Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's my breakdown.

Tyson was way too awkward and was confusing Wilder while landing the better shots .

A few early rounds I gave to Wilder like the 4th and 5th cuz I thought fury's jab was all fluff....

But it was landing.... So I started giving fury the rounds when I feel it was the most effective punch... Cuz he kept throwing it....

Late in the fight it looked like Wilder said fuck trying to figure this shit out and just went for broke.

The two kd"s brought the overall score close enough for the tie... But fury imo controlled 7 rounds of the fight.

He would have won had Wilder not dropped those times.

Props for getting up and having a clear head after those counts too....

Fury is the epitome of a natural fighter.

That head movement, body movement, attention to the other guy.... You can't teach that shit.... Dudes like him supposed to be fighters....

I would hate to try to hit a guy like him....I was more impressed by fury. But Wilder lined him up when it was needed. He just ain't have enough to keep him down

Tyson did some ol WWE shit.

giphy.gif
Lmaooo I just bust out laughing.

Here's my breakdown.

Tyson was way too awkward and was confusing Wilder while landing the better shots .

A few early rounds I gave to Wilder like the 4th and 5th cuz I thought fury's jab was all fluff....

But it was landing.... So I started giving fury the rounds when I feel it was the most effective punch... Cuz he kept throwing it....

Late in the fight it looked like Wilder said fuck trying to figure this shit out and just went for broke.

The two kd"s brought the overall score close enough for the tie... But fury imo controlled 7 rounds of the fight.

That head movement, body movement, attention to the other guy.... You can't teach that shit.... Dudes like him supposed to be fighters....

I would hate to try to hit a guy like him....I was more impressed by fury. But Wilder lined him up when it was needed. He just ain't have enough to keep him down
Wilder can't box is his problem. He only goes for the knockout blow. If he went for the body on Fury he would've changed Fury defense. Fury knew Wilder while style jab jab right and left croos that's it.

Also.....Roach had the media thinking Fury was going south paw and homie was in the ring completely different. Didn't know if that changed Wilder game but homie was off especially when Fury blocking all his regular shit. Just like when he fought Ortiz

Last edited:
Here's my breakdown.

I don't agree with your assessment, but even by your argument you only account for the tie score. One of the judges had Wilder winning. That's a crock.

I also don't understand giving Wilder rounds because Tyson's jab was fluff when Wilder's was no better. The fact is Wilder looked dumb and confused the whole fight. I'm not sure how you watch a dude swing at air for a round and say he won the round.

Lol thank you for schooling me

The point is that’s not a lot of consistent work for either fighter. To say one was clearing outdoing the other when they didn’t break 100 punches is just a reach

I have to finish the fight cause my link went out round 10 but I see fury winning the show. Wilder was pressing but he also got his fair licks in comparison based on what i see. Fury shots are cuter but he’s getting touched. Wilder touched his body early and he did not like it. I don’t know if Wilder didn’t pick up on it or he was just that worried about Fury’s length.

Guess I’ll edit this after last 2rounds. But I see a fight of ebbs and flows. Now once again the jab is the most important factor. But when GGG used it, it didn’t count cause he supposed to get the knock out. And GGG was actually landing big shots. Fury hit wilder with some sharp shots so far but nothing big. Relatively of course lol.

Dudes putting on a show and Wilder is helping him by wasting shots with some of the wild swings that makes his defense loook even more impressive. If Wilder fights this with the patience he did the Ortiz fight, he could’ve cruised to a victory. All that bullshit Fury do is a mirage. He just big and awkward. It’s nullifying Wilder for the most part but that’s not saying much. You still gotta do work. He getting touched just as much just not in pretty combos
The thing is even with that, if youbuse the official criteria for scoring a round which includes ring generalship and good defence there are no stats to quantify those (maybe missed punches can be taken into account for defence) so you have to make your judgement on those. For me Fury controlled the pace of the fight.

I always simplify it like this, who would I rather have been in the round? Most of those rounds I would rather have been Fury because he didnt have a huge amount of pressure applied to him, he was pretty comfortable and he was doing more of the scoring as well as controlling the action. Obviously it's subjective but I don't see how people can see it differently.

I don't agree with your assessment, but even by your argument you only account for the tie score. One of the judges had Wilder winning. That's a crock.

I also don't understand giving Wilder rounds because Tyson's jab was fluff when Wilder's was no better. The fact is Wilder looked dumb and confused the whole fight. I'm not sure how you watch a dude swing at air for a round and say he won the round.
Because Wilder was aggressively pursuing in rounds that I felt fury was missing with the jab.

On a second watch, I might give more rounds to fury because of that jab.... But watching it live with no numbers in from of me, at the moment I was leaning towards Wilder until about the 6th when it was clear to me that not only was the jab landing, but controlling the fight.

It took me a while to really catch on, cuz I thought fury was just acting like an idiot.... But once I saw the method in the madness I gave him the rounds he was earning.

But I never go back and change rounds during the fight.

I saw what I saw. I might rewatch next week and score it again....

But I can understand a fury decision.... Wilder not so much so...

A lot of people been saying both guys got robbed...I saw no robbery...

But i will admit that count was slow....
And I'll admit I didn't give fury a few early rounds he might have won..

So theres strong arguments for both guys.... Just not no robbery

Because Wilder was aggressively pursuing in rounds that I felt fury was missing with the jab.

On a second watch, I might give more rounds to fury because of that jab.... But watching it live with no numbers in from of me, at the moment I was leaning towards Wilder until about the 6th when it was clear to me that not only was the jab landing, but controlling the fight.

It took me a while to really catch on, cuz I thought fury was just acting like an idiot.... But once I saw the method in the madness I gave him the rounds he was earning.

But I never go back and change rounds during the fight.

I saw what I saw. I might rewatch next week and score it again....

But I can understand a fury decision.... Wilder not so much so...

A lot of people been saying both guys got robbed...I saw no robbery...

But i will admit that count was slow....
And I'll admit I didn't give fury a few early rounds he might have won..

So theres strong arguments for both guys.... Just not no robbery

I hear you, but I think it's a robbery. If it was a unanimous decision for a tie, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem. Someone giving Wilder the fight is crazy to me. He looked bewildered the whole fight .

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-fury-agree-were-best-division-joshua-chicken--134253

Wilder, Fury Agree: We're Best in Division, Joshua is a Chicken

By Duncan Robinson, courtesy of The Daily Star

TYSON FURY called out Anthony Joshua after his memorable draw with Deontay Wilder in Los Angeles.

In what will surely be remembered as one of the best fights in recent memory, Fury showed that his time away from the ring has not hindered him.

From the start of the contest at the Staples Center, Fury looked assured and composed, winning most rounds on the experts scorecards.

It seemed certain that Fury was set to win back the world heavyweight title but two knockdowns by Wilder seemingly swayed the judges final decision.

Fury was dropped to the canvas twice by Wilder - once in the ninth and one in the final round - but got up both times to fight on.

And scores of 115-111 for Wilder, 114-110 for Fury and a 113-113 tie ensured that the champion retained his world title.

Speaking after the bout, Fury was adamant that he had won the fight and said that a rematch would happen in the future.

But he was quick to call out Anthony Joshua, claiming that himself and Wilder were the best two heavyweights in the world.

“There's another certain heavyweight out there,” before doing a chicken impression trying to aggrieve Joshua.

“Chicken! Chicken! Joshua, where are you?” Fury shouted.

Wilder agreed with Fury, explaining that “I 100% agree with that. We're the two best in the world, and we proved it tonight, you know. You put two warriors in the ring, that want to put on a show for the fans, you get a great fight.

I hear you, but I think it's a robbery. If it was a unanimous decision for a tie, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem. Someone giving Wilder the fight is crazy to me. He looked bewildered the whole fight .

B Wilder Be Wild

shit was a robbery period.

him lookin bewildred was accompanied by his ineffectiveness for all but two moments in the fight it wasn't just a look it was a lack of execution he got schooled

A lot of people weren't convinced by fury's offense....

I wasn't at first either, but I saw it over time.... And if I go back and re watch I prolly would be more aware of it.....

I hate getting into debates about it tho, cuz most people never keep a score card, only go by what the commentators and "punch stats" say....

Boxing is a spectator sport. Follow the rounds and trust your eyes.

One thing about HBO vs showtime

I almost always had the same card as lederman....

Me and farhood, never see eye to eye

“He look bewildered”

That’s my point g cause I know that’s what people being influenced by

There’s no tally for scoring a fight based on how confused he look

Only the work matters, did you outwork/out punish your guy

With 2 knockdowns, Wilder don’t need to have won but 4 rounds to tie. Think about that before you call some shit like this fight a robbery

again

WITH 2 KNOCKDOWNS, WILDER ONLY NEEDS TO WIN 4 ROUNDS TOTAL TO TIE

A ROUND IS 3 minutes. I understand exactly what Du is talking about when he talks about Wilder pushing the pace in some of those rounds and Fury’s jab not being effective enough throughout to just give him round...Fury landed like 4 more jabs in the fight so the numbers support what the eyes saw
There's no tally but there is a criteria called effective aggression and for the majority of the fight wilder was very ineffective with his aggression

You don’t get to pick and choose. That’s one criteria for scoring a fight but you use it in conjunction with the other criteria’s

They averaged about 5-7 punches landed a round(Both of them)

That’s not a robbery. I’m not using the numbers to make my argument, they just support what my eyes saw

You can say robbery, but nobody can logically make that argument
Exactly in conjunctuon with thebother criteria which i stated in my previous post that just makes the case stringer for Fury. Clean punching, effectice aggression, ring generalship and good defence. You score the rounds using that criteria you should end up scoring the fight for Fury

Yup.

Did you post your score card?

I gave Wilder rounds 2, 9 and 12... I thought the first 2rounds were close, I gave one a piece but you could argue either man getting both or splitting them, either way I thought it was a clear Fury win...

Edit: I just rewatched round 1, defo a Fury round imo...

Last edited:
You don’t get to decide what math should look like

Fury might have won 8 rounds to 4. Know what that gets him with two knockdowns, a draw! 7 to 5? Fury lost. 6 to 6. Fury lost

So that’s a small margin of error to claim robbery

You wanna make the claim Fury won 10 rounds, be my guest. But that’s exactly what makes you wrong
We are obviously not going to agree but if you have 5 rounds scored for Wilder then i don't know what else to tell ya. I was actually looking to give Wilder rounds because I wanted my prediction to be vindicated but they just weren't there for him.

Back