

Back