Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Man, Wilder's trash talking is cringe worth... Just rambles on talking nonsense and saying Breazeale's family should make funeral arrangements is poor form...

Wilder turned *apparently* turned down a 3 fight $100million DAZN deal (Brazeale and x2 AJ) to fight a Brazeale for what a couple mill??? We could of gotten a HW unification fight, or two smh

The devil is in the details. Those details we usually don't know about.

Could've been a good deal or a situation where all money ain't good money so Wilder turned it down.

tenor.gif

Wanted the fight. Not the contract.

That's the message he's sending to young fighters.

Same with Errol when he said y'all don't take care of black fighters.

Oscar, Arum, Hearn..... Fuck them cacs

Boxing prolly the only sport where black folk really taking control. Either fuck with Haymon or get ignored

The devil is in the details. Those details we usually don't know about.

Could've been a good deal or a situation where all money ain't good money so Wilder turned it down.

But it would of pretty much guarantied two fights with AJ... Yeah Brazeale isnt PPV but his next two fights will be PPV so thats prolly $160 there... Hes talking about fans and legacy, he could of taken $100mil and nailed on two GOAT fights and we could of finally unified the HW division...

The detail couldnt of been too bad if it was for only 3 fights, one of them being the fight he is taking now anyways... My guess is Al Haymon once again not letting his fighters too far out of reach... I got a feeling its gonna be a real frustrating year of HW boxing...

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-flush-with-options-still-wants-mayweather-rematch--137222

Pacquiao flush with options, but still wants Mayweather rematch

Manny Pacquiao is a man with options.

He was ringside at AT&T Stadium on Saturday night and cordially engaged potential opponent Errol Spence Jr. after the IBF welterweight champ pitched a scorecard shutout over Mikey Garcia.

That fight could happen as soon as July, given Pacquiao’s liberty from the Filipino senate around that time and Spence’s willingness to make it convenient for his would-be blockbuster marquee foil.

But all indicators suggest Pacquiao wants something else.

“Floyd would be the preference, unfinished business,” said Fred Sternburg, Pacquiao’s long-time publicist at Top Rank and now that the 40-year-old is affiliated with Al Haymon.

Trainer Freddie Roach told Boxing Scene in December that a rematch with Mayweather is indeed his famous charge’s first choice, even amid a promotional stable that includes Spence and fellow champions Keith Thurman (WBA) and Shawn Porter (WBC).

Sternburg, who was with Pacquiao in Dallas, said it’s no cinch that “Money” wants another go-round.

He said it’s Pacquiao’s impression that (Mayweather) “seems to be enjoying his retirement. He may not want to come back and fight younger fighters like me. I want to stay active and fight again this summer. Real fights against real fighters.”

Mayweather, now 42, beat Pacquiao in May 2015, then retired after out-pointing Andre Berto four months later. He beat boxing novice Conor McGregor in a pay-per-view circus in 2017 and recently returned to stop a Japanese MMA fighter in a highly-publicized exhibition. He’s been coy about plans with Pacquiao, but was also in Dallas and sat ringside for Pacquiao’s defeat of Adrien Broner in January.

Sternburg says he saw some cracks.

“Floyd’s body language betrays him,” he said. “He clearly did not like what he saw at ringside when Manny blitzed Broner. He seemed stunned.”

They should show the Wilder Brazeale fight between commercials

1 word Timber ..
Fucked up how fury is left out in the cold.. Wilder needs to fight Ortiz again Fury and Joshua

The size issue most focused on was weight. That is what I'm talking about when I said size was problem but it wasn't as big of a problem as most thought it would be. I stand by that because Spence could've probably bullied Mikey and got the KO but he didn't.

Easter had an even bigger size advantage(reach & height) over Mikey than Spence did and we all saw the difference in the caliber fighter Spence is in how he beat Mikey and Easter couldn't do shit with Mikey.

Easter's problem is that he doesn't know how to use his reach and height and fight tall. Spence has one of the best jabs in boxing today. Mikey couldn't get past that jab. It was a beautiful display of boxing. Spence used his skills reach height and weight to his advantage and beat Mikey in every aspect of the game.

Mikey should move down to 135 and try to get a fight vs Lomachenko. Spence vs Crawford won't happen anytime soon but we'll most likely see Spence vs Pac later this year. That's also a good fight .

Last edited:
But it would of pretty much guarantied two fights with AJ... Yeah Brazeale isnt PPV but his next two fights will be PPV so thats prolly $160 there... Hes talking about fans and legacy, he could of taken $100mil and nailed on two GOAT fights and we could of finally unified the HW division...

The detail couldnt of been too bad if it was for only 3 fights, one of them being the fight he is taking now anyways... My guess is Al Haymon once again not letting his fighters too far out of reach... I got a feeling its gonna be a real frustrating year of HW boxing...

Possibly true but at that same time that contract is tying Wilder to DAZN and putting a cap on what he can make. It's quite possible that he could make more than that with 2 Joshua fights without DAZN.

I want to see Wilder vs Joshua but I can't fault that man for gambling on himself to make more money. Whether he does or doesn't remains to be seen.

Since Wilder wants to remain a free agent that 3 fights deal is bad to him. Why not sign for 1 fight against Joshua on DAZN since truthfully Joshua is the A-side at the table. If Wilder wins let the rematch fight go to the highest bidder.

Possibly true but at that same time that contract is tying Wilder to DAZN and putting a cap on what he can make. It's quite possible that he could make more than that with 2 Joshua fights without DAZN.

I want to see Wilder vs Joshua but I can't fault that man for gambling on himself to make more money. Whether he does or doesn't remains to be seen.

Since Wilder wants to remain a free agent that 3 fights deal is bad to him. Why not sign for 1 fight against Joshua on DAZN since truthfully Joshua is the A-side at the table. If Wilder wins let the rematch fight go to the highest bidder.

That could all be true but just gets the fighters on the same 'team' in a sense and gets the ball rolling... $100mill is crazy money for 3 fights, especially as one is against a punching bag, and he could probably negotiated even more if he was serious about the deal plus I cant see him making more than that anyway... Lets say he makes $5mill against Brazeale, no way I see him making $95mil in two fights against AJ anyother way... Truefully I think Haymon is projecting Wilder and his belt...

And with Fury over at Fox I dont think he will be fighting Wilder or AJ anytime soon either, if any if these 3 dont fight eachother its gonna be bleak 2019 for HW division...

That could all be true but just gets the fighters on the same 'team' in a sense and gets the ball rolling... $100mill is crazy money for 3 fights, especially as one is against a punching bag, and he could probably negotiated even more if he was serious about the deal plus I cant see him making more than that anyway... Lets say he makes $5mill against Brazeale, no way I see him making $95mil in two fights against AJ anyother way... Truefully I think Haymon is projecting Wilder and his belt...

And with Fury over at Fox I dont think he will be fighting Wilder or AJ anytime soon either, if any if these 3 dont fight eachother its gonna be bleak 2019 for HW division...

We agree we want to see the fights but without the details of both sides I can't really say its a stupid move on Wilder's side. I would lean towards it not being his best move but like I said earlier. I can't knock a man for shooting his shot at something feels is better for him in the long run.

https://www.boxingscene.com/breazeale-sent-gifts-boxer-who-knocked-out-wilders-brother--137249

Breazeale Sent Gifts To Boxer Who Knocked Out Wilder's Brother
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Dominic Breazeale was so thankful, he mailed William Deets a few tokens of his appreciation.

Once Deets knocked out Marsellos Wilder on January 26, Breazeale sent Deets shirts, sweatpants and a hat that bear Breazeale’s nickname, “Trouble.” Breazeale wants to take out Deets for a steak dinner, too.

That’s how much Breazeale enjoyed the journeyman’s fourth-round, technical-knockout of Deontay Wilder’s younger brother. Breazeale’s beef with Marsellos Wilder stems from the melee Breazeale believes Marsellos Wilder incited two years ago in the lobby of a Birmingham hotel.

Breazeale detailed Tuesday how Marsellos Wilder punched him on the back of his head during that late-night skirmish in February 2017. Their argument began at ringside at nearby Legacy Arena, where Wilder stopped Gerald Washington and Breazeale beat Izu Ugonoh by TKO on the same FOX card.

Birmingham police broke up the ensuing brawl at The Westin Birmingham. No arrests were made related to that incident, which took place in front of Breazeale’s wife and two young children.

Breazeale later filed a lawsuit, which he acknowledged Tuesday is unlikely to result in him receiving monetary damages.

That’s another reason Breazeale was so thrilled when he learned Deets defeated Marsellos Wilder on the non-televised portion of the Keith Thurman-Josesito Lopez undercard at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Breazeale (20-1, 18 KOs) discussed that satisfaction Tuesday following a press conference to officially announce his May 18 fight against Deontay Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

“Oh man, I was so excited,” Breazeale told BoxingScene.com. “I was so excited that I sent ‘Trouble’ gear to his opponent’s home. I wanted to take him out to dinner, buy him a steak. For me, that was so bittersweet because, you know, karma, it happens. It’s gonna come full circle. For him to punch me in the back of the head, and me have to think about that on a daily basis, as a man, that’s degrading, right? And the fact, on top of that, is like you hit me in the back of the head – I don’t know if I punch you, well, she punches you in the back of the head, you go down, you probably stay down, right?

“I got back up to fight and I see this dude high-tailing it the hell out of here, right? So, I mean, if you’re gonna throw a punch, at least stick around and see, give me a shot to get a rebuttal, right? So, it was beautiful. It was beautiful that I got the news of that. I watch it and watch it. I walk into the game room of my house, and it’s highlighted. It just runs on a reel, him getting knocked out. It’s a beautiful thing.”

Marsellos Wilder bounced back from his loss to Deets (7-13, 3 KOs) by winning Saturday night in Arlington, Texas. The 29-year-old Wilder (4-1, 3 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, scored a first-round TKO of Mark Sanchez (0-2) on the Errol Spence Jr.-Mikey Garcia undercard at AT&T Stadium.

Back